11-08-14, 12:01 AM   #201
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Just pushed my latest version that i'm testing with... will update this post with BG's i've tested and seen working / not working

While waiting for debuff to expire and testing I started tackling the close up view maps, and have them 90% working, just need to change a couple numbers for the special map blocks and test I can close up zoom them. This patch should be pushed tomorrow. For now i'm heading to bed...

Tested
---------------
Warsong Gulch - Working
Arathi Basin - Working
Kotmogu - Working
Eye of Storm - Working
Alterac Valley - Working
Gilneas - Working
Twin Peaks - Working
Deepwind Gorge - Working
Isle of Conq - Working
Silvershard - Working
Strands - Working

Last edited by Rythal : 11-08-14 at 01:16 PM.

11-08-14, 01:26 AM   #202
Dragnwarror
A Murloc Raider
Maps

I was wondering did you make the map a separate add on? if not could you do that by chance? maybe make just the map? I can not stand the wow map but the other stuff that comes with carbonite is not always needed. in the end even if having just the map available when new patchs come out would be great if the other parts are broken. just an idea. thank you so much for all the hard work you are putting into this. if i was a rich man i would buy you out of your job so you could focus just on this lol

11-08-14, 01:47 AM   #203
Kes
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks, Rythal, for working so hard on this. The socks you rocketh are many and mighty. The love and adulation you receive is but a small portion of what you deserve.

11-08-14, 03:36 AM   #204
Aldavor
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by LadyTash View Post
I'm 45 lol...There are actually quite a number of more mature players on, but I've found that many tend to kind of stay to themselves as they don't want to deal with the childish antics. There are actually a number of guilds across several servers that cater directly to us "old folks".
Originally Posted by beastieboy442 View Post
66 y.o. here came all the way up thru Diablo, 2. LOD. 3 & ROS ... and many others TL, TL2, Synergies, and quite a few others ... just started w/WoW and compketelt obsessed.

Cheers you kids
61yo here; nice to know I'm in good company!

11-08-14, 11:42 AM   #205
LarryGatlin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Aldavor View Post
61yo here; nice to know I'm in good company!
Yup, there are more of us >60 Years Young then people think, I being 66, and enjoying every moment of it!!

11-08-14, 11:43 AM   #206
blackpups
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by LarryGatlin View Post
Yup, there are more of us >60 Years Young then people think, I being 66, and enjoying every moment of it!!
Love you and your brothers' music

My husband is 61 and plays as well.

11-08-14, 11:47 AM   #207
timidangel
A Fallenroot Satyr
I realize that i might be the minority, i use carbonite mostly for the quest tracking, i like seeing the quests on the side and i like the nice yellow arrow at the top showing me where to go, so i downloaded the version you are sharing for people to help work on, and i put it in my addons and the arrow wasnt there nor was the quests on the side, so my question is simple i hope, is that something thats not working yet and if so thats fine and i wil patiently wait, or is there something of blizzards that i need to turn off to make carbonites quest and arrow work?

by the way, as stated before, Rythal you are doing great work and we appreciate it tremendously

oh and those of you talking about ages, i'm 41, my hubby is 48 and we've played pretty much almost every day since Wrath ( we were late bloomers)

11-08-14, 12:01 PM   #208
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by timidangel View Post
I realize that i might be the minority, i use carbonite mostly for the quest tracking, i like seeing the quests on the side and i like the nice yellow arrow at the top showing me where to go, so i downloaded the version you are sharing for people to help work on, and i put it in my addons and the arrow wasnt there nor was the quests on the side, so my question is simple i hope, is that something thats not working yet and if so thats fine and i wil patiently wait, or is there something of blizzards that i need to turn off to make carbonites quest and arrow work?

by the way, as stated before, Rythal you are doing great work and we appreciate it tremendously

oh and those of you talking about ages, i'm 41, my hubby is 48 and we've played pretty much almost every day since Wrath ( we were late bloomers)
Quests unfortunately is not working at all yet, and if you are using the git version Carbonite itself won't even load fully with quests enabled which might be why you don't have the arrow

11-08-14, 02:30 PM   #209
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
So, as I get down to nearing getting things finished (I'm down to only 1 obvious problem which is map icons) I've already decided that when I release it, Cabonite itself will be maps, and only maps, the way people have been asking for ages. Want Warehouse, you can download / install Carbonite warehouse aswell... want quest tracking, download and install carbonite quests

While the addon has been modular for a while now in the alpha releases, this will be the first official release to the open public and I had to decide to package everything still or split it up.

