02-25-10, 12:41 PM   #21
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Especially if you support mouse wheel scrolling which I *think* it does.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

02-25-10, 01:14 PM   #22
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I should hope so seeing as that is how I have been testing the scrolling all these months :P

02-25-10, 02:57 PM   #23
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Well, finally managed to get the test server up and running. Here's the new revised blizzard quest watch frame in action.

The drop down menu is shown when you right click the Objectives heading which also shows the total count of items being tracked. The new option element to widen the frame widens the frame immediately. So, the two screens show the two widths and the full height in normal blizzard UI.

Now to see how nUI works with it and then how my scrolling watch frame does
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_022510_204920.jpg
Views:	1068
Size:	182.4 KB
ID:	4002  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_022510_205033.jpg
Views:	1071
Size:	189.0 KB
ID:	4003  

02-25-10, 03:11 PM   #24
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Hmm, well looks like the new changes may kill my addon until I see what they changed.

The good news is that if the frame is docked into an infopanel it works fine barring the right click menu.

And even better news is that nUI's control over the watch frame is still fine.

So, no 1 problem is finding out what they have done to make it not work as it isn't causing an error. It just doesn't do what it is supposed to.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_022510_210104.jpg
Views:	1050
Size:	222.0 KB
ID:	4004  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_022510_210201.jpg
Views:	1055
Size:	206.8 KB
ID:	4005  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_022510_210721.jpg
Views:	1043
Size:	228.1 KB
ID:	4006  

02-25-10, 03:19 PM   #25
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Okay, spotted something else that might be pointing to what the problem is outside of the infopanel.

Notice how changing the option changes the watch frame width even in the infopanel but not when it isn't as the old screenshot shows. So, the question is, what have they done to break it without kicking out errors ?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_022510_211431.jpg
Views:	1064
Size:	223.2 KB
ID:	4007  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_022510_211435.jpg
Views:	1038
Size:	226.6 KB
ID:	4008  

02-25-10, 09:02 PM   #26
Nightmare_Lord
A Cliff Giant

hmm. have no clue your screenshot 3 on post talking about it breaking your addon shows it works fine maybe? I mean your scrollbar can be seen yes but the bar itself is hiden which is cool. only problem is the end of the scrollbar was showing and it looked ugly seeing a random square(end of the scrollbar) sitting on the screen. lol

I have faith you figure it out.

thanks I totally forgot about /swf scroll

my current setting are now non-docked
Height 662, width 375, scroll 500 and bar is hiding, when I get more quest I will see if it bring the bar back.

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Hmm, well looks like the new changes may kill my addon until I see what they changed.

The good news is that if the frame is docked into an infopanel it works fine barring the right click menu.

And even better news is that nUI's control over the watch frame is still fine.

So, no 1 problem is finding out what they have done to make it not work as it isn't causing an error. It just doesn't do what it is supposed to.

Last edited by Nightmare_Lord : 02-25-10 at 09:25 PM.

02-25-10, 09:08 PM   #27
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Ah, think I need to explain further on the images.

Image 1 is my Addon running outside of the infopanel. The collapse/expand button isn't accessible and the scroll bar should be hidden but it isn't. Only happens on the test server so the changes in the test server are breaking my addon for non infopanel users.

Image 2 is my addon running in an infopanel. Works as expected.

Image 3 is the Blizzard tracker running with nUI's existing control active and still working on the test server.

But thanks for the vote of confidence. I probably will figure it out once I get hold of the watchframe.lua blizzard changes so I can see how that needs to be reflected in my code.

02-26-10, 04:35 PM   #28
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Oh, and nightmare if you haven't gone back to Who Framed Watcher Wabbit addon page since your last post I added the code fragment that is needed for it to work with nUI. I'll leave the choice up to you to use it or not though

Adding more quests with the settings you have shouldn't make it appear as the scrollbar is based on the size difference of height and scroll. If you track more than the space available it just doesn't show the extra quests. But then you can always increased those two values making sure to keep that same less than/more than difference there.

If you find you need more height space that can be arranged. I thought 800 height max and 600 width max would be plenty for most screens allowing extra room for those people with bigger monitors.

02-26-10, 06:40 PM   #29
Nightmare_Lord
A Cliff Giant

yeah I have a 22' lCD so it fine for now. Nah on the other addon it was nice but I like yours and since you use NUI yours is made for it feature.

I have there saved if I ever need it, but for now I am good.

01-25-11, 02:16 PM   #30
Delacya
A Kobold Labourer
Just a heads up, this plugin currently pushes the quest objectives pannel almost entirely off of the screen (at the bottom) and removes the ability to move the objectives frame. I went through and tried the /nui minimap suggestions and turning off the questing addon I have, as well as all the other nui plugins I have. The only way (for my addon-dumb self) to fix this at the moment that I know of is to turn off the minimap Info panel plugin (which I love, thanks for making the plugin xD). =/

01-25-11, 05:11 PM   #31
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Delacya View Post
Just a heads up, this plugin currently pushes the quest objectives pannel almost entirely off of the screen (at the bottom) and removes the ability to move the objectives frame. I went through and tried the /nui minimap suggestions and turning off the questing addon I have, as well as all the other nui plugins I have. The only way (for my addon-dumb self) to fix this at the moment that I know of is to turn off the minimap Info panel plugin (which I love, thanks for making the plugin xD). =/
Hmm, are you saying that my quest plugin is not working properly ? If so , what exactly is it doing ? What was the other quest addon you were using. Perhaps a screenshot to show us what you mean.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Customization » nUI: Plugin Support » NUI Minimap Quest Objectives Bug?