02-01-10, 08:54 AM   #1
Amenity
Incorrect versioning?

Part of the reason I've been writing a lot of my own stuff here lately is because I want users of REMIX to be able to use MMOUI Minion to their hearts' content (instead of having to re-download the entire UI to get the latest versions of addons that I'd modified). Well, I'm kinda having a little problem with that.

As it sits of the time of this posting, aTRACKt is at version 3.3α (which is stated both on its' page in the version field as well as in the change log, and in the addon's TOC). However, according to Minion the latest version is "01"...which is a version that's never existed (the first release I put up was ßr03). It's also flagging this as being an "update" to the existing version.

Exact same thing is happening with REMIX_Minimap. It's currently in its' first beta revision (ßr01) yet MMOUI Minion is saying the latest version is "01", just like it's doing for aTRACKt.

I checked the TOCs of a couple of other addons I update through Minion (most notably some of Seerah's and Cladhaire's work, figuring if anyone would have it right these two would) and there's nothing significantly different as far as metadata or anything is concerned. Did a search, looked through some posts, etc...and I'm not coming up with anything.

Some clarification would be much appreciated.
02-01-10, 09:24 AM   #2
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Amenity View Post
Part of the reason I've been writing a lot of my own stuff here lately is because I want users of REMIX to be able to use MMOUI Minion to their hearts' content (instead of having to re-download the entire UI to get the latest versions of addons that I'd modified). Well, I'm kinda having a little problem with that.

As it sits of the time of this posting, aTRACKt is at version 3.3α (which is stated both on its' page in the version field as well as in the change log, and in the addon's TOC). However, according to Minion the latest version is "01"...which is a version that's never existed (the first release I put up was ßr03). It's also flagging this as being an "update" to the existing version.

Exact same thing is happening with REMIX_Minimap. It's currently in its' first beta revision (ßr01) yet MMOUI Minion is saying the latest version is "01", just like it's doing for aTRACKt.

I checked the TOCs of a couple of other addons I update through Minion (most notably some of Seerah's and Cladhaire's work, figuring if anyone would have it right these two would) and there's nothing significantly different as far as metadata or anything is concerned. Did a search, looked through some posts, etc...and I'm not coming up with anything.

Some clarification would be much appreciated.
Might this be an encoding issue of ß requiring UTF-8? (I don't know wether ß requires UTF-8 or not, just trying to scope the problem)
02-01-10, 09:30 AM   #3
Shello
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Same problem.
Maybe Minion has downgrade the Addons? xD

When Minion "updates" my Addons then i have hundrets of Errors.
Its my luck that i have saved my Interface folder tomorrow xD
02-01-10, 09:31 AM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yeah, might be better to use an actual B instead of the Greek beta/German eszett...
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

02-01-10, 09:39 AM   #5
Amenity
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Yeah, might be better to use an actual B instead of the Greek beta/German eszett...
Racists.

I'll give it a shot and let ya know.

**EDIT: Well, there's some kind of weirdness going on. I changed the one for REMIX_Minimap and it's working fine in Minion now. However, I didn't do anything with aTRACKt...and now it's working fine too.

Last edited by Amenity : 02-01-10 at 09:49 AM.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Archive » Incorrect versioning?