01-29-10, 03:56 PM   #41
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by chopt8 View Post
Ok I give up! I quit! I surrender! I'm going back to carbonite, til we see what goodies 6.0 has to offer, that no cookie offer can get Scott to divulge what's in store in 6.0.
Resistance is Futile! You will be assimilated! Rofl, sorry, playing Star Trek Online at the moment

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

01-29-10, 04:36 PM   #42
Chmee
A Molten Giant
I don't know how long it's been in there, as I've only been using carbonite for a year or so, but it's the history and database tabs at the bottom of the quest window (not the quest watcher, the list). My main problem with it is that afaik there's no way to get carb to give you a list of the quests you haven't completed - you have to compare, manually/mentally, the history list (ones you completed) and the database (all quests). I've recently discovered the wowhead client, that will grab your quest data (and other stuff) and store it on wowhead's database. Then you can see (in your browser) which quests in each zone you haven't done yet. It's pretty accurate, but not completely so.

01-29-10, 05:50 PM   #43
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Ah, it never had that when I looked at it Petrah. Or if they did it was never documented or easily seen, but I could be wrong. This was like years ago rofl Good to know for those that would want that as well.
I don't believe it was in Carbonite Quest... which might be why you never saw it hehe. But in the full version when you hit the L key and open the quest window down at the bottom there are several tabs. Current, History, Database, and Player. The History tab shows you what quests you've already completed in the current zone you are in.

01-29-10, 06:11 PM   #44
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Ah maybe after looking at all the other stuff I didn't like I never got to that part rofl. I can be stubborn like that

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

02-01-10, 06:02 AM   #45
whereswaldo
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Not 100% sure, but I thought one of the recent patches to WoW added the ability to query what quests have been completed for each toon. I also thought the Carbonite now does that query and and brings each toons quest history up to date when you use it on a toon for the first time. I may set up a new toon and test that out later: start the toon with Carbonite disabled, completed a few quests, then enable Carbonite and see if it picks them up.

02-01-10, 02:56 PM   #46
randall
A Kobold Labourer
Carbonite un-install for Mac

First post here......
I want to un-install Carbonite from my Mac.
Can I just locate it in Finder then delete it without affecting other programs?

02-01-10, 03:17 PM   #47
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Yeah... look in [ World of Warcraft > Interface > AddOns ] and remove the Carbonite folders.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

02-02-10, 08:05 AM   #48
chopt8
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by randall View Post
First post here......
I want to un-install Carbonite from my Mac.
Can I just locate it in Finder then delete it without affecting other programs?
Addons aren't OS specific, nor will they interfere with WoW outside of the game itself.

BTW I'm a Mac user too, so in the future , yeah you can use spotlight, the Finde or even Quicksilver to find an addon and just delete it. Though as Scott wrote, it should be World of warcraft/Interface/AddOns/(addon name you want to delete)

02-02-10, 08:12 AM   #49
chopt8
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by chopt8 View Post
Ok I give up! I quit! I surrender! I'm going back to carbonite, til we see what goodies 6.0 has to offer, that no cookie offer can get Scott to divulge what's in store in 6.0.
OK so I gave up and went BACK to carb. However comma are there any nUIers, nUIians, ites? who are former carbonite users (but still use nUI) who've gotten over their addiction? Did you use 12 steps, go cold turkey, or found some new addons to replace or quell your addiction? If the latter what are those addons that you now use?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Suggestion Box » Carbonite replacement suggestions