04-13-07, 11:32 AM   #361
FTY
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Cladhaire
Just download the new version, and don't change anything.
Oh now I feel stupid for not checking for new versions, anyway you're the man! Thank you very much.
04-19-07, 09:24 PM   #362
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Uploaded a new version:

Main notes:

* Fixed the /praid unlock issue
* You can enable/disable frames using the raid frame editor, using the button I added
* Mana bar option, in-game. Rock out with your.. mana out.

Code:
2007-04-20 [r101-102]  jnwhiteh:

* trunk/PerfectRaid_Buffs.lua, trunk/Babelfish.lua,
	  trunk/Localization.enUS.lua: * Added Lifebloom to the default
	  druid buffs

* trunk/Localization.enUS.lua, trunk/PerfectRaid_Frames.lua,
	  trunk/Dongle.lua, trunk/PerfectRaid.lua: * Added a button to
	  disable raid frames on the raid frame tab. * You can hide and
	  show the frames from this screen, and only the events for shown
	  frames should be processed * There is a slider to change the
	  manabar height on the raid frame editor. * Mana bars default to
	  0, which is hidden.

2007-04-20 [r100]  jnwhiteh:

* trunk/PerfectRaid_Options.lua: * Anchor the slash command
	  patterns so we can /praid unlock again =)

2007-04-14 [r97-99]  jnwhiteh:

* trunk/PerfectRaid.lua: * Fix to the SV conversion, if sv.global
	  doesn't exist

* trunk/PerfectRaid_Buffs.lua: * Fix an issue where a debuff
	  doesn't have a type

* trunk/Dongle.lua: * Dongle-1.0

2007-04-11 [r96]  jnwhiteh:

* trunk/PerfectRaid.lua: * Added a saved-variable conveersion
	  script due to changes in Dongle.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
04-21-07, 09:10 AM   #363
Vilkku
An Aku'mai Servant

I'm fairly new to Perfect Raid (I haven't actually raided with it yet, but it seems awesome and I'm looking forward to raid with it soon), so my questions might seem a bit strange, but I'll ask them anyway. Here it goes:

Group numbers? Is it possible to get a number showing what group the persons are in?

Class/group filtering? Would it be possible to change how the group/class system like this: To show all groups and all classes you have to select to show Group 1, Group 2... and Warrior, Priest... (at the moment you can just select all classes but leave groups unselected and it will show all groups). Doing it this way means that you have greater control over who to display. For example you can select Warrior and Hunter and Group 1 and Group 3, and it will show only the warriors and hunters from group 1 and 3 (perhaps split the options into groups and classes to make it easier to understand if you chose to include my idea). Also, what does the party-option do?

If these are already present in Perfect Raid, please tell me how to access them
04-21-07, 09:46 AM   #364
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Vilkku[b
Group numbers?[/b] Is it possible to get a number showing what group the persons are in?
No, not directly. You can create a frame that is filtered on each class, or everything, and then grouped by classes

Class/group filtering? Would it be possible to change how the group/class system like this: To show all groups and all classes you have to select to show Group 1, Group 2... and Warrior, Priest... (at the moment you can just select all classes but leave groups unselected and it will show all groups). Doing it this way means that you have greater control over who to display. For example you can select Warrior and Hunter and Group 1 and Group 3, and it will show only the warriors and hunters from group 1 and 3 (perhaps split the options into groups and classes to make it easier to understand if you chose to include my idea). Also, what does the party-option do?
A.) the party option does nothign at the moment
B.) What you're asking for is the "Make filters strict" option. Filters are inclusive, meaning if you select Group 1 and Warrior, then it will show anyone in either group 1, or all the warriors. If you want it to just show all the warriors in group 1, then you need to select "Make filters strict".
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
04-21-07, 02:59 PM   #365
Vilkku
An Aku'mai Servant

Okey, thanks for the answers. Now, regarding the group numbers...

http://uifiles.worldofwar.net/upload...2_20061228.jpg

That was where I found out about Perfect Raid, and as you can see there are numbers next to the players (http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=3621 for the actual page). Some other addon doing it, older version...? I would be grateful for any ideas.
04-21-07, 03:23 PM   #366
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
yes, its not that tough to code the support for it, and someone's modified their copy locally. I'll see if I can get it done in the next update.
04-26-07, 05:32 AM   #367
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
New version posted:

Changelog:

Code:
2007-04-25 [r106]  jnwhiteh:

* trunk/PerfectRaid.lua: * Fixed mana bars to properly change when
	  a unit switches power types * Playerframe will now properly hide
	  when you aren't in a party

