05-22-10, 11:53 PM   #1
Terroka
A Murloc Raider

Alpha Full screen overlay with Heal/button binds

So i have been using Nui for a bit to see if i can raid and heal successfully...so far the main problem is healing a 25 man with Nui i still have to have Vuhdo/Healbot grid type of button bindings to cast faster heals...it would be perfect if there was a way to spell bind /overlay to the different raid/groups 5/10/25/40 and so on or even any number of frames for that matter in Nuis gui to take away the extreme clutter of healy addons. Also it would be the perfect all out hands down interface if you could type cmd /nui mov objects or something to move around the maps info blocks, ect..with an option to alpha transparency the map info boxes and so on with the actual game behind it for full screen usage. So my ideas / request recap

- Movable Nui objects not just "movers" with alpha adjust & full screen gameplay

- Heal / cast binds to raid frames similar to vuhdo in my opinion (the configuration sucks but once its set up its awesome to use) with target/raid markers and Hots/ Buffs showing up

Even an option to ofset the minimap left or right so healbot, vuhdo, or grid type addon of your choice can take the place of raid frames by setting over the top of it would work but takes up addon memory and could create client side lag...anyways just some ideas.

I really appreciate your enthusiasm and ingenuity with Nui...you have made it very enjoyable to test. Still havent convinced guild to try it yet tho! lol Thanks again.

-

Last edited by Terroka : 05-23-10 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Sig file and readability

05-23-10, 05:43 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well, a healy based unit frame setup is in the works I believe for nUI6. With nUI 5 you can use the normal unit frames along with clique to set up click settings or with a macro.

My macros work with the unit frames no problem but the information and customization I get with grid is what prompted the move from healbot and my current stay with grid.

Depending on the customization level of nUI6 and what it does by default I may see how easy it is to make an overlay type system to do the same kind of stuff that grid does to highlight certain important ( in my eyes ) information.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

05-23-10, 04:51 PM   #3
Terroka
A Murloc Raider

Your sertup

I would very much like to see your setup and possibly a video of it in action!, I will post a video of mine aswell in a raid atmosphere so maybe i could get some tips n pointers from other users. Thanks for the reply! - =)

05-23-10, 06:05 PM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Rofl, won't be able to do a video Im afraid .. All I have done is place grid between hud and dashboard. I have corner dots, borders, texts and icons set up for various things. Like, all hots I have in one corner, all debuffs I have in another corner etc. And I have the text show me if they are my target, tanking etc so I know who needs a heal.

And here is the basic macro I use. I just replace the spell for the one the macro is for.

Code:
#showtooltip Chain Heal
/run sfx=GetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX");
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/use 10
/run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX",sfx);
/cast [@mouseover,help,exists] [@target,help,nodead] [@player,nodead] Chain Heal
10 is the id for one of my items that give a useful haste buff and the Sound_Enable is to just to turn the error sound off and on for the repeated attempts when spamming the heals while the item is on cool down.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Suggestion Box » Alpha Full screen overlay with Heal/button binds