06-28-07, 10:58 AM   #1
Tenson
A Fallenroot Satyr
Buff/Debuff on Unit Frames

Hi,

Is there a mod that allows me to define the icon size of a particular buff (in my example, Lifebloom) so that when it counts down, I can keep track of it easier?

By that I mean, other buffs can be of a uniform size (for example icon size of 16) and I can choose to enlarge the icons for Lifebloom to 22.

I currently use PitBull for unitframes, and it has very nice spiral count down of the buff's duration, similar to that of button cool downs.

What I'd like to know is if there's a mod (stand alone or unitframe) that would allow me to specify one spell (buff/debuff) icon size to extra large, while others remain the same.

Thanks for your help.
06-28-07, 11:33 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Granted, this will not hook into PitBull, and is bars instead of icons, but.... Have you taken a look at the new ElkBuffBars? You can set it up however you like and have different groupings of buffs/debuffs to your choosing, based on whitelists and/or blacklists. I've been playing with it recently and currently have a buff group that only shows my Ice Block in a larger bar set over my head - so I can click it off if I need to.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-28-07, 11:45 AM   #3
Tenson
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Seerah
Granted, this will not hook into PitBull, and is bars instead of icons, but.... Have you taken a look at the new ElkBuffBars? You can set it up however you like and have different groupings of buffs/debuffs to your choosing, based on whitelists and/or blacklists. I've been playing with it recently and currently have a buff group that only shows my Ice Block in a larger bar set over my head - so I can click it off if I need to.
I use ElkBuffBars, but I believe the description is for Self, Target and Focus only.

What I'm looking for is something that attaches to the unit frame (all unit frame mods allows showing of buff/debuffs, and most of them allows changing the size), with the ability to adjust 1 icon size that is different than others.

A similar concept is TrinityBars, where you can adjust any button with any size, independent of other buttons/bars.

However, if there is a stand-alone mod that deals with unit buff/debuffs, I'd like to check it out, too. Something I can think of is SmartBuff, though I'm not sure if it's icon based.

I did look into Healbot, but I don't think it shows buffs.

Another idea that I have is to use Grid, and have the center icon as "Lifebloom", but I don't think it has a clockwise swipe action for cool down (duration). I think it blinks as active.

Although Tenson is a mage, I do have a restoration druid and would like to see that kind of feature on some mods.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Buff/Debuff on Unit Frames