10-21-11, 03:39 PM   #21
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Think most of my interface pictures are of rogues ;D I got 2 85 rogues a 81 and a 47 rogue. They are my favorite class by far.Though I might try monk just so i have the option of tanking. ESPECIALLY since achievements seem to be cross characters now. Leveling up with DD and Light of Dawn? Win.

Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
You be rogue?! Why am I surprised? All the coolest people are rogues

Aggro Color to KG Panels Borders - Nibelheim
Lua Based UI Hider - Nibelheim
Custom LUA PowerText - Stuf - Nibelheim, Seerah
10-21-11, 03:45 PM   #22
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Lily.Petal View Post
Think most of my interface pictures are of rogues ;D I got 2 85 rogues a 81 and a 47 rogue. They are my favorite class by far.Though I might try monk just so i have the option of tanking. ESPECIALLY since achievements seem to be cross characters now. Leveling up with DD and Light of Dawn? Win.
Aye, was thinking of Monk as well. Hopefully the pet system isn't too involved, I never liked pets
10-21-11, 03:50 PM   #23
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

I collect them as I go, xD few here and there. Just waiting on the new talent tree for rogues to be released.

Can't wait. But overall my right side of my brain is screaming GO MONK LILY and my left is going might as well, you get all your hard earned achievements anyways!

Though, starting at level one is the only thing making me think twice. If it was 55 like a hero class, definitely I would do it. Either way I'll have all my BoA's ready. Blood Elf Monk ;D how amazing is that?

Aye, was thinking of Monk as well. Hopefully the pet system isn't too involved, I never liked pets

10-21-11, 06:35 PM   #24
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Totems aren't gone but the buff totems are. They wanted you to feel like you don't *have* to put down mana tide, etc. totems or be a totem buff whore for your raid. They added a couple new totems and some really cool totem mechanics at the lvl 90 talents to choose from.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-21-11, 06:37 PM   #25
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Gees. With the amount of UI changes, it might be time for me to stop UI work.
10-21-11, 07:31 PM   #26
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I don't mind them encapsulating features from the "competition" since I absolutely like what they're doing.

Talking about things like:
- PvE scenarios + no role trinity required = directly out of GW2 announced features.
- No auto-attacks for new class = also lifted off GW2 announced features.

I just hope these do make it to live and don't end up as a marketing ploy only to be scrapped on the road to production (like path of the titans for example)
with whatever weak excuse.

My paranoia aside I'm pretty excited about what I see
10-21-11, 07:56 PM   #27
Vlad
A Molten Giant

I've never been directly against any XP-pack and I am not against MoP either, but I must admit that the "wow this is cool" factor is very low for me, I guess just monks and pandas don't appeal to me -not to mention I kind of miss being given a whole new continent of many zones to explore, I like that, I am born explorer. :P

I guess one cool thing is the DOTA BG, now I won't get my hopes up because I know they show a lot to hype the game but at release some announcements always are removed. Dancing and vashjir raid comes to mind... anyway, I am not too excited, I don't feel this to be as fun as the other once.
10-21-11, 08:04 PM   #28
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The Dungeon Challenges look like it would add a lot more competitiveness and teamwork to it

(and also make addons that track that kind of stuff obsolete)

熊猫人给力!!Pandaren FTW~~
10-21-11, 08:26 PM   #29
Be3f.
A Theradrim Guardian

Pokémon, gotta catch 'em all
10-21-11, 08:26 PM   #30
Coote
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Totems aren't gone but the buff totems are. They wanted you to feel like you don't *have* to put down mana tide, etc. totems or be a totem buff whore for your raid. They added a couple new totems and some really cool totem mechanics at the lvl 90 talents to choose from.
True, but removing the buff totems, and replacing them with utility totems will ruin the entire feel of the class. One thing I love about Shamans is being surrounded by my totems.

Originally Posted by Ketho View Post
(and also make addons that track that kind of stuff obsolete)
I doubt it. There will definitely be addons that track it, and/or display it far better than the default interface will. =P

"This is the fifteen-thousandth four hundredth and ninety-eighth occurence".
10-21-11, 09:08 PM   #31
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Vladinator View Post
I've never been directly against any XP-pack and I am not against MoP either, but I must admit that the "wow this is cool" factor is very low for me, I guess just monks and pandas don't appeal to me -not to mention I kind of miss being given a whole new continent of many zones to explore, I like that, I am born explorer. :P
The "wow" factor is definitely there for me. And not just for the new race/class. The talent system overhaul looks real promising, too. And you are being given a whole new continent of many zones to explore. There are 5 new zones on the island continent and they're HUGE.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-21-11, 09:25 PM   #32
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The new talent system is somewhat limited I think and there's hints developers know it.
(I'll try to justify that statement a bit further down)

What we have here is actually a meta-talent system.

