08-30-07, 11:17 PM   #1
bobmca91
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
New UI

I was in BT and thought my current ui was too bright and colorful for the place..so i messed with some new artwork and came up with this really dark and evil looking UI, what do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_083007_221125.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	188.3 KB
ID:	1381  
08-31-07, 12:22 AM   #2
Xanithon
A Cobalt Mageweaver

5/5 for a great dark Design, it's just a little hard to see the UnitFrames.

What is the memory usage of this?

08-31-07, 10:26 AM   #3
bobmca91
A Fallenroot Satyr
Total addon memory is currently 28.4 MB, theres a few things i will be changing before release but it wont be getting much smaller then that i dont think.
08-31-07, 10:55 AM   #4
malcite
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I like the looks on it, but id suggest making some framings for it. some gold trimmings would look great around the edges on that and would really portray a dark dungeon feel i think.

As for addon total memory, how do you deal with sw stats continually taking more and more memory for logging the data?

I like swstats, but i hope there will be an option to turn of the log system in an upcoming update. That way i don't have to worry about it draining my memory each time i join a raid.
08-31-07, 12:40 PM   #5
bobmca91
A Fallenroot Satyr
Yea it seems like the only person that likes the frames/unitframes is me lol, i guess i could do change them up a bit for the release. And for your concern with SW stats, i have never noticed it slowing me down too much. I believe theres one that constantly deletes all the saved junk swstats stores, i think its called recount? or something.
08-31-07, 01:09 PM   #6
malcite
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

isnt that a totally different dmg/healing/whatever meter?

EDIT: it is. check it out here: http://www.wowace.com/wiki/Recount

And well swstats does use like 5mb on logging or so (thats what ive heard anyway) and tends to slow me down a bit. Recount supposedly is even worse (and messier to set up after what i experienced) as it has all those graphs and such to keep track of.

and by the way, i didnt hate em, but some brigher edges would actually enhance what you made (well i think that anyway) and give it a more dark and creepy effect

Take a goth as an example, u dont see em painting their faces black with black clothes, they are white like ghosts to magnify the effect

Last edited by malcite : 08-31-07 at 01:15 PM.
09-22-07, 02:14 PM   #7
Beacon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I like the texture...great for pre-beta!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Alpha/Beta AddOns and Compilations » New UI