08-13-08, 01:45 AM   #441
Drianna
A Fallenroot Satyr

Great idea about the proposed new HUD functionality. Personally I think i would prefer to see beta 2 released first then have that in an other release just we can get our hands on your masterpiece.

Great work

/dri

08-13-08, 02:01 AM   #442
gothicknight
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
So is there a rough ETA on when you will be puttin us all out of our misery and letting us try this Masterpiece. I check this forum evry 30mins-1hr hoping to here something

Love the pics of the new. Looks great.

08-13-08, 04:20 AM   #443
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by gothicknight View Post
So is there a rough ETA on when you will be puttin us all out of our misery and letting us try this Masterpiece. I check this forum evry 30mins-1hr hoping to here something

Love the pics of the new. Looks great.
~lol~

I have been killing bugs all day today. I've finally gotten to a place where I'm spending more time fixing bugs than creating them ~grin~ I still don't have an eta, but soon. Things are starting to move very quickly now.

Here's a screencap from where I'm leaving off tonight... looks like auras are working right, casting bars are working right, etc. I'm pretty comfortable that the unit frames are getting stable, so I can focus on the other key elements and get the release out. But the end of the week for sure... hopefully sooner.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EotS_Party.jpg
Views:	717
Size:	693.8 KB
ID:	1834  

08-13-08, 04:21 AM   #444
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by psirontech View Post
I have a toon I've been playing a while but the chat panel doesn't seat itself properly in the ui.

AS a test, I created a new toon...Lo and Behold, it was in the right spot.

No idea what's causing it or how to fix it. If I move, size, and lock the panel manually, the scroll buttons are always visible (They are not when using my new test toon).

I've attached a screenie, hope it helps. As oyu can see, the map is in the wrong place as well (also in the correct place on a new toon)

Love the UI. Hope I can get this fixed. Thanks!
Psirontech -- Have you tried deleting your SavedVariables nUI.lua file? I can't help but wonder, though, if it isn't something about your other addons/wtf files on the old toon that's interfering.

Last edited by spiel2001 : 08-13-08 at 04:27 AM.

08-13-08, 04:40 AM   #445
noble8
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Also in the interface options, go to social and uncheck simple chat.

08-13-08, 04:52 AM   #446
Seer
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
The thought occurred to me, what about adding a button in the space below the micro-menu you saw in the last screencaps for selecting a HUD the same what you select unit panels and info panels?

Thoughts?

Worth it?
giving users more options to change the default layout by just clicking a button (instead of a config panel with a million pages) is prefered untill a time comes there are to many options to click through.. IE, 5 different huds is doable, 50 a nightmare. So, it depends. Offcourse if the user can install more HUDs or other components then the amount of stuff to click through is the problem of the user.

Worth it.. Well, your call I'd say. If it's an hour worth of coding time or is it going to take 2 weeks ?

08-13-08, 07:13 AM   #447
psirontech
A Defias Bandit
Psirontech -- Have you tried deleting your SavedVariables nUI.lua file? I can't help but wonder, though, if it isn't something about your other addons/wtf files on the old toon that's interfering.
Fixed it.

Odd though.

First, before installing the mod, I deleted all other mods, the WDB folder in Cache and the Accounts folder in Config. (Effectively "starting from scratch")

That's why I found it so odd. Turns out a simply "/nui rl" loaded everything properly. It is odd because (I would think) "/nui rl" would simply bring it back to it's original state which is where I would think, on a clean install, it would start...

I still have the original untouched zip of the "nui" folder. I'll go through the process again to see if I can recreate the issue. It's not a major one, but a PITA for a first-time user.

Excellent UI, can't wait to see where it goes from here.

Best wishes.

08-13-08, 09:24 AM   #448
blackfirefox
An Aku'mai Servant

Well.. okay... maybe that's overstating things a bit. ~grin~

I did, however, have an idea that I thought worth sharing and seeing what the community's opinion on it was. (not that I think I don't already know)

I've already done all of the core logic for having switchable unit panels and switchable info panels and all of the core logic that's required to "read" a skin for unit panels. The thought occurred to me, what about adding a button in the space below the micro-menu you saw in the last screencaps for selecting a HUD the same what you select unit panels and info panels?