2007-04-25 [r105]  jnwhiteh:

* trunk/PerfectRaid.lua: * Only mana bars will be shown by default
	  instead of showing energy/rage/etc. * You can adjust this by
	  changing /script PerfectRaid.db.profile.showmanaonly = false

2007-04-25 [r104]  jnwhiteh:

* trunk/PerfectRaid.lua: * Added a playerframe to any frame tagged
	  as "party" * When you have a frame tagged as "party" visible,
	  then the default party frames will be hidden * You can disable
	  this by typing /script PerfectRaid.db.profile.hideparty = false *
	  I may eventually add a toggle, but I prefer the default behavior.

2007-04-22 [r103]  jnwhiteh:

trunk/PerfectRaid.lua: * Added an option to enable group
	  numbering in the name portion of each frame * Added an option to
	  show a "party" frame. Right now this only shows your party
	  members, not you.

2007-04-20 [r101-102]  jnwhiteh:

* trunk/PerfectRaid_Buffs.lua, trunk/Babelfish.lua,
	  trunk/Localization.enUS.lua: * Added Lifebloom to the default
	  druid buffs

trunk/Dongle.lua, trunk/PerfectRaid.lua: * Added a button to
	  disable raid frames on the raid frame tab. * You can hide and
	  show the frames from this screen, and only the events for shown
	  frames should be processed * There is a slider to change the
	  manabar height on the raid frame editor. * Mana bars default to
	  0, which is hidden.

2007-04-20 [r100]  jnwhiteh:

* trunk/PerfectRaid_Options.lua: * Anchor the slash command
	  patterns so we can /praid unlock again =)
04-26-07, 07:49 AM   #368
Ohidosee
A Murloc Raider

Yay!!!!!!!!
04-26-07, 01:36 PM   #369
Gungolf
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Cladhaire
New version posted:
Code:
2007-04-25 [r104]  jnwhiteh:

* trunk/PerfectRaid.lua: * Added a playerframe to any frame tagged
	  as "party" * When you have a frame tagged as "party" visible,
	  then the default party frames will be hidden * You can disable
	  this by typing /script PerfectRaid.db.profile.hideparty = false *
	  I may eventually add a toggle, but I prefer the default behavior.
I'm using ag_UF, so that might be the reason for my problem...

Instead of hiding the default partyframes when joining a party it shows the default Blizz-frames that have been hidden before. That leaves me with three(!) partyframes!

I moved the ag_UF-frames a little to the right, as they would have overlapped the default frames.

Last edited by Gungolf : 04-26-07 at 01:39 PM.
04-26-07, 01:45 PM   #370
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
All my code does, is unregister the events on those frames, and call HidePartyFrames(). Why did you post the changelog? That's only relevant if you've changed the variable in your profile.

The code, quite literally says:

"If we're set to hide the party, and we have a party frame enabled, then hide the party frames by going through each one and unregistering the events that typically show them, and calling HidePartyFrame(). The _only_ time my code will SHOW the frames is when the option in the profile is set to false, or we are not in a party AND we were currently hiding the party frame."

Let me know if you find anything out.

Code:
	if self.db.profile.hideparty and self.hasparty then
		-- Disable the party frames
		self.hidingparty = true
		for i=1,4 do
			local f = getglobal("PartyMemberFrame"..i)
			f:UnregisterEvent("RAID_ROSTER_UPDATE")
			f:UnregisterEvent("PARTY_MEMBERS_CHANGED")
		end
		HidePartyFrame()
	elseif self.hidingparty then
		self.hidingparty = false
		for i=1,4 do
			f:RegisterEvent("RAID_ROSTER_UPDATE")
			f:RegisterEvent("PARTY_MEMBERS_CHANGED")
		end
		ShowPartyFrame()
	 end
04-26-07, 02:11 PM   #371
Gungolf
A Fallenroot Satyr
Oh, I simply quoted because it contained stuff about the partyframes...

I disabled everything apart from praid and the default Blizz partyframes still showed up along praid. I even removed the SavedVariables/PerfectRaid.lua just to be sure. That makes me sure it is not connected to any other addon.

But I can /script HidePartyFrame() manually, though.

Just to have it mentioned, even if it doesn't matter: German client...
04-26-07, 02:41 PM   #372
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Very odd, I'll keep looking at it.
04-28-07, 06:41 AM   #373
vedran
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Gungolf
Oh, I simply quoted because it contained stuff about the partyframes...

