View Poll Results: Your thoughts on if this is a useful idea
Sounds useful 4 66.67%
Why bother... just type or make a macro 2 33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

08-15-07, 12:06 PM   #1
Wowgamer233
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Announcing crowd control intentions

Well, I'm at work killing time between projects and eating lunch and I'm thinking about a mod that would be nice if it existed. I could do all this with macros but macro space is finite.

(I've attached a jpg called CC Planner.jpg at the end of this post as a mock up)

Imagine a small draggable set of buttons that allows you to perform a click response to a raid leader saying to you "Priest Mightyhealer, shackle star." or if raidicons are not being used and named instead then "Priest Mightyhealer, shackle undead pally on left.".

The idea I am thinking of would be a way of quickly responding to that without having to reply over vent (some leaders hate that as 25 voice responses gets really confusing).

So, the CC buttons for a priest would be something like... (along with the text that is reported in RAID / Party / Say, etc). The %t would obviously be the target.

[Shak] - I will be shackling %t
[MC] - I will be mind controlling %t

I wonder if it would also be possible to determine if it had a raid icon and also report that ? i.e.

[Shak] - I will be shackling %t (Marked as yellow diamond)
[MC] - I will be mind controlling %t (Marked as blue square)

or (if not marked)

[Shak] - I will be shackling %t (Currently without raid marking)
[MC] - I will be mind controlling %t (Currently without raid marking)

Yes I realise that the above is stunningly simple via a macro...

/s I will be shackling %t

and

/s I will be mind controlling %t

etc

For a mage the mod would show a mage's CC options...

[CC] - I will be crowd controlling %t (Marked as yellow diamond)

For a warloc

[Seduce] - I will be seducing %t (Marked as orange circle)
[Banish] - I will be banishing %t (Marked as orange circle)
[Chain Fear] - I will be chain fearing %t (Marked as orange circle)

You get the idea...

Oh, another thought... when I press the button to tell the raid that I will be shackling my target maybe also (should be optionally) send a whisper to tell people that they are targetting my target.

The point to all of the above is to provide a consistent way of reporting back full understanding of how things will play out and to avoid mistakes on sheeping dotted mobs, etc.

I have several mods that will announce when I am casting things (CastYeller) so people know when I am casting shackle, sheep, etc. The point is that if there has been a mistake in communication then the pull starts with potentially the wrong play.

So, anyone up for the challenge ?

Thanks in advance...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CC Planner.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	1367  

Last edited by Wowgamer233 : 08-15-07 at 12:42 PM.
08-16-07, 09:34 PM   #2
Ermintrude
A Murloc Raider
Hmm another good addition to this would be a report that could go to the raid leader that showed who broke a cc. Obviously this would need a bit of fine tuning as the cc has to be broken eventually, but if there is someone consistently breakign a cc then it would provide the info so they could be spoken with. In a 5-man and 10-man it isn't that difficult, but in a 25-man it is easy to be the culprit and hide in the masses.
08-17-07, 07:11 AM   #3
Tenson
A Fallenroot Satyr
  • Add CC for: Hunters (trap), Rogues (sap), Druids (sleep)
  • Add party/raid support, i.e. automatically announces in party/raid/say/yell (configurable). Anyone can use /rw in party so add that, and Raid leaders/Raid Assists can use /rw so add that as well
  • Announce when CC failed (I know this is somewhat possible because Warriors have mods that said that mobs resisted taunt)
08-17-07, 09:09 AM   #4
Wowgamer233
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Focused intent

Originally Posted by Tenson
  • Add CC for: Hunters (trap), Rogues (sap), Druids (sleep)
  • Add party/raid support, i.e. automatically announces in party/raid/say/yell (configurable). Anyone can use /rw in party so add that, and Raid leaders/Raid Assists can use /rw so add that as well
  • Announce when CC failed (I know this is somewhat possible because Warriors have mods that said that mobs resisted taunt)
Cool ideas...

The only item I'd suggest not go in this (as yet completely non-existent and theoretical add-on) is the "Announce when CC failed" as the quite excellent CastYeller (ACE2 addon) does this job perfectly.

I'm hoping the intent of my original suggestion of just announcing intentions to confirm understanding back to the raid leader / group leader can be the core of this addon. When in combat there are many other mods that already announce CC failures, breaks, etc.

Last edited by Wowgamer233 : 08-17-07 at 09:12 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Idea for a mod...