07-26-08, 05:29 AM   #1
ChriaraCass
A Defias Bandit
Multi Mob Threat Watcher for Tanks

Hi

A friend (a tank) and I discussed an idea for an addon to assist tanks during multi mob pulls in instances. The addon would list each mob in the pull during combat and tell the tank when they have reached enough threat on each mob to safely move onto the next.

The addon would measure the threat being gained per mob by the rest of the party (dps and healers) on the fly and compare it to your own threat (the tank).

Depending on the outcome of that comparison the addon would change how it display the mob (with {square} or whatever marker was assigned) visually:

Outcome 1:
If the tanks threat exceeds that the rest of the party and it is projected that the mob will die based on the current dps before the tank looses threat the bar could become green. The tank does not need to build more threat on this target.

Outcome 2:
If the tanks threat exceeds that the rest of the party but if the tank stopped increasing threat and the dps continued to increase threat at the current rate, the bar could display orange. The tank must continue to build threat on this target.

Outcome 3:
If the tank does not have the highest threat on the mob currently. The bar should be red and somehow indicate which party member has been targeted. Ideally it would show the class of that player and not just their name. The tank must build threat on this mob immediately.

I imagine most of this functionality already exists in threat watchers like Omen. However, this addon is about comparing threat between the tank and everyone else, calculating how much threat is required so that the tank can stop building threat long before the mob dies, and visually representing which mobs require the tank's attention for threat building.

Anyway... just an idea
07-26-08, 05:36 AM   #2
Mera
Retired of WoW, In ESO :)

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
could be a feature to add to Omen so, you could chat on that with Antiarc on the freenode irc network, room #wowace. He's the actual master of the threat
Mera[xeh]? - La CroisadeEcarlate (wow)
07-27-08, 08:13 AM   #3
blackpandemic
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
This is an okay idea but in terms of multi-mob threat you really can't just hit one until it's ok and move on. If they're marked (which they should be) you need to open up with the usual high threat intro but then just tab/click around and hit them with something else. Sooner or later one will move on (especially if AE is used) but usually a TC or a quick Taunt will get it back. I think this is more of a practice being a good tank thing than a situation where you need more bars to look at :P

Omen does have a mode that shows your current threat on all targets (I think it's called Healer mode) which may do what you want.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Multi Mob Threat Watcher for Tanks