08-16-07, 12:02 AM   #1
killainstnct
A Kobold Labourer
Notepad In Game

Some Sort Of Notepad Inside The Game so i can remember Mats for Things my guildies can make me, and so on.

Unless theres already one....
08-16-07, 12:06 AM   #2
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
TinyPad... and I think Omnibus from wowace.com

08-16-07, 09:46 PM   #3
Ev_
An Aku'mai Servant
NotesUNeed is fantastic. You can create general notes, or tag a player/NPC/mob/item with a note so every time you see it the tooltip is flagged with a note. You can pin up notes on the screen for a constant reminder, and automatically tag certain things. I'd suggest checking it out.
08-17-07, 07:03 AM   #4
Tenson
A Fallenroot Satyr
I'm looking at similar things, too.

I tried to use Omnibus, but have no idea how to set it up, and there wasn't much description.

What I'd like to use in Notepad in game:

1. The ability to store items by either their ID or direct item info. For example, if someone link an item, I should be able to alt-click and add it to the NotePad, so that when I open it up later, I can either mouseover for tooltips or click it as if I'm clicking on the item link itself. I'm assuming this mod will have to store item ID

2. To share info among all characters (on the same server)

3. To announce such item ID or at least re-link it. I know this is possible because many mods allow re-link of the item by shift-clicking to add to chat

4. To add info about trade skill recipes the same way it is linked in chat (i.e. clicking on it brings up tooltip that shows materials). Again, I know this is possible because crafting mods can provide that.

Any suggestions?
02-11-08, 03:43 PM   #5
Tenson
A Fallenroot Satyr
I'm looking for the notepad in-game, too

So here's what I've tried:

1. Omnibus (wowace.com) - very simple notepad, too simple that I don't know what I should do with it.

2. TinyPad (curse-gaming) - very nice notepad mod, but does not store item id or recipes.

3. NotesUNeed (wowinterface.com) - very rich notes mod; lets you alt-click (default key bind, can be changed) and add item/recipe to notes. BUT, when I retrieve the note later, it won't let me click-link the item/recipe. Instead, I had to click on the "link item to chat" feature to link it, and then it prints out ALL the links I've saved, and not in any chat channel (it became a system message w/ click-link that you can then shift-click to send in chat).

Perhaps I should ask NotesUNeed authors to add a feature to store links and then allow them to be click-linked (instead of running script), but if there're other mods out there that does the same thing, please let me know.

I currently use ProfessionLink for browsing recipe/mats need (powerful search too).

Thanks.
02-11-08, 03:50 PM   #6
mozulo
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Tenson View Post
3. NotesUNeed (wowinterface.com) - very rich notes mod; lets you alt-click (default key bind, can be changed) and add item/recipe to notes. BUT, when I retrieve the note later, it won't let me click-link the item/recipe. Instead, I had to click on the "link item to chat" feature to link it, and then it prints out ALL the links I've saved, and not in any chat channel (it became a system message w/ click-link that you can then shift-click to send in chat).

Perhaps I should ask NotesUNeed authors to add a feature to store links and then allow them to be click-linked (instead of running script), but if there're other mods out there that does the same thing, please let me know.
Yes i would like somethink like this for use with alch so i dont have to make new notes every time i put WTS into trade.

let me know if you ask the author i will also add a comment.

02-11-08, 08:46 PM   #7
tralkar
An Onyxian Warder

Do what i do, get a pen and pad.. Now keep it next to your computer..

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Notepad In Game