What I am having a hard time deciding on, is ingame messages about updates. Myself personally they annoy me, Curse client lets me know when stuff has an update, and while I haven't used it yet i'm sure minion does too... so i'm considering removing it from Carbonite.

11-08-14, 02:32 PM   #210
Skrubinbublz
A Kobold Labourer
Like everyone else, I too am detoxing from there not being a Carbonite add-on right now. I have turned to drinking, drugs, and prostituted myself to coders for a fix. But alas, nothing. Have been using this virtual crack since BC.

Many thanks go out to Rythal and any others that may help this kind person get this staple of an add-on back in the game.

While the subject of age is fresh, I am 42 and have been playing since 6 months before BC came out. My son plays also, but is he only 8. (Sorry ladies, hands off that handsome young fella!!!)

Good luck and happy coding!!

11-08-14, 03:22 PM   #211
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
....I've already decided that when I release it, Cabonite itself will be maps, and only maps, the way people have been asking for ages. Want Warehouse, you can download / install Carbonite warehouse aswell... want quest tracking, download and install carbonite quests....
The answers to my following questions may be obvious, but I'm hoping for a little bit of clarification.

* Have you decided on a naming convention for the individual Carbonite addons? For instance, will they be named something like "CarboniteII_Warehouse" (with some kind of an extender following the names)?

* Will this be the beginning of finally naming your releases as actually "CarboniteII" as compared to "Carbonite"? --- An historic moment, indeed!

* Will 'everything' Carbonite be available (mirrored) on Wowinterface as well as on Curse? I hope so, since I don't like Curse.

Rythal, I thank you most sincerely for everything you have done. As mentioned by someone else earlier, your name has become legendary! Your efforts have, and will, impact people from around the world!

A btw footnote:
I may as well mention that I turned 69 two months ago in September. It's always a good day when I'm still above ground!

11-08-14, 03:31 PM   #212
Tr0ubl3d0ne
A Kobold Labourer
Wow, I guess im the younggin here (42). I cannot wait for Carbonite to be back up and running, been addicted since we had to pay for it way back when. Thank you Rythal from the bottom of my meager 14 slot backpack.

11-08-14, 04:13 PM   #213
Fizgig1973
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
So, as I get down to nearing getting things finished (I'm down to only 1 obvious problem which is map icons) I've already decided that when I release it, Cabonite itself will be maps, and only maps, the way people have been asking for ages. Want Warehouse, you can download / install Carbonite warehouse aswell... want quest tracking, download and install carbonite quests

While the addon has been modular for a while now in the alpha releases, this will be the first official release to the open public and I had to decide to package everything still or split it up.

What I am having a hard time deciding on, is ingame messages about updates. Myself personally they annoy me, Curse client lets me know when stuff has an update, and while I haven't used it yet i'm sure minion does too... so i'm considering removing it from Carbonite.
Love hearing this! Maps is the main component I cannot live without.

And personally, 1 vote for not having in game update reminders.

11-08-14, 05:38 PM   #214
blackpups
A Fallenroot Satyr
Maps are great, but I primarily use quest tracking. Are you saying that will be a separate add-on that you will be developing.... or already is.... or it's someone else's? Or what? I guess I've always thought everything was already in a bundle in the one add-on but maybe I'm missing something.

11-08-14, 06:08 PM   #215
Boggtroll
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I had to decide to package everything still or split it up.

it would be nice if along side the split up plugins you also had a Carbonite(II?) - Complete

And as far as the update message, yea it can get annoying (i completely agree) but for users like me that do most of my addons manually and don't really use a manager like CurseClient or WoWInterfaces it would be nice to keep the feature as a toggle somewhere within the options. Even if it is by default off.

But instead of saying the addon is out of date even when there is no updated version? i would try to bypass that and only have it spam "I WANT AN UPDATE" when one is actually available...i know sometime around cata and mop launches carbonite kept yelling for updates when i had the most updated one from Curse, WoW Interface, and CarboniteAddon.com...but still got yelled at with all of them lol.

