07-04-07, 10:06 AM   #1
Olnir Orcsplitter
An Aku'mai Servant

Omen

Any chance of getting Omen put in instead of KTM?

Last edited by Olnir Orcsplitter : 07-04-07 at 10:10 AM.
07-04-07, 10:21 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It was looked at, but Threat-1.0 (what actually calculates threat) is still in beta and Mazzle wanted to make sure that all the issues with KTM were worked out first. You're free to substitute it in yourself, though.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-04-07, 10:25 AM   #3
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There are also some issues with having some people running KTM and some Omen at times in the same group- not always is there a 100% match. These issues are being hashed out in the Omen forums.

"I will crush and destroy and...ooo...shiny..."

07-04-07, 12:23 PM   #4
Nous
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Olnir Orcsplitter
Any chance of getting Omen put in instead of KTM?
Indeed Omen does use up way less memory than KTM as KTM runs even when no data is being parced, but Omen is in the Beta stages right now. As it seems for myself, I have to download a new version every day for my raids. It would just be better to manually delete the KLH Threat Meter folder and install the Omen addon periodically.
08-30-07, 05:20 AM   #5
FirestarZA
A Kobold Labourer
First of all, let me thank Mazzle from the bottom of my heart for the first, truely excellent UI pack that I've used. I've used Photek previously, but I always found that I've had to spend hours to try and customise it to just the way I like it. Then I cannot update again, since I would have to spend the same time to customise yet again. I installed Mazzle last night, and found that I changed 2 things. Omen for KTM and Auctioneer for the AH stuff (simply because I like and am familiar with Auctioneer)

Then, I'd like to know if there is any change in this decision? I've been using Omen since just a couple of weeks after it came out, and never had any major problems. In fact, it's so good, that it's now became a requirement by my guild to remove KTM and use OMEN in stead.

Any idea when you'll be giving this as an option? It's no real issue to replace KTM with OMEN manually, but since this addon already gives you 100 million options, one more wouldn't be a problem, and it would be quite welcome, in fact.

Please consider it?
08-30-07, 08:29 AM   #6
Morguean
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by FirestarZA
First of all, let me thank Mazzle from the bottom of my heart for the first, truely excellent UI pack that I've used. I've used Photek previously, but I always found that I've had to spend hours to try and customise it to just the way I like it. Then I cannot update again, since I would have to spend the same time to customise yet again. I installed Mazzle last night, and found that I changed 2 things. Omen for KTM and Auctioneer for the AH stuff (simply because I like and am familiar with Auctioneer)

Then, I'd like to know if there is any change in this decision? I've been using Omen since just a couple of weeks after it came out, and never had any major problems. In fact, it's so good, that it's now became a requirement by my guild to remove KTM and use OMEN in stead.

Any idea when you'll be giving this as an option? It's no real issue to replace KTM with OMEN manually, but since this addon already gives you 100 million options, one more wouldn't be a problem, and it would be quite welcome, in fact.

Please consider it?
personally, given that Omen tends to not work all the time for everyone, I just dont know its reliable enough, for the 3 weeks i tested it (and yes, i kept it up to date) i had several occasions where threat generated from party members just would not show up on omen (and yes, these people had omen/ktm)

if they can fix those errors, it might be worthwhile, but they've yet to do it.
08-30-07, 08:49 AM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Threat-1.0 was updated the other day to fix those issues. It had slipped under Antiarc's radar that Threat's data was not being sent through the addon channel as high priority messages. So, if there was too much traffic in the data channel, threat's data would kindly step aside and let the "more important" stuff go through first. This has been fixed, and threat's data now has a higher priority.

Mazzle just wanted to make sure that it was 100% stable before making a decision to include it.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-30-07, 09:14 AM   #8
Razan
A Defias Bandit
OK so we know why Omen's not included so any tips for those of us required to run Omen (like my guild) to replace KTM? Just slap it in there? Omen normally puts a little icon around the minimap (as do lots of mods). How will that work with Mazzle's awesome modded map?

Any tips from people that are using Omen instead of KTM with Mazzle?
08-30-07, 09:35 AM   #9
Olnir Orcsplitter
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Razan
OK so we know why Omen's not included so any tips for those of us required to run Omen (like my guild) to replace KTM? Just slap it in there? Omen normally puts a little icon around the minimap (as do lots of mods). How will that work with Mazzle's awesome modded map?

Any tips from people that are using Omen instead of KTM with Mazzle?

Just "slap it in there" and keep it updated. It works well. Mine does not have a map icon... I am pretty sure I removed it using the Omen options in FuBar.
08-30-07, 09:43 AM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Omen attaches itself to FuBar if its installed. If you don't want to see its plugin, check "hide plugin"

08-30-07, 10:01 AM   #11
Razan
A Defias Bandit
Perfect re: FuBar. Thanks guys.

BTW this UI rocks. Much thanks!
08-30-07, 03:57 PM   #12
Thoragh
A Cliff Giant
I disabled KTM and added Omen. Have had no problems at all.
08-30-07, 04:26 PM   #13
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The issue wasn't whether or not it wouldn't work with the UI. It was that Omen/Threat-1.0 was and still is beta with the kinks/threat data stuff still being finished/worked out.

It does work. It works very well and keeps getting better. But it just wasn't as tried and true as KTM yet. Anyone is free to substitute it into their UI.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Omen