12-11-09, 11:45 AM   #1
zigmund555
A Cliff Giant
Bossmods

Anyone have a sample bossmod they could share? Maybe something from TOC or Ulduar?

I've tried a few times to make them but for whatever reason they never work right. (Or does everyone just use BigWigs/DBM/DXE? )
12-13-09, 11:03 AM   #2
Elath
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I would be interested as well.
12-13-09, 08:45 PM   #3
Brainn
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
im currently working on some icc mods, most things seem to work good so far, i can upload them when im finished with adding some missing stuff and tested them on thuesday if that helps

// also have some stuff done for jaraxxus, valkyr twins and anub, somewhat working but needs some tweaking still, will post all that stuff tomorrow

Last edited by Brainn : 12-14-09 at 01:40 PM.
12-15-09, 04:04 AM   #4
Platykurtic
A Murloc Raider
Wow that'd be brilliant Brainn. I'd love to dump another add-on and use the OpenRDX boss mods (same guild as Zigmund555 BTW).
12-16-09, 06:23 PM   #5
Brainn
A Frostmaul Preserver
ok...
marrowgar, deathwhisper and saurfang should be working, gunship-battle needs some more work.

ToC mods are not yet in a releasable state.
up to now i used bigwigs, but the updates for icc were a little bit slow... if the next bosses are not updated faster ill most likely do more rdx-bossmods, otherwise i might switch back to bw.
ps: i hate dbm

recovery file atteached, you need to enable the package autoexec file.
Attached Files
File Type: lua RDX_Recovery.lua (26.2 KB, 676 views)
12-23-09, 04:42 AM   #6
horse21
An Aku'mai Servant
Hey Brainn,

I played around a little with creating a bossmod. It's loading into the bossmod window fine, it keeps track of it's health, keeps track of how long the fight lasts.

I'm testing on Tallhorn Stag in the Grizzly Hills. I added an 'Event: HP%', set it to trigger at 20%, and set the second number to 21. It sends a 'health_20' event. I have bound an 'Alert: CenterPopup' to the health_20 event. scheuled delay set to 0, I set the alert Text, total time (5), flash time(2), flash colors, a sound, and left the 'Secondary Quash Event' and 'Dispatch event on alert COMPLETION' blank. I left the other two check boxes at the bottom blank. I hit the Preview button, and the bar pops up, flashes, looks great. But when I fight a Tallhorn Stag, the bar does not come up when the mob drops below 20%. It doesn't pop up until it dies.

Any ideas on why this would happen?

Thank you!
12-23-09, 06:18 AM   #7
Brainn
A Frostmaul Preserver
Ok, i found the problem...
RDX\Bossmods\Bossmod_Events.lua, Line 473:
Code:
local hp = UnitHealth(trk:First());
it checks UnitHealth, the return-value is the absolute health in points, so if you set the event to fire at 20, it triggers when the mob has 20HP and not 20% HP.

replace this line with the following and it should work.
Code:
local hp = ((UnitHealth(trk:First()) / UnitHealthMax(trk:First())) * 100);
the UnitHealth() function was changed a while ago, cant remember what patch exactly it was, the one that allowed you to see the absolute unit-health without addons like mobhealth, before that change it should have worked the way it is in the code.
12-23-09, 08:35 PM   #8
horse21
An Aku'mai Servant
Worked like a charm! Thank you very much!
01-26-10, 07:38 PM   #9
horse21
An Aku'mai Servant
Did this happen to get integrated into the SVN? I tried it out again last night for the first time after updating to the latest version in the repository, and it seems to be back to tracking actual health rather than health %.

Or is tracking actual health the expected behavior?
01-27-10, 06:17 AM   #10
Brainn
A Frostmaul Preserver
seems like it did not get changed in the svn
with all those 10/25/nhc/hc encounters, tracking actual health would be pointless since it is different in every version, so we can only hope sigg reads this and adds it to the svn
since the event is named "HP%" checking for the percentage would be the thing that is expected...
01-27-10, 06:23 AM   #11
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
I will update SVN when get home.

Sigg
01-27-10, 04:10 PM   #12
horse21
An Aku'mai Servant
Thanks Sigg!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Community » OpenRDX: Community Chat » Bossmods