08-29-09, 07:31 AM   #1
Tondef
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
ERROR: Could not create temporary directory.

I've been using Minon for about a month with no issues, but since 3.2 I keep getting either the could not create directory or Access denied errors on addons that have been updated previously.

Looking at the file and folder attributes, they show that they are read only for some reason. I change them back to allow access but still get the error. And then the file is back to read only access.
08-31-09, 09:27 AM   #2
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
Java doesn't really have any knowledge of file permissions, so that's not really something I can change in my code. There must be something else doing that.

I hate to be so negative, but this is actually a common operation caused by malicious programs that are installed. I would advise scanning your computer. Have you installed anything new recently?
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
09-03-09, 06:40 PM   #3
CobraA1
A Cliff Giant

Also look in the NTFS permissions. It could be inheriting something from a parent folder.

Also may want to use Process Monitor from Sysinternals to keep an eye on the folder. Set up a filter to monitor the folder, and it should tell you exactly what's modifying it.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Archive » ERROR: Could not create temporary directory.