03-10-08, 02:43 PM   #1
excal
A Defias Bandit
2 set of UIs for 2 different screen resolution?

I am a university student, and I move around my home and my residence pretty frequently, once a week or so, but the monitor i use at home is an older 4:3 monitor where as the one i use in res is a new 16:9. This creates a huge problem whenever I try to use more customized UIs.

I was wondering if there's any way to solve this problem...or if it's feasible to simple copy/paste of WoW folder have 1 folder for widescreen and the other for normal...
03-10-08, 06:46 PM   #2
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If your truly dead set on using one ui look for everything but cant find one that has support for various resolutions, my suggestion would be to install it on both machines then adjust the one that isnt directly supported.

I do the same thing at my house since my wife uses an older monitor with much lower resolutions. Since the layouts are stored locally (with the exception i believe being what items are placed on which buttons) so long as you dont move your buttons around alot you should be ok and not drive yourself insane.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
03-11-08, 02:46 PM   #3
excal
A Defias Bandit
What I meant was, this is the same machine. WoW readjust itself (which is fine, and good) when I switch resolutions between monitors.
03-11-08, 05:26 PM   #4
Fashionabull
A Cliff Giant

You could make 2 WTF folders. just name them "WTF-home"/"WTF-residence". Then when you are at whichever place, just rename it to "WTF", while you are there. When you switch places, just rename the old one and change the new one to "WTF".

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » 2 set of UIs for 2 different screen resolution?