12-14-14, 12:29 AM   #821
Aalwein
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I noticed today that the bonus objectives section doesn't show a timer for things like the garrison invasions. During the second phase there is a timed "holdout" event and the timer shows up in the bonus objectives in the default quest tracker.

12-14-14, 01:28 AM   #822
Ghosthree3
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
I'm running through Lich King quests and a lot of them have the incorrect areas marked - though not all. Is it likely the data for these quests is just wrong or is there some other issue?

EDIT: A lot is probably over stating it, it's just a few - so far.

EDIT2: I'm aware this isn't really the thread for it, but could you slap on a lock option for the arrow? I dunno if I keep accidentally moving it during combat or what, but sometimes it goes completely off screen and I have to reset Carbonite entirely. That and accidentally moving it regularly is annoying.

EDIT3: Like just now, boom, arrow gone, have to reset the whole thing.

Last edited by Ghosthree3 : 12-14-14 at 04:15 AM.

12-14-14, 04:13 AM   #823
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
So I just loaded the Q91-100 databases, and they do seem to work well but the first thing I noticed is that it only has the first objective(s) filled out, so all the quests with more then 1 objective have red circles for anything past the first one.

Great job so far tho guys.
Rythal thats wowheads db... they dont have cords for those objectives... If they udpate then i will update too.

And thats was what i mean previous... if there is one objective from wowheads db and other is not in it we could use some fallback function that will show them using Blizz quests, as it is when this quest is not in QuestX-X.lua file. But i dont know if its possible.

Last edited by ircdirk : 12-14-14 at 04:21 AM.

12-14-14, 04:19 AM   #824
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Ghosthree3 View Post
I'm running through Lich King quests and a lot of them have the incorrect areas marked - though not all. Is it likely the data for these quests is just wrong or is there some other issue?

EDIT: A lot is probably over stating it, it's just a few - so far.

EDIT2: I'm aware this isn't really the thread for it, but could you slap on a lock option for the arrow? I dunno if I keep accidentally moving it during combat or what, but sometimes it goes completely off screen and I have to reset Carbonite entirely. That and accidentally moving it regularly is annoying.

EDIT3: Like just now, boom, arrow gone, have to reset the whole thing.
We have to test this, can u point those quests? One reason of this is that this quest are not updated i think. We have to redo those files becouse many quest from 0-85 have changed since WOTLK.

12-14-14, 04:53 AM   #825
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver

Some Parts of Italian Language now in thanks to ThorwaldOdin, and from fix tonight by rythal locales updated

greetings Samyonair

12-14-14, 05:05 AM   #826
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver

DB for Quests

Had a look about database and quests found that the curse/mmo-champion database has objectives for all questparts as I've seen so far. Would it be possible to pull data from this DB?

Greetings Samyonair

12-14-14, 05:37 AM   #827
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by samyonair View Post
Had a look about database and quests found that the curse/mmo-champion database has objectives for all questparts as I've seen so far. Would it be possible to pull data from this DB?

Greetings Samyonair
Objectives are not the problem, the problem is that they dont have coord for those objectives.

See this quest:

http://www.wowdb.com/quests/34422-blaze-of-glory
http://www.wowhead.com/quest=34422

There is objective there, but he is not on the map... thats the same problem with others. The databases are pretty the same everywere.

12-14-14, 05:48 AM   #828
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver

Ok now understand the Problem thought the Problem was Quests more then one objective are missing

12-14-14, 05:49 AM   #829
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Ok now understand the Problem thought the Problem was Quests more then one objective are missing
Some quest are not yet in db since i dont know some areas realmapids... Which quest are u talking about?

12-14-14, 06:09 AM   #830
Ghosthree3
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by ircdirk View Post
We have to test this, can u point those quests? One reason of this is that this quest are not updated i think. We have to redo those files becouse many quest from 0-85 have changed since WOTLK.
There were a few, I cannot remember them all, here's one that was a bit messed up.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=12821/opening-the-backdoor
Carbonite pointed in the wrong direction for both objectives, had to go to wowhead - above link - to find proper coords.

If it's as simple as the data being outdated from quest changes, is it possible to do a complete re-mining of wowhead and get the data all over again then replace the existing stuff? That'd get everything up to date, including Pandaria which was missing a few weeks back and I don't believe anyone has tackled yet.

12-14-14, 06:23 AM   #831
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Ghosthree3 View Post
There were a few, I cannot remember them all, here's one that was a bit messed up.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=12821/opening-the-backdoor
Carbonite pointed in the wrong direction for both objectives, had to go to wowhead - above link - to find proper coords.

If it's as simple as the data being outdated from quest changes, is it possible to do a complete re-mining of wowhead and get the data all over again then replace the existing stuff? That'd get everything up to date, including Pandaria which was missing a few weeks back and I don't believe anyone has tackled yet.
86-90 and 91-100 quest ware added to Carb database. Pandaria is there

I wil redo the old quest.

Last edited by ircdirk : 12-14-14 at 06:49 AM.

12-14-14, 06:50 AM   #832
Ghosthree3
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
I think this has been posted, but to be sure, setting a goto point in another zone - I'm currently in Northrend, can't recall if it's the same in Draenor - it sets the point at the edge of the zone you are currently in.

EDIT: Just had this appear in the chat box, which led to the below error when clicked.

"Warning only: Swatter found blocked actions: [AddOn: Carbonite]"

I'm aware that Swatter is another addon, but I'm pretty sure it just caught the error so I could see it, it didn't have anything to do with the error itself.