I explain myself.
The exercise for players will not be "which spec is better for the job",
leading usually to a cookie-cutter spec with essential talents for prot, prot-pvp, dps, raid-heal etc and a few "floater" points.

Instead for min-maxers (and you can bet this will trickle down to the masses) you'll have 5-4 variations to a theme and swap talents per boss (or maybe even per pull).
At least that's what the "changing talents on the fly will be as fast and easy as changing glyphs is now" tells me.

I'm not entirely sure how this will pan out in terms of fluidity and immersion.
I fear it may turn out with unanticipated effects in actual (ab)use.

Last edited by Dridzt : 10-21-11 at 09:51 PM.
10-22-11, 02:31 AM   #33
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

Actually, there still is Tank Healing and DPS still, the no role thing was just for the scenarios. And to be honest, I believe most of these new updates were Influenced by Guild Wars and Diablo3 (not lifted off). The only class with no auto attack is the monk. Their entire Talent system is directly influenced by their Diablo3 Set up.

Path of the Titans got removed because it couldn't work. At all sadly.

Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
I don't mind them encapsulating features from the "competition" since I absolutely like what they're doing.

Talking about things like:
- PvE scenarios + no role trinity required = directly out of GW2 announced features.
- No auto-attacks for new class = also lifted off GW2 announced features.

I just hope these do make it to live and don't end up as a marketing ploy only to be scrapped on the road to production (like path of the titans for example)
with whatever weak excuse.

My paranoia aside I'm pretty excited about what I see
The panda model I am not happy about, I thought it was going to be similiar to the panda monk pet :< But the monk class OMFG Can you Say Draenei Monk? It's the closest to ever playing a rogue for that class, and I can work on the rogue offset gear from instances for them. And the Island basically isa continent, it's huge, something close to Northrend Size.

They needed to give the "War between the Factions" attention. We've been at this war for ever with no real given thought for it. Hopefully PvP will be given a huge look at, and make PvP a huge part of the expansion.

Originally Posted by Vladinator View Post

I guess one cool thing is the DOTA BG, now I won't get my hopes up because I know they show a lot to hype the game but at release some announcements always are removed. Dancing and vashjir raid comes to mind... anyway, I am not too excited, I don't feel this to be as fun as the other once.
The totems needed to be reworked. They were very clunky, especially in PvP. They needed a chance. Totems aren't really removed, but they have been remade to be used as utility.
Originally Posted by TMcMahon51 View Post
True, but removing the buff totems, and replacing them with utility totems will ruin the entire feel of the class. One thing I love about Shamans is being surrounded by my totems.

I doubt it. There will definitely be addons that track it, and/or display it far better than the default interface will. =P
The WOW factor is definately there for me. I didn't have any hype for cata at all. I just cross my fingers and hope models will be reworked as well for characters sooner or later as well. Granted, I'm not happy about 'another' island type continent like northrend, But I really can't wait.

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
The "wow" factor is definitely there for me. And not just for the new race/class. The talent system overhaul looks real promising, too. And you are being given a whole new continent of many zones to explore. There are 5 new zones on the island continent and they're HUGE.

10-22-11, 02:50 AM   #34
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Hmm, read the small print for the Annual Pass, must be a resident of USA, New Zealand etc .. No mention of UK. Free Diablo game will be as per your country settings. Erm what if I want to play the US version like I do WoW. Oh well, guess I just wait for it to come out like normal.

But definitely sounds good. Have 7 85s at the moment so will give me the opportunity to have fun with those again getting them to 90.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
10-22-11, 02:50 AM   #35
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Their continuation of McQueues for all the content is a bit of a downer, and their new design of easy+quick heroics. I may have to find an MMO more catered towards my now somewhat outdated tastes >.<

Free Diablo game will be as per your country settings. Erm what if I want to play the US version like I do WoW.
I wonder if it will be like their Australian setup, where you can still choose to play on US realms. Though it's unlikely

Very Much so! I WANT THE CE EDITION OMGZ
Can I be there when you get it? I want to see you... unwrap it

I feel I've put too much negativity into this thread. Time to balance it out.