11-08-14, 09:35 PM   #216
timidangel
A Fallenroot Satyr
thank you Rythal for your quick reply...my question is the same as another user asked .... if you are splitting it up, then it will still come as carboniteQuests or whatever and we will easily know that's what we need if we want the quest tracker, i assume that's what you were meaning? i'm old and get confused easily

i also agree, the ingame message could be taken out i'd say or at least have it an option thats usually off maybe

11-08-14, 10:00 PM   #217
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Maps seem to be fully working

Quests is partially working.... as in the quest watch is back up and running fully, but it's not letting you track any quests on the map regardless if Carbonite knows it or not. So I am getting much much closer to being done (and then I get to start all over again to add WoD zones lol)

11-09-14, 12:23 AM   #218
fctech
A Defias Bandit
....What I am having a hard time deciding on, is ingame messages about updates. Myself personally they annoy me, Curse client lets me know when stuff has an update, and while I haven't used it yet i'm sure minion does too... so i'm considering removing it from Carbonite.
Wouldn't miss them if they were to vanish, unlike Carbonite which I'm missing terribly . Like you said Curse does a fine job letting one know there is an update. I pay more attention to that than the ingame messages.

11-09-14, 12:46 AM   #219
corsika
A Defias Bandit
Maps seem to be fully working

Quests is partially working.... as in the quest watch is back up and running fully, but it's not letting you track any quests on the map regardless if Carbonite knows it or not. So I am getting much much closer to being done (and then I get to start all over again to add WoD zones lol)
I noticed the ctrl+click to set a random destination is also failing. I'm using the build from last night, so you may have fixed this today. Just thought I'd pass along that it's appears in non-quest-related tracking too.

If it helps, here's the trace:

Code:
Date: 2014-11-08 23:40:26
ID: 3
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
   attempt to index field 'ButATarget' (a nil value)
Debug:
   Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8315: ClearAutoTarget()
   Carbonite\NxMap.lua:9448: func()
   Carbonite\NxMap.lua:420: CallFunc()
   Carbonite\NxMap.lua:3488:
      Carbonite\NxMap.lua:3453
Locals:
self = <table> {
 SetSortMode = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8323
 Menu_OnRemoveAllWatches = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8248
 Menu_OnAbandon = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8243
 Update = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8366
 ClearAutoTarget = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8308
 Menu_OnShowMap = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8217
 RemoveWatch = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8262
 ClearCustom = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8384
 ClearCompleted = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:9189
 Menu_OnShare = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8227
 Menu_OnLinkQuest = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8222
 Menu_OnShowQuest = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8209
 Set = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:9090
 OnUpdateTimer = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8350
 WinUpdateFade = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8968
 Open = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:7973
 AddCustom = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8388
 OnListEvent = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8985
 ShowUpdate = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8952
 UpdateList = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8432
 OnTimer = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8404
 Menu_OnRemoveWatch = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8202
 OnWin = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8196
 FixedChange = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8189
 Add = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:9171
}
keepTracking = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = "attempt to index field 'ButATarget' (a nil value)"