This would make it possible to skin HUDs the same way you can skin unit panels and people could create the type of HUD they like with the content in it they liked, etc.

Thoughts?

Worth it?
I think it's worth it. Having custom HUD for raids and Solo would be great, I am learning to raid so I would love to change my layout for the hud to see other features.

Stop killin bugs, the splat all over and make a mess...ishy!

08-13-08, 07:33 PM   #449
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Exclamation First peek at the 10 player raid panel (proposed)

Well...

The panel switching is done and I've been testing all day without and unit errors... so I think I'm ready to put the missing pieces back in a do the first release. I'm not sure... probably take me a couple of days to put all the bells and whistles back in, so I'm going to shoot for a release on Friday night or Saturday unless I hit another snag.

In the meantime, I took the time to lay out and test my idea for a 10 player raid panel. Have a look at it and let me know what you think.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Raid10_1a.jpg
Views:	770
Size:	616.8 KB
ID:	1835  Click image for larger version

Name:	Raid10_1b.jpg
Views:	777
Size:	792.7 KB
ID:	1836  Click image for larger version

Name:	Raid10_1c.jpg
Views:	769
Size:	266.5 KB
ID:	1837  

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

08-13-08, 08:04 PM   #450
gothicknight
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Very nice Spiel. I like alot. One question though. Will there be an option to see total amounts of health for all unit frames instead of percentages?

Also will u be adding, at some stage, options for optional dependicies in the way of the following libraries:
LibHealComm 3.0-Keeps track of healing spells cast by everyone in a group.
LibQuickhealth 1.0-Attempts to get around the 0.3sec health update throttle from the server by getting data more often in the combatlog.
LibMobhealth 4.0-Estimates a mob's health.\
LibResComm 1.0-Keeps track of resurrection spells cast in the raid group.

Like i said these could be optional, meaning the are NOT required to make your UI work but could add a bit more functionality to it for those who have the libraries. Would be nice if u could add support for libs at some stage, but meh, i can live without them

Thanx for your hardwork and your Raid frames look awsome. Very easy to read adn work out.

08-13-08, 11:25 PM   #451
iljott
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Hi Spiel - excellent job with the party and raid frames! I'm looking forward to your release soon.

One thing which might improve the raid and party frames even further is the class colouring - for example, priests are coloured white, warriors are brown, rogues yellow, hunters green, mages blue, etc... I think this would help certain classes out in raids and groups since just by looking at the colours, one would know who's who & what.

This would tie in nicely with the chat pane colouring which if I recall was mentioned a while ago in this thread (sort of like Prat has).

Anyway, I hope you'll take the above into consideration, but nonetheless you've done a great job!

08-14-08, 12:10 AM   #452
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by iljott View Post
Hi Spiel - excellent job with the party and raid frames! I'm looking forward to your release soon.
Thank you.

One thing which might improve the raid and party frames even further is the class colouring - for example, priests are coloured white, warriors are brown, rogues yellow, hunters green, mages blue, etc... I think this would help certain classes out in raids and groups since just by looking at the colours, one would know who's who & what.
~lol~

You know what... they ARE supposed to be colored by class and I didn't even realize they weren't. Oops. ~sheepish grin~

08-14-08, 12:17 AM   #453
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by gothicknight View Post
Very nice Spiel. I like alot. One question though. Will there be an option to see total amounts of health for all unit frames instead of percentages?
Total health as in maximum or remaining health?

The remaining health IS shown on the raid and party frames both as a percentage and as an actual figure. I do not show maximum health in the unit frame as that's kind of a waste of space. If your party member is at 100% then their current health is their maximum health. In any event, since percent health and current health are both in the frame, I'm not sure what it is that you're asking for.