I disabled everything apart from praid and the default Blizz partyframes still showed up along praid. I even removed the SavedVariables/PerfectRaid.lua just to be sure. That makes me sure it is not connected to any other addon.

But I can /script HidePartyFrame() manually, though.

Just to have it mentioned, even if it doesn't matter: German client...
Same problem I guess, cant get rid of Blizzard party frames.

Also when i try to edit and save the frame that has the party option turned on, i get the PerfectRaid.lua:643:Attempt to index a local 'button' (a nil value).
Oddly enough, I dont get the message after creating the frame.
When hiding the party frame via another mod, then creating the praid party frame - the thing works until i try to edit the frame (same error message) after which the blizzard party frame shows its ugly self, or until i reload UI.

I even tried editing the lua to:
Code:
	elseif self.hidingparty then
		self.hidingparty = false
		for i=1,4 do
			f:RegisterEvent("RAID_ROSTER_UPDATE")
			f:RegisterEvent("PARTY_MEMBERS_CHANGED")
		end
		-- ShowPartyFrame()
		HidePartyFrame()
	 end
it still shows both the blizzard and praid frames after entering a party

EDIT:

i commented out the line 133, and it seems to work now

Code:
-- self.hasparty = nil

Last edited by vedran : 04-28-07 at 07:30 AM.
04-28-07, 07:29 AM   #374
Gungolf
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by vedran
Also when i try to edit and save the frame that has the party option turned on, i get the PerfectRaid.lua:643:Attempt to index a local 'button' (a nil value).
I do get that error without having edited the code.
04-28-07, 10:50 PM   #375
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Yes, I've fixed the issue locally, and will be releasing an update soon.
04-29-07, 10:16 AM   #376
Vilkku
An Aku'mai Servant

As I've been using this mod more and more I've begun to like it a lot. My UI is really clean and sleek nowadays However, there is an issue or two I'm having, and I also have some suggestions for the ingame options.

First, my mana bar behavior seems a bit strange. I'd like the mana bar to have the same color all the time (sometimes two players with full mana have different bar colors as well). Also, it seems to me that the numbers on the bar go under the mana bar. One suggestion I have regarding the mana bar color is that you could set the mana bar to turn red if the amount of mana the user has goes under a specific number or % of total.

Second, is how you can make the bars look. I'd like the option to change the order in which classes appear and the width of the columns (so that I can get the full name for some members displayed, perhaps without changing the width of the actual hp/mana bar). Even if these options should be changeable by editing the .lua file (haven't had time to check), it would be a lot easier if you could change it ingame (and you could update without losing custom changes).

Good luck developing the AddOn, it has great potential! I also picked up Clique, and it is extremely useful as well.
05-08-07, 06:49 AM   #377
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
I had some time last night, so I fixed a number of issues, and more importantly fixed the nasty backdrop graphic I had, and added highlight/debuff highlight backdrop textures thanks to Beladona. Enjoy.
05-14-07, 05:05 PM   #378
Kalurak
A Kobold Labourer
Doesn't load

For some reason, perfectraid doesn't seem to load for me. Other addons are fine.
It's ticked in the Addons menu, i've disabled all my other bar addons, still, if i type /praid i get 'Type /help for a list of command' crap. Dunno if it's something about my system or about praid but i've never had that problem before
05-14-07, 05:12 PM   #379
Wowgamer233
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Great mod

Love it, love it, love it !

Works flawlessly apart from a single error thrown when I log into a toon...

[2007/05/14 18:55:48-1064-x1]: PerfectRaid\Dongle.lua:1271: You must call 'UnregisterAllEvents' from a registered Dongle.
PerfectRaid\Dongle.lua:224: in function <Interface\AddOns\PerfectRaid\Dongle.lua:222>
PerfectRaid\Dongle.lua:382: in function `UnregisterAllEvents'
PerfectRaid\Dongle.lua:1271: in function `oldDeactivate'

I have logged this in the official bug tracker and have also commented at the download page. The version I have is the latest and I have performed a thorough cleanup and removal of the old folder and WTF lua file (including the backup file) but the error persists.

I must say that this single error does not in any way prevent the mod from working without a single issue when in BG's. Not done any raiding with it yet.

Thanks for the great mod. I'm happy to perform any testing or steps you might like me to in order to see if this bug can be squashed or is just some strange non-PerfectRaid conflict with another mod.
05-14-07, 05:13 PM   #380
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Thanks, thats a larger issue that I hope to address in the next few days. Thanks.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » PerfectRaid 2.0 Discussion/Help