07-02-10, 10:15 PM   #1
wellbeing
A Cliff Giant
Question Aura Filter list from notepad?

Hey all..

Firstly, i'm new to RDX.. so keep that in mind.

I've made several windows with separate unitframes to place around my player unitframe for different types of buffs/debuffs.

that is.. i want to see my castable raid buffs in one buff window, important debuffs in the second buff window and all other buffs/debuffs in their own windows.

ive gotten that to work perfectly.

my new problem is.. i'd like to have a more efficient method of creating these lists. i understand the @magic command and can use that.. but that will result in dual reporting of buffs.. (ie kings will show up in the "raid buffs i can cast" window as well as in the "all other buffs" window) this leaves me to use the exclude command in the "all other buffs" window for each of the buffs that can be shown in the "raid buffs i can cast" window. tedious, indeed.

is it possible to import txt files as the aura filter lists for use in unitframes?

i understand that once i type out all the specific buffs and the exclude buffs for the filter lists one time, i wont have to do it again, and am not afraid to do that, however, i want to share this desktop with guildies and need to create filters for all other classes... and the buffs that they may consider priority. that could take a while if i have to type them in one by one instead of utilizing word processing.
07-03-10, 02:42 AM   #2
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
Hello

Open your Repository explorer.

Go to your package

Create one object aurafilter for your druid, edit it and add all the aura you need.
Create one object aurafilter for your priest, edit it and add all the aura you need.
Create one object aurafilter for you paladin etc ...

Now create a Symlink object
Select the class "CLASS"
Select the aura filter for each class.

In your unitframe layout, select the object symlink instead of the aurafilter as the external file filter

So depend of the class you are playing, the good aurafilter will be used.

Cheers
Sigg
07-03-10, 03:20 AM   #3
wellbeing
A Cliff Giant
Thanks Sigg! That is an excellent idea.

However.. my original question stands.. i have to make those lists for 5 different aura lists for each class. an aura filter list for each frame and excluding specific auras that will be included only in other frames.

I just did some paladin buffs, as an example:

there are 5 buff windows surrounding my player unitframe.

"raid buffs i can cast"
"priority buffs"
"priority debuffs"
"debuffs"
"buffs"

A visual: its essentially this..

‎‎‎‎ [Raid buffs i can cast]
‎‎‎‎-------------------
‎‎‎‎ l‎‎‎‎‎‎····Player Unit·······l‎‎‎‎ [Priority Buffs]
‎‎‎‎ l·····Frame············l‎‎‎‎ [Priority Debuffs]
‎‎‎‎-------------------
[buffs‎‎‎‎ ]
[Debuffs‎‎‎‎ ]

So...

a buff like kings.. its in an aurafilter list with all of my raid buffs as a paladin. I have that list being used in the "raid buffs i can cast" window/unitframe.

I dont want kings ALSO showing up on the "buffs" bar, so i have to hand type in [-Greater Blessing of Kings] and [-Blessing of Kings] in that window. The same goes for all my raid buffs, and for aurafilters for each class i could be playing, all of their raid buffs.

The same goes for priority buffs and also priority debuffs.

i dont want any double reporting. i want to see the ones i choose to see in the priority window/unitframe and never in the regular buff/debuff window/unitframe.

to achieve this with my current knowledge requires me to double enter each raid buff and each priority buff 2-4 times for each class. being that there are about 20-100 priority buffs that i want to see in the priority windows....depending on class... we are talking about a several hour text entry.

so.. to be clear with my question:

i want to be able to use a text editor like notepad to create my aura filter lists.. i can easily enter, copy and paste the lines exactly how they will be entered AND displayed in the aura filter window; then i can very easily modify them per class and save new copies for each. this would save me hours on this interface alone.. not to mention future usage.

it cant be that hard to manipulate it into reality, if it doesnt already exist..

anyone?
07-03-10, 06:06 AM   #4
Narinka
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Just make your sets then use them in one common set with conditions
Like set1 and set2 and not set3 etc..

I mean there should me more simple way to do what you want.
07-03-10, 10:30 AM   #5
wellbeing
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Narinka View Post
Just make your sets then use them in one common set with conditions
Like set1 and set2 and not set3 etc..

I mean there should me more simple way to do what you want.

This sounds promising.. how do i define an aura list within an aura list? (and furthermore [ NOT] auralist.)

is that what you mean? or is there more to it?
07-03-10, 03:39 PM   #6
unlimit
Lookin' Good

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You do not define an auralist within an auralist, you define a set (or sort that links to a set) which further defines a file link.

Unitframe > Unitinset (or sort) > (if sort; sort by what you'd like then link to file:set) > Aura1 Yes, Aura2 Yes, Aura3 NO.

Confusing when I explain it like this, but it's just to show how it jumps,

kúdan: im playing pantheon
JRCapablanca: no youre not
** Pantheon has been Banned. **
07-03-10, 04:51 PM   #7
wellbeing
A Cliff Giant
ok, so i've got my unitinsort set up in the unitframe.

its calling to my pallybuff_sort which is [file] linked to the pallybuff_set that i created (which calls to the pallybuffs_af aurafilter list that i created) and then sorted alphabetically. hah.

now.. how can i get the Aura Icons feature to use that sort instead of an aura filter file?
07-03-10, 05:11 PM   #8
Narinka
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
I'm afraid aura icons or bars will not work in this case.. my bad. Not sure then.

What unlimit and sigg explain is a bit another thing.. using this method you can autoswitch you aura icons (aurafilters) depending on your class, but not to build some exclusive lists.
07-04-10, 03:25 AM   #9
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
It is not possible to copy past text in the aurafilter editor.

may be in the future.
07-04-10, 12:12 PM   #10
wellbeing
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by sigg View Post
It is not possible to copy past text in the aurafilter editor.

may be in the future.
I'm thinking it may be more functional to allow the aurafilter to call to filtersets or sorts.

although you still have to manually enter the auras in the filterset, anyway.. just not over and over like is necessary to create unique aurafilters per class.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Community » OpenRDX: Community Chat » Aura Filter list from notepad?