08-26-05, 11:40 PM   #1
Titan Bar graphics problem

I recently just installed the Titan Bar mod only to find that I can't get it working properly.

First thing that happens is this error message when I log into the game:

(Thumbnail)

After this, there will be no Titan bar. Or should I say, it's invisible because I can rightclick it. I need to put it down the bottom of my screen and then back to the top again to make it visible.

Here is what my Titan Bar looks like, however:

(Thumbnail)

As you can see, it's not exactly very useful at the moment.

I installed Titan Bar 1.25 1600. I installed it by creating an Addons folder in my Interface folder, and then unzipping the Titan Bar straight into that folder. The Titan Bar information resides in WoW\Interface\Addons\Titan. I also installed a couple of Titan addons in the same way. These are: TitanMoneyx, TitanRester, and TitanCombatInfo.

Any assistance with this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Also, while I may be offtopic here....is there a mod that will add numeric HP/Rage/Energy/MP to the existing information in the top left? Something that makes the mouseover effect static. Thanks again if you can point me to something that can do this or similar.

Last edited by Karma : 08-26-05 at 11:42 PM.
08-26-05, 11:50 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
First suggestion. Add your screenshots as attachments to this thread, then you can copy them into the post itself. After that, we can more likely help.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
08-27-05, 12:46 AM   #3
Didn't realize that I linked incorrectly; I've now fixed that.

EDIT: Since the error is about one of the Titan addons, I removed all of those and tried just the basic Titan Bar. Same thing happens however, minus the error message.

Last edited by Karma : 08-27-05 at 12:50 AM.
08-27-05, 07:52 AM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Okay, quick question for you. Within your Titan folder, is there another folder called "Artwork"?
08-27-05, 09:39 AM   #5
Originally Posted by Cairenn
Okay, quick question for you. Within your Titan folder, is there another folder called "Artwork"?
Yes. It contains 21 TGA files at a total of 195Kb.
08-27-05, 11:31 AM   #6
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
hrm ...

What other mod(s) are you running?

<== Is running Titan Panel just fine, not sure what is causing your problem.
08-27-05, 12:01 PM   #7
Gello
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I also installed a couple of Titan addons in the same way. These are: TitanMoneyx, TitanRester, and TitanCombatInfo.
What you're seeing may possible if you install addons into the Titan directory instead of their own as they should be. Check to make sure your AddOns folder looks like:

Interface\
Interface\AddOns
Interface\AddOns\Titan
Interface\AddOns\Titan\Artwork
Interface\AddOns\TitanReset
Interface\AddOns\TitanCombatInfo
Interface\AddOns\TitanMoneyx

Titan lives and dies by its localization.lua. If any mod overwrites that then you'll get nil errors and empty strings all over the place.
08-27-05, 12:32 PM   #8
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
duh!

*smacks self on forehead*

Thanks Gello!
08-27-05, 12:50 PM   #9
I did no such thing. I installed the Titan addons in their own respective folders within Interface/Addons. I also removed them anyway to see if Titan worked alone - but it doesn't.
08-27-05, 02:00 PM   #10
Gello
A Molten Giant
Next thing I'd do is try removing the Titan mod and those plugins completely (while out of game or logged out to character select). Make sure there's no Titan directory at all and log in. Once logged in, log out and reinstall just Titan. I'd hold on installing the plugins until Titan is working fine.

The reason for the log in/out is because you may have bad settings data and the game will dutifully carry over the bad data if you install ontop of an existing titan. (Specifically if you log in with the .toc there)

Last edited by Gello : 08-27-05 at 02:05 PM.
08-27-05, 10:59 PM   #11
I removed Titan completely and then logged in. I closed the client and installed Titan again, and then logged back in. The bar is still invisible to begin with and after moving it to the bottom it still contains no information.
08-27-05, 11:03 PM   #12
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
How very very odd.
08-29-05, 01:06 AM   #13
Kuroki
A Kobold Labourer
I am getting this very same problem, my only guess is, titan doesn't work with private servers, and only with offical. If you find a way to get it working please do post.
08-29-05, 02:28 AM   #14
Gello
A Molten Giant
Yeah something is very wierd to make it behave like that

As a last ditch, I'd backup Interface, WTF and WDB folders, then delete them and try installing only Titan again. If that doesn't work then you're unlikely to get it to work at all without finding out what's different about your client than everyone else's.
05-28-06, 09:03 AM   #15
icerod
A Kobold Labourer
Hi Guys I have similar problem, teka a look on the pic, I tried all things but dun know what cold be wrong?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	imagem.JPG
Views:	628
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	704  

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Titan Bar graphics problem