06-18-14, 03:32 PM   #1
Meganbtoo
An Aku'mai Servant
Permentantly exclude quests from quest watch

Is there any way to keep quests off the list permanently. I have some pet battle quests that get brought up my by low levels every time i log them and they fill my list. I would like them to not show automatically on any character, even the ones who could do them and are in the zone(s) to do them.

06-18-14, 09:07 PM   #2
Nimhfree
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I implemented that functionality in my addon Wholly. Perhaps you can convince Rythal to start using Grail as the quest database and similar features from Wholly can appear in Carbonite.

06-19-14, 01:23 AM   #3
Meganbtoo
An Aku'mai Servant
Thanks but I am not bothering him to change it, just asking if there is something I have missed

06-20-14, 10:53 PM   #4
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
At this time, the hiding the quest from the tracker is a per character flag, however once you have hidden it, it should stay hidden and off the tracker for that character.

06-21-14, 02:05 AM   #5
Meganbtoo
An Aku'mai Servant
Thanks, but how? I do not mind doing it per character, but i have never seen anything that says you can hide a quest from the tracker? That is what I fear I am missing.

06-21-14, 12:27 PM   #6
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Meganbtoo View Post
Is there any way to keep quests off the list permanently. I have some pet battle quests........
I may be mistaken, but I haven't noticed whether the Carbonite addon includes Battle Pet questing, or not. I also took a look at the "Wholly" addon (which seems like a great one!), and I didn't see any reference to Battle Pets in it, either. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your actual situation?

EDITED: Jun 23, 2014
Because I had never even considered using Carbonite for battling pets, I never noticed that it does have compatibility with at least the "Pet Tracker" addon (found on Curse). I found it there only by accident, since the author of "PetJournal Enhanced" seems to have disappeared and hasn't updated his addon for a very long time. I really liked that addon! I was looking elsewhere for another Battle Pet addon.

Last edited by Kreelor : 06-23-14 at 11:12 AM. Reason: pet tracker

06-21-14, 08:09 PM   #7
Meganbtoo
An Aku'mai Servant
Totally. It is the quests that appear on quest watch every time I log in any of the 28 chars I play regularly that I want to not appear every time. The fact that they are to do with pet battle dailies is only relevant insofar as there are about 6 of them with many objectives.

06-27-14, 01:37 AM   #8
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
If you open the quest log (L) every quest has a bubble/dot beside the name of it, the ones which will be tracked are colored in, the ones to be hidden are grey. Just click the bubble on the ones you don't want to show up

Last edited by Rythal : 06-27-14 at 08:19 AM.

06-27-14, 06:34 AM   #9
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I don't know, Rythal, maybe your version of Carbonite is different than mine (5.4.2 alpha 5), but the "Q" key just strafes my character to the left. The "L" key, however, does the job and opens the Carbonite Quest Log. "Alt + L" still opens the Blizzard quest log.

Maybe you re-bound your "L" key and bound your "Q" key to your QL so long ago that you forgot it (or maybe it's an up coming change that we'll get in the next update).

It's a trivial thing, for sure, but......

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

06-27-14, 08:19 AM   #10
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
*laughs* no... your right, it is L... I was writing that reply at 4am and was a little brain dead.

06-27-14, 10:36 AM   #11
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Yeah, "been there done that". Too often.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

06-28-14, 10:25 AM   #12
Meganbtoo
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
If you open the quest log (L) every quest has a bubble/dot beside the name of it, the ones which will be tracked are colored in, the ones to be hidden are grey. Just click the bubble on the ones you don't want to show up
So, I have 18 x 90 and 2 x 88 I play regularly. Each time I log into one of them I have to do that for 6 quests. The reason for my original quest was so I did NOT have to do that every time I logged them. I have been using carbonite ever since you had to pay for it so I know how this solution works, I was just trying to avoid it.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Permentantly exclude quests from quest watch