01-09-06, 11:02 PM   #1
CheshireGeek
A Defias Bandit

FlexTotem in Discord Action Bars?

At this moment I am using both FlexBar v1.5.4 for FlexTotem and Discord Action Bars v3.0 for my interface. Is it possible to recreate functionality of FlexTotem in Discord Action Bars?
01-10-06, 07:49 AM   #2
Lozareth
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Probably. What exactly does it do?
01-10-06, 09:59 AM   #3
kanzaki
A Murloc Raider
FlexTotem basically uses several of flexbar's buttons and uses them just for totems. So there are 4 buttons, one for earth, fire, water and air. When you mouse over these buttons it pops up with another bar with all of your actual totems. So mouse over and then you see like all of your totems you can cast. Once you cast one it then pops the hot key for that one totem in the buttons that are permanently shown that you would mouse over and it gives a timer and you can set it to a global or like the individual totem timer. Let me just link someone's screenshot of their UI using it and also a link to the flex totem webpage...

http://members.home.nl/wooz/FlexTotem/

Their webpage provides a fairly detailed explaination and also a few screenshots that are animated. Sorry I couldn't explain it too well it is kind of hard to explain lol. Anyways if we saw a discord version of that let me just say I would <3 forever lol. But anyways hope this answers your questions about it Loz.
01-10-06, 12:02 PM   #4
Roane
A Theradrim Guardian
I looked at that a while back and had the same questions, Cheshire. I'm reasonably sure it could be done with DAB.

Prior to 3.0, I think it looked like it would require a little bit of scripting (for the button reassignment part). Now you've got me wondering if it could be done with the new fancy conditionals.

Loz could probably answer that for sure, but since I'm thinking about spending some time on my Shaman again, I might just see if I can get something like that to work over the next few nights. If no one else comes up with a definitive answer before that point, I'll let you know what I work out.

Edit: After reviewing FlexTotem again, I'm pretty sure some of that is beyond me. (Beyond my passion for figuring things out if not beyond my abilities.) What I will try to do is some of the lesser pieces, namely replacing the buttons for the individual elements with the last totem cast. That's the part I always wanted myself, but I realize the timers and the stomping may be more important to others.

Last edited by Roane : 01-10-06 at 12:19 PM.
01-14-06, 09:14 AM   #5
Curney
A Murloc Raider

*bump*

I would love to see some help on how to do something like this with Discord.
01-17-06, 11:05 AM   #6
Curney
A Murloc Raider

This going to be doable with the new 3.1 beta features?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » FlexTotem in Discord Action Bars?