07-28-11, 05:58 AM   #1
sconley
An Aku'mai Servant
Disable Carbonite Quest Tracker

Is there a way to disable the Carbonite Qust Tracker and use the standard Blizzard one instead?

07-30-11, 06:29 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Open Carbonites options (type "/carb options" in chat, right click the Carbonite minimap button and choose "Options" in the menu, right click a non-icon area of any Carbonite map and choose "Options" in the menu) to the "Quest Watch" page and, basically, make sure everything on that page is UNchecked, except the top two options which are "Hide" and "Lock". After doing that, open Blizzards options to the "Objectives" page ("ESC > Interface > Objectives) and check the options you would like to use.

One thing about this, though: If you disable the Carbonite Quest Watch, I don't think you will get the colored areas on the Carbonite map denoting where you have to go to accomplish the quests, and I believe the Carbonite HUD will cease to function for quests. It might still work for gather routing, but I'm just not sure.

I'm wondering if there is something in particular about the quest watch that you don't like, or would like to change.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

10-11-11, 12:02 PM   #3
mji1965
A Murloc Raider
disabling quest watch

I was looking to do the same thing. My issue is that I use Dugi guides to help me with leveling and he has introduced some new features that are not compatable with carbonite. One is incorporating the quest list into his framework. Since his update has come out I have been playing with carbonite off to take advantage of the new features but have missed some of carbonites other features like quest completion announcements. Just trying to find a way to have my cake and eat it too I guess.

10-19-11, 01:55 PM   #4
Xavier78
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Open Carbonites options (type "/carb options" in chat, right click the Carbonite minimap button and choose "Options" in the menu, right click a non-icon area of any Carbonite map and choose "Options" in the menu) to the "Quest Watch" page and, basically, make sure everything on that page is UNchecked, except the top two options which are "Hide" and "Lock". After doing that, open Blizzards options to the "Objectives" page ("ESC > Interface > Objectives) and check the options you would like to use.

One thing about this, though: If you disable the Carbonite Quest Watch, I don't think you will get the colored areas on the Carbonite map denoting where you have to go to accomplish the quests, and I believe the Carbonite HUD will cease to function for quests. It might still work for gather routing, but I'm just not sure.

I'm wondering if there is something in particular about the quest watch that you don't like, or would like to change.
This doesn't reset the quest watcher to default. I have been trying to figure this out for awhile now. It's the only thing I dislike about Carbonite. That window hurts my eyes. I really want the default back.

10-19-11, 08:47 PM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Xavier78 View Post
This doesn't reset the quest watcher to default. I have been trying to figure this out for awhile now. It's the only thing I dislike about Carbonite. That window hurts my eyes. I really want the default back.
Which default: Blizzards default or Carbonites default?

Just out of curiosity, what is it about Carbonites Quest Watch widow that "That window hurts my eyes."? By default, Carbonites windows are two shades of gray (light for the frames and dark for the background) with a off-white border for unlocked windows. Here's a screen shot after I reset my Carbonite colors to "default":
Click image for larger version

Name:	Carb-Default skin.jpg
Views:	1254
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	6552 (Click for larger image: 1000 x 625)

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

10-26-11, 02:02 AM   #6
Xavier78
A Defias Bandit
I stand corrected. That did indeed reset the window back. No idea what I did wrong the first few times, but after trying again everything seems fine now. My apologize.

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Just out of curiosity, what is it about Carbonites Quest Watch widow that "That window hurts my eyes."?
I hope I didn't offend by that comment. It wasn't intended that way. Between the colors and the size I just don't like that window (I know I can re-size it but my screen can only handle so much without blocking my view). I much prefer the default window. I can't explain why really.

10-26-11, 09:30 AM   #7
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Xavier78 View Post
I stand corrected. That did indeed reset the window back. No idea what I did wrong the first few times, but after trying again everything seems fine now. My apologize.

I hope I didn't offend by that comment. It wasn't intended that way. Between the colors and the size I just don't like that window (I know I can re-size it but my screen can only handle so much without blocking my view). I much prefer the default window. I can't explain why really.
No offense taken. I was just curious about your statement.

You can make any of Carbonites windows as transparent as you want to make them and you can easily change the color scheme to just about anything you want.

Personally, I keep my quest watch near the top center of my screen (and locked), have it set to use a "fixed size window", is always minimized unless I want to check what's next on the list, and everything is transparent (except the colored buttons on the header) unless moused over. All easily done in Carbonites options window along with adjustments you can make in the quest watch menu that you get from right clicking the unlocked Quest Watch window header.

Please click the images for a larger version (may open in a new browser window or tab).

My UI:Click image for larger version

Name:	QWw-Full-minimized.jpg
Views:	536
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	6559 Minimized mouse over:Click image for larger version

Name:	QWw-MouseOver-minimized.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	6560
Maximized mouse over:Click image for larger version

Name:	QWw-MouseOver-Maximized.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	6561 Maximized NO mouse over:Click image for larger version

Name:	QWw-NOMouseOver-Maximized.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	6562
Quest Watch right-click menu:Click image for larger version

Name:	QW-Menu.jpg
Views:	522
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	6563

I highly suggest you go to your "Path to your WoW folder\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\" folder and read the "CarboniteReadMe" plain text file. It will explain a lot about what Carbonite does and how to set it up.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 10-26-11 at 09:33 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Disable Carbonite Quest Tracker