AddOns:
  Swatter, v4.4.2 (<%codename%>)
  AckisRecipeList, v3.0.8
  Atlas, v1.30.01
  AtlasLoot, vv7.07.03
  AtlasLootCataclysm, vv7.07.03
  AtlasLootClassicWoW, vv7.07.03
  AtlasLootLoader, vv7.07.03
  AtlasLootMistsofPandaria, vv7.07.03
  AucAdvanced, v5.21b.5509 (SanctimoniousSwamprat)
  AucFilterBasic, v5.21b.5509 (SanctimoniousSwamprat)
  AucFilterOutlier, v5.21b.5509.5459(5.21b/embedded)
  AucMatchUndercut, v5.21b.5509.5507(5.21b/embedded)
  AucStatHistogram, v5.21b.5509 (SanctimoniousSwamprat)
  AucStatiLevel, v5.21b.5509 (SanctimoniousSwamprat)
  AucStatPurchased, v5.21b.5509 (SanctimoniousSwamprat)
  AucStatSales, v5.21b.5509.5476(5.21b/embedded)
  AucStatSimple, v5.21b.5509 (SanctimoniousSwamprat)
  AucStatStdDev, v5.21b.5509 (SanctimoniousSwamprat)
  AucStatWOWEcon, v5.21b.5509.5323(5.21b/embedded)
  AucUtilAHWindowControl, v5.21b.5509.5347(5.21b/embedded)
  AucUtilAppraiser, v5.21b.5509.5495(5.21b/embedded)
  AucUtilAskPrice, v5.21b.5509.5447(5.21b/embedded)
  AucUtilAutoMagic, v5.21b.5509.5443(5.21b/embedded)
  AucUtilCompactUI, v5.21b.5509.5496(5.21b/embedded)
  AucUtilEasyBuyout, v5.21b.5509.5507(5.21b/embedded)
  AucUtilFixAH, v5.21b.5509 (SanctimoniousSwamprat)
  AucUtilItemSuggest, v5.21b.5509.5417(5.21b/embedded)
  AucUtilPriceLevel, v5.21b.5509.5458(5.21b/embedded)
  AucUtilScanButton, v5.21b.5509.5403(5.21b/embedded)
  AucUtilScanFinish, v5.21b.5509.5505(5.21b/embedded)
  AucUtilScanProgress, v5.21b.5509.4979(5.21b/embedded)
  AucUtilScanStart, v5.21b.5509.5347(5.21b/embedded)
  AucUtilSearchUI, v5.21b.5509.5505(5.21b/embedded)
  AucUtilSimpleAuction, v5.21b.5509.5507(5.21b/embedded)
  AucUtilVendMarkup, v5.21b.5509.4828(5.21b/embedded)
  AutoRepBar, v1.3
  Babylonian, v5.1.DEV.332(/embedded)
  BankItems, v6.0.3.2
  BeanCounter, v5.21b.5509 (SanctimoniousSwamprat)
  Carbonite, v6.0
  CarboniteInfo, v1.0
  CarboniteNotes, v1.1
  CarboniteNotesSample, v1.0
  CarboniteQuests, v1.0
  CarboniteSocial, v1.0
  CarboniteWarehouse, v1.0
  Configator, v5.1.DEV.359(/embedded)
  DBMCore, v
  DBMDefaultSkin, v
  DBMStatusBarTimers, v
  DebugLib, v5.1.DEV.337(/embedded)
  Enchantrix, v5.21b.5509 (SanctimoniousSwamprat)
  EnchantrixBarker, v5.21b.5509 (SanctimoniousSwamprat)
  Farmed, v5.41
  FlightMap, v5.4.0.0
  Gatherer, v4.4.2
  Genie, v5.4.8
  GenieLDB, v5.4.8
  GenieUI, v5.4.8
  Informant, v5.21b.5509 (SanctimoniousSwamprat)
  LibExtraTip, v5.12.DEV.363(/embedded)
  Pawn, v1.9.4
  Recount, vr1276
  SlideBar, v4.4.2 (<%codename%>)
  Stubby, v5.21b.5509 (SanctimoniousSwamprat)
  TimelessAnswers, vv1.2.3
  TipHelper, v5.12.DEV.351(/embedded)
  Titan, v5.3.2.60000
  TitanBag, v5.3.2.60000
  TitanClock, v5.3.2.60000
  TitanGold, v5.3.2.60000
  TitanLocation, v5.3.2.60000
  TitanLootType, v5.3.2.60000
  TitanPerformance, v5.3.2.60000
  TitanRepair, v5.3.2.60000
  TitanVolume, v5.3.2.60000
  TitanXP, v5.3.2.60000
  XPerl, v3.7.5
  XPerlArcaneBar, v
  XPerlParty, v
  XPerlPartyPet, v
  XPerlPlayer, v
  XPerlPlayerBuffs, v
  XPerlPlayerPet, v
  XPerlRaidAdmin, v
  XPerlRaidFrames, v
  XPerlRaidHelper, v
  XPerlRaidPets, v
  XPerlTarget, v
  XPerlTargetTarget, v
  BlizRuntimeLib_enUS v6.0.3.60000 <none>
  (ck=c54)

11-09-14, 02:17 AM   #220
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by corsika View Post
I noticed the ctrl+click to set a random destination is also failing. I'm using the build from last night, so you may have fixed this today. Just thought I'd pass along that it's appears in non-quest-related tracking too.

If it helps, here's the trace:
Wasn't intentional, but yes that is working in my local build that i'm just about to upload...

seems to of started working as I was fixing the quest watch window, which now works for quests Carbonite knows, but not yet for quests it's suppose to be scanning the world for when it doesn't know.

So far there are 3 issue's I know of in my current build
1) Can't bring up carbonites quest window (both L and alt-L are bringing up blizzards)
2) The world scan for unknown quest POI's isn't working
3) If a quest has a clicky associated with it, it's not displaying and firing errors like crazy.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » WOD/Pre-patch