03-13-06, 06:36 PM   #1
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Cirk's Blessings (beta)

For discussion and feedback on the beta releases of Blessings. Discussion on released versions can be found here.

Current beta version
Blessings v1.9.3beta.

Beta download page:
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4709

Currently identified bugs
None.

-- Cirk of Doomhammer

Last edited by Cairenn : 03-13-06 at 06:41 PM. Reason: added the download link for you - Cair
03-14-06, 03:02 AM   #2
servantes
A Kobold Labourer
Hi, love this mod. Great work.

One suggestion: Is it possible to make the minimap button be the Cast Blessings button when you click on it, and right-click will show the options?
03-16-06, 03:55 AM   #3
katana
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by servantes
Hi, love this mod. Great work.

One suggestion: Is it possible to make the minimap button be the Cast Blessings button when you click on it, and right-click will show the options?
I like this one !
03-22-06, 03:45 PM   #4
katana
A Cyclonian

There seem to be a bug in the latest beta (french localized) regarding Greater blessings. They're not cast, as far as I'm concerned...

I've double checked my symbol of kings count, the translation for the reagent... nothing seems to be wrong
03-22-06, 04:08 PM   #5
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by katana
There seem to be a bug in the latest beta (french localized) regarding Greater blessings. They're not cast, as far as I'm concerned...

I've double checked my symbol of kings count, the translation for the reagent... nothing seems to be wrong
Hi katana, hmmm, that is odd, I can't think of anything that changed in the beta release related to this, apart of course from the localization changes.

Could you do the same change to Blessings.lua that I suggested to Farook and test it out? That is, change line 1023 from:
Code:
    return symbolCount;
to:
Code:
    ChatFrame1:AddMessage("DEBUG: symbolCount is "..symbolCount.." for name "..symbolName);
    return symbolCount;
(i.e., add the ChatFrame1 line just above the return statement).

That will let you to see how many Symbols of Kings that Blessings thinks you actually have. It should print that DEBUG message out to your general chat window whenever you start a new blessings sequence, even if you are just soloing.

Cheers
-- Cirk
03-23-06, 03:08 AM   #6
katana
A Cyclonian

Sure, I'll try that ASAP. It's really too bad, I had to bless my raid manually yesterday, I was all confused
03-23-06, 05:59 AM   #7
katana
A Cyclonian

Okay, errare humanum est, I still don't understand how my symbols translation could be wrong but... it was. Bloody capital R.

I'm attaching the fixed version...

By the way, there is no warning displayed when your symbol of kings stock runs low is there ? It would be great
Attached Files
File Type: zip localization.fr.zip (3.5 KB, 222 views)
04-20-06, 02:35 PM   #8
Buttercup
A Kobold Labourer
question/suggestion

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what I want to do is not possible. I appologize if this isn't the right place to post this....

I'm a pretty new level 60 pally on Draka and I was looking for a mod that let me bless the entire raid with one button. I've tried several and yours is the most straight forward since all I want it to do is bless.

Here is what I want to do:
My roll is to bless Greater Might and Greater Wisdom, other pallys do other buffs.
I set up the mod to bless by class and always use greater buff in raid as well as buff pvp.
I bound a key to Bless.
I want to bless melee with gbom and everyone else with gbow before the first pull, and then anytime they are about to expire (but haven't yet) while there is brief downtime between pulls.

Here is what happens:
On the first buff, everyone receives the correct blessing but I end up blessing some classes that have multiple members (say for example 3 mages, one in group 1, one in group 3 and one in group 4) individually. I expected to use 8 symbols, 1 for each class (pally/war/rog/hunt/lock/mage/priest/druid) but I end up using 10-11 to bless everyone. Also some of the players seemed to receive lesser blessings. All players in the raid are level 60.

On later buff cycles when I try to rebuff before the current ones expire I get mesages that it won't recast because there is already a buff present. Is there a way to override that?

I'm currently using 1.9.2 and it's the first version I have tried. I'm not sure if the first problem I described is just something I'm doing wrong or a bug in that version. The second problem seems to be a limitation of the mod. Please correct me if I am not understanding the functionality correctly.

Thanks for any help you can offer and great work!