Cookies!!

Last edited by Nibelheim : 10-22-11 at 03:05 AM.
10-22-11, 02:54 AM   #36
Rilgamon
Premium Member

Premium Member
We're lazy, most of us. That means the majority will end up with "only" 6 talent points spent and never change it again.
Now my warrior tank has all the selfhealing points and even glyphed it. With 5.0 I have to chose one of the three ...

For a new char you have to "wait" weeks before you can spend a new point.
I fear that this will lead to less new chars and (even more) empty starting zones after the initial hype.

I kind of like the idea but I dont like what it means for wow ... we're moving again farther away from a roleplay game. I personally LOVE spending my points and it gives me a feeling of choice and that I formed this char.

They add a new tank/healer so I really am looking forward to it ... but not that exited
10-22-11, 03:22 AM   #37
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

LOL! Sure why not xD
For you Australians, can't really help you, but I wouldn't mind quick difficult dungeons. But that's what the challenging mode is for right? Is it going to be Normal > Heroic > Challenging? I'm not to sure. I hope this might be the set up.

Their continuation of McQueues for all the content is a bit of a downer, and their new design of easy+quick heroics. I may have to find an MMO more catered towards my now somewhat outdated tastes >.<

I wonder if it will be like their Australian setup, where you can still choose to play on US realms. Though it's unlikely

Can I be there when you get it? I want to see you... unwrap it

I feel I've put too much negativity into this thread. Time to balance it out.

Cookies!!
You get all your class/spec abilities as you level up though. The talents sound amazing... but every 15 levels for a major talent might scare me a bit. Monk tank and dps <3

Originally Posted by Rilgamon View Post
We're lazy, most of us. That means the majority will end up with "only" 6 talent points spent and never change it again.
Now my warrior tank has all the selfhealing points and even glyphed it. With 5.0 I have to chose one of the three ...

For a new char you have to "wait" weeks before you can spend a new point.
I fear that this will lead to less new chars and (even more) empty starting zones after the initial hype.

I kind of like the idea but I dont like what it means for wow ... we're moving again farther away from a roleplay game. I personally LOVE spending my points and it gives me a feeling of choice and that I formed this char.

They add a new tank/healer so I really am looking forward to it ... but not that exited

10-22-11, 06:37 AM   #38
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

New race and class sound kinda meh, but I am excited about the hunter changes. Maybe I'll give this expansion a try.

Anyone know if you can register for beta if your account is frozen?
10-22-11, 06:38 AM   #39
Phanx
Cat.

Half of that stuff sounds like an April Fools joke, and the other half sounds like they're changing or removing anything remotely hard, complicated, inconvenient, time-consuming, or otherwise not conducive to mindless instant gratification. I've already quit raiding, and only log on for a few hours once a week. From the look of things, I don't see myself buying the next expansion, or probably playing at all once it comes out. If I wanted to play something with pandas and duelling mini-pets, I'd just play Pokemon, or download some virtual pet app on my phone, or play some zoo game on Facebook.
10-22-11, 07:01 AM   #40
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

No idea, the No range weapons for melee/casters and no melee weapon for hunters sounds interesting I suppose. I know I am doingthe Annual idea so I can get a free Beta invite and free DiabloIII game. Regardless I am still going to buy the CE box for DIII, it's to sexy not to buy it. Just like the Baldurs Gate II CE nom nom.

Originally Posted by haylie View Post
New race and class sound kinda meh, but I am excited about the hunter changes. Maybe I'll give this expansion a try.

Anyone know if you can register for beta if your account is frozen?
All I got to say: Draenei Monk combination. Or Even Blood Elf Monk. It's... to amazing.
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Half of that stuff sounds like an April Fools joke, and the other half sounds like they're changing or removing anything remotely hard, complicated, inconvenient, time-consuming, or otherwise not conducive to mindless instant gratification. I've already quit raiding, and only log on for a few hours once a week. From the look of things, I don't see myself buying the next expansion, or probably playing at all once it comes out. If I wanted to play something with pandas and duelling mini-pets, I'd just play Pokemon, or download some virtual pet app on my phone, or play some zoo game on Facebook.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » So, Next Expansion Enthusiasm?