Code:
Date: 2014-12-15 00:07:27
ID: 1
Error occured in: AddOn: Carbonite
Count: 3
Message: Note: AddOn Carbonite attempted to call a protected function (<unnamed>:SetPoint()) during combat lockdown.
Debug:
   [C]: SetPoint()
   Carbonite\NxUI.lua:1817: Adjust()
   Carbonite\NxUI.lua:3013:
      Carbonite\NxUI.lua:2965
Locals:
None
AddOns:
  List of addons I have on that probably aren't relevant. Can attach if necessary.
EDIT: This just popped up again, right after "Quest Accepted: Reclamation". The other time was right after a quest accepted too I believe.

Last edited by Ghosthree3 : 12-14-14 at 07:59 AM.

12-14-14, 07:20 AM   #833
nelegalno2
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Submitted a pull request:
white space cleanup
Added Tarren Mill vs Southshore localization
DE, ES & RU translations updated - please verify changes & update files

12-14-14, 07:22 AM   #834
Ghosthree3
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Show Custom Icons on the minimap is still making stuff stick when it shouldn't. Eg. A quest area is 'shaded in', you complete the quest, it stays shaded in until you reload the game/zone. It's not cleaning up stuff properly when it's on, disabling it makes everything work normally except the stuff that actually requires it to be on.

12-14-14, 07:50 AM   #835
nelegalno2
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Seems there is a problem with the Quests91-100.lua file (on character load):
ERROR #134 (0x85100086) Fatal condition!
LUA PANIC: unprotected error in call to Lua API (memory allocation error: block too big)
The problem appears in https://github.com/Rythal/Carbonite/...ebc680e59d37ac and I don't see any problem in the code.

If I remove the quests data from the Quests91-100.lua file it load fine, if I replace the Nx.ModQuests data with the one from Quests86-90.lua (about 2.5 times bigger) it loads fine.

I also tried removing the empty Objectives fields but it didn't help:
Code:
		Objectives = {
			[1] = {
			 },
		},

Also clicking on the Weekly Tracker button I get this error:

Error occured in: Global
attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
Debug:
[C]: ?
Carbonite\NxUI.lua:3418: SetType()
Carbonite\NxUI.lua:5568: Update()
Carbonite.Weekly\NxWeekly.lua:537: Update()
Carbonite.Weekly\NxWeekly.lua:458: Create()
Carbonite.Weekly\NxWeekly.lua:469: ToggleShow()
Carbonite.Weekly\NxWeekly.lua:719: func()
Carbonite\NxUI.lua:6917: UserFunc()
Carbonite\NxUI.lua:3587:
Carbonite\NxUI.lua:3571

Last edited by nelegalno2 : 12-14-14 at 08:47 AM.

12-14-14, 08:49 AM   #836
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver

Nelegalno which language you load with the addon it could be a bug from my fixes for that

greetings Samyonair

all with the same error I need your language version

12-14-14, 08:51 AM   #837
nelegalno2
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Nelegalno which language you load with the addon it could be a bug from my fixes for that

greetings Samyonair

all with the same error I need your language version
I'm guessing enUS, Config.wtf values:
textLocale "enUS"
installLocale "enGB"
At first I also thought it might be a change in the translation files but going back version by version I found that https://github.com/Rythal/Carbonite/...e5534a85c1b043 version works fine and the problems start in https://github.com/Rythal/Carbonite/...ebc680e59d37ac, currently I'm using the latest (https://github.com/Rythal/Carbonite/...ee009e78e7f1f8) with the empty Quests91-100.lua file and it works fine.

Last edited by nelegalno2 : 12-14-14 at 09:02 AM.

12-14-14, 08:54 AM   #838
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by nelegalno2 View Post
Seems there is a problem with the Quests91-100.lua file (on character load):

The problem appears in https://github.com/Rythal/Carbonite/...ebc680e59d37ac and I don't see any problem in the code.

If I remove the quests data from the Quests91-100.lua file it load fine, if I replace the Nx.ModQuests data with the one from Quests86-90.lua (about 2.5 times bigger) it loads fine.

I also tried removing the empty Objectives fields but it didn't help:
Code:
		Objectives = {
			[1] = {
			 },
		},

Also clicking on the Weekly Tracker button I get this error:
Thats not from quests files, those files load fine. Using them 3 days no problems. Weird.

Ohhh... i didnt saw this Rythal commit https://github.com/Rythal/Carbonite/...ebc680e59d37ac this might changed something...

Last edited by ircdirk : 12-14-14 at 09:00 AM.

12-14-14, 08:55 AM   #839
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver

then I don't understand the failure, because in my german files are no problems

only found a little failure because of a false lettercode for a german "ü"

Greetings Samyonair

12-14-14, 09:06 AM   #840
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by nelegalno2 View Post
At first I also thought it might be a change in the translation files but going back version by version I found that https://github.com/Rythal/Carbonite/...e5534a85c1b043 version works fine and the problems start in https://github.com/Rythal/Carbonite/...ebc680e59d37ac, currently I'm using the latest (https://github.com/Rythal/Carbonite/...ee009e78e7f1f8) with the empty Quests91-100.lua file and it works fine.
Maybe to many data is loading at one time? Since if u disable Quests91-100.lua it works fine. Maybe there is some limit memory -> "memory allocation error: block too big" ?

Last edited by ircdirk : 12-14-14 at 09:09 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » WOD/Pre-patch