Last edited by Buttercup : 04-20-06 at 06:52 PM.
04-30-06, 06:04 AM   #9
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Buttercup
Here is what happens:
On the first buff, everyone receives the correct blessing but I end up blessing some classes that have multiple members (say for example 3 mages, one in group 1, one in group 3 and one in group 4) individually. I expected to use 8 symbols, 1 for each class (pally/war/rog/hunt/lock/mage/priest/druid) but I end up using 10-11 to bless everyone. Also some of the players seemed to receive lesser blessings. All players in the raid are level 60.
Hmmm, it should only be using 8 (one for each class, as you noted). Any players who were out of range and didn't receive the greater blessing will be given the normal (5 minute) blessing instead when they do come into range until the "cooldown" on the greater blessings has expired (this is so that Blessings doesn't chew through your Symbols too fast, which is why it should definitely be stopping at 8 symbols).

Pets (if you have Pets enabled) are always given only the normal blessings.

On later buff cycles when I try to rebuff before the current ones expire I get mesages that it won't recast because there is already a buff present. Is there a way to override that?
If you press the Reset button in the UI (or use /bless reset) it will cause Blessings to "forget" everything it knows about blessing durations, etc., and will reset the "cooldown" on greater blessings so you can recast them even if you only cast them all a couple of minutes ago. (I typically do this when I want to re-bless the raid before a boss pull even if the existing blessings still have a lot of time remaining).

I'm currently using 1.9.2 and it's the first version I have tried. I'm not sure if the first problem I described is just something I'm doing wrong or a bug in that version. The second problem seems to be a limitation of the mod. Please correct me if I am not understanding the functionality correctly.
1.9.2 (and 1.9.3beta here) should do what you need, and don't have any blessings related bugs that I know of (yet ).

Hope that helps some
-- Cirk
05-01-06, 05:44 PM   #10
BigFire
A Defias Bandit
Right now, if the class desinated person in my buff list came back from being resurrected, the mod will not be casting the greater blessing version of the buff, but the nominal one. Is there a way for me to just overwrite the checking for the most efficient blessing and just cast greater blessing without check?

At the start of boss fight, we often just go ahead and rebuff everyone. Having multiple people getting the non-greater blessing is rather inconvient. As it stands, I bless the whole raid by sorting the raid window into class, and do click & bless by class.
05-07-06, 09:20 PM   #11
SyrinxPriest
A Fallenroot Satyr

Is it by design or is it a bug that when playing solo and using your addon, the warning message/sound does not play when my buff runs out??
05-09-06, 02:41 AM   #12
katana
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by BigFire
Right now, if the class desinated person in my buff list came back from being resurrected, the mod will not be casting the greater blessing version of the buff, but the nominal one. Is there a way for me to just overwrite the checking for the most efficient blessing and just cast greater blessing without check?

At the start of boss fight, we often just go ahead and rebuff everyone. Having multiple people getting the non-greater blessing is rather inconvient. As it stands, I bless the whole raid by sorting the raid window into class, and do click & bless by class.
We get that a lot thanks to our good friend Lag. As far as I've seen, reseting the blessings list works fine, it casts the greater version after that.
06-12-06, 10:28 PM   #13
Super_Sushi
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by SyrinxPriest
Is it by design or is it a bug that when playing solo and using your addon, the warning message/sound does not play when my buff runs out??

I have noticed this also, really wish it would work while soloing too.
06-13-06, 02:28 AM   #14
katana
A Cyclonian

I have noticed these days that it is quite common after a wipe that the addon casts standard blessings instead of superior... it would really be great if the source of that bug could be found ^^

By the way a small suggestion, if Cirk's still following what's going on here: as a pally I have to switch buffs between raids, but it doesn't change a lot (wisdom on everyone but rogues / warriors, might on warriors / rogues, or kings on everyone...). Don't you think it would be handy to be able to save buff profiles ?
06-22-06, 10:43 AM   #15
cmanfsu
A Defias Bandit
I haven't been able to use Cirk's Blessings since the 1.11 patch. I miss it already. Is there going to be a 1.11 update soon?
06-22-06, 12:35 PM   #16
SyrinxPriest
A Fallenroot Satyr

I've been using it. Seems to work fine except for a LUA error message on loadin and some of the buttons on the config screen are missing their text.
06-24-06, 05:23 PM   #17
SyrinxPriest
A Fallenroot Satyr

Are there gonna be any updates to this mod? This is a sweet mod, would hate to see it go by the wayside.

Loadin error message:
Interface\AddOns\Blessings\Blessings.lua:2702: attempt to index global 'BlessingsOptionsCloseHighlightText' (a nil value)

Buffs expire in group error message:
Interface\AddOns\Blessings\Blessings.lua:955: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'UIERRORS_HOLD_TIME' (a nil value)

The last error will not go away unless you log. Running 1.9.3Beta as well.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Alpha/Beta AddOns and Compilations » Cirk's Blessings (beta)