Also will u be adding, at some stage, options for optional dependicies in the way of the following libraries:
LibHealComm 3.0-Keeps track of healing spells cast by everyone in a group.
LibQuickhealth 1.0-Attempts to get around the 0.3sec health update throttle from the server by getting data more often in the combatlog.
LibMobhealth 4.0-Estimates a mob's health.\
LibResComm 1.0-Keeps track of resurrection spells cast in the raid group.
I already support MobInfo2, as you know, and I will be adding support for MobHealth for sure. The others I'm not sure yet. Beta 2 is already tracking a lot so some of those functionalities might end up actually being built into nUI as opposed to an outside library... the problem with libraries is keeping them current and users not being even aware they could have them. In any event... I'll deal with that after I get things settled back down.

Thanx for your hardwork and your Raid frames look awsome. Very easy to read adn work out.
I'm glad to hear it... I was a little nervous that I was going to hear screams of agony like I did with the first couple of passes at a unit frame design. ~lol~

08-14-08, 05:47 AM   #454
gothicknight
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Thanx for the reply

Yeah wat i ment by the health as a total number is the reaming. instead of it being % i could see that actual amount of health e.g 7568/10000 for and example or even just the amount remaing.

The reason i ask is when i heal i have gotten used to seeing the actual numbers instead of % ( i did try just using % at one stage and failed miserably)

But either way thanx again. and i hope i am not going over board with the feature requests

08-14-08, 06:40 AM   #455
noble8
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Loving it.

08-14-08, 08:36 AM   #456
Jungleanimal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

There were no screams of agony from me. I really, really like that 10 man layout. It is SO much better than the currently posted version of nUI. When things slow down after release and you get back to a squashing bugs mode don't forget to fix the current threat bar issue in the HUD (it just plain old disappears sometimes in combat). At that point I could use the bottom right for any number of things I want to see instead of omen and still have access to all pertinent raid member info right in front of my face. Awesome. I can't wait to try it out.

Jungle

08-14-08, 08:48 AM   #457
Jungleanimal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
You know what I just thought of as well after looking at the screen shot was that the actual description of the "Player Buffs" and "Target Debuffs" above the icons was VERY helpful for organizing the buttons in my mind. Sometimes in raids I target something and see a bunch of icons on my screen but I forget which ones are which (mine, targets, ToT's etc.)

What if you were to put a small, maybe even transparent, (of course make it so it can toggle for the minimalist among us) description right above them in the frame so that in the heat of the moment and things are popping everywhere an inexperienced user of nUI will know exactly why 15 debuff icons just popped up and that they are in fact debuffs. I know that was confusing for me at first and still a bit confusing these days. I'm not sure where my targets debuffs end and friendly buffs begin sometimes. Just a thought.

To take it a step further if there is room to put a small "Player" "Target" "Focus" in the frame it would further help with descriptions of what is on the screen in combat. That may be asking a bit much because I know space is tight but keep in mind I like lots of simple to see ...info on my screen, not a blank screen and two buttons like some people seem to like. lol.

Jungle

08-14-08, 08:56 AM   #458
Jungleanimal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Also, I second the 9721/11235 HP and mana request. It is very nice to see the total numbers of someones character easily so you can judge their level of gear etc. It sometimes makes the difference on whether I attack an ally that doesn't know I'm hovering around or just move on. Haha! However, if that info is in the HUD it is fine with me as well.

Jungle

08-14-08, 11:32 AM   #459
saanlem
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Looking very good!

I am talking out of turn here, most probably. I caution on trying to add too much to your UI (ala Mazzle).
Otherwise, this is an excellent effort.

08-14-08, 12:05 PM   #460
t_storm
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by iljott View Post

This would tie in nicely with the chat pane colouring which if I recall was mentioned a while ago in this thread (sort of like Prat has).

I love the unit frames but unfortunately my prat is broken and can't seem to get no one to help me fix it and the thing I'm missing the most is the coloring of class names in chat ie....Trade Chat. everyone's the same color and I hate it. I've checked all the settings and I've deleted out the wtf files but still it reverts back to the same thing OMG....Please Please Please put this feature into your UI!!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement