01-11-15, 12:29 PM   #1
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver

Bug: Chatchannel max 10

Hi, for my hunter I have a wired problem with Channels for Zones have about 3 Channels im in alone after 30 min was in Nagrand, Sturmshield, and my Garrison, have to leave this channels to remove spam for channels

can only reproduce it on Hunter

Greetings Samyonair
11-21-15, 12:43 AM   #2
Bael
A Kobold Labourer
Exclamation You can only be in 10 channels at a time.

This keeps happening no matter what class I'm on.
Every time I move from zone to zone, Carbonite creates a new chat channel for the new zone without closing the previous one. Any time I take a flight path between two or more zones, I always get the

You can only be in 10 channels at a time.

spam, as the addon continuously attempts to create additional channels beyond the limit of ten. The first channel that seems to be used to create the others for some odd reason (if I delete that one, too, it stops creating channels altogether!) is CrbB1. This channel creates "Z" channels such as CrbZ321l1 or CrbZ945l1.
What it does with these channels I'm not sure, but it keeps attempting to make new ones for every new area without first leaving the channel it created for the previous area.
I find it amazing that it's still happening, as I am admittedly quite ignorant of the code used for this. For all I know, it could be some highly advanced technomologicalic computationizer programization of which I know almost nothing at all... and I've not looked at the code. Kinda figured I'd leave that to the smart guys out there.
11-21-15, 01:12 PM   #3
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Bael View Post
This keeps happening no matter what class I'm on.
Every time I move from zone to zone, Carbonite creates a new chat channel for the new zone without closing the previous one. Any time I take a flight path between two or more zones, I always get the

You can only be in 10 channels at a time.

spam, as the addon continuously attempts to create additional channels beyond the limit of ten. The first channel that seems to be used to create the others for some odd reason (if I delete that one, too, it stops creating channels altogether!) is CrbB1. This channel creates "Z" channels such as CrbZ321l1 or CrbZ945l1.
What it does with these channels I'm not sure, but it keeps attempting to make new ones for every new area without first leaving the channel it created for the previous area.
I find it amazing that it's still happening, as I am admittedly quite ignorant of the code used for this. For all I know, it could be some highly advanced technomologicalic computationizer programization of which I know almost nothing at all... and I've not looked at the code. Kinda figured I'd leave that to the smart guys out there.
Uncheck those two na reload:

11-26-15, 01:41 AM   #4
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Should be fixed now on the github, not sure why it stopped leaving channels but it's been added now to leave all other zone channels when joining a new one.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Social Module » Bug: Chatchannel max 10