09-25-07, 05:03 PM   #41
duhr33toh
A Murloc Raider
I never did that assert thing like some others did. But found another glitch. When you open your quest tracker and go to look at the Lightheaded comments for them. Right when you open the lightheaded comments the game's FPS goes thru the floor for me to 0.

I had to relog and did it again same result. Except I was able to close lightheaded fast enough for the fps to shoot back up again.
09-25-07, 05:06 PM   #42
ValerianOddity
A Murloc Raider
Premium Member
Originally Posted by duhr33toh
I never did that assert thing like some others did. But found another glitch. When you open your quest tracker and go to look at the Lightheaded comments for them. Right when you open the lightheaded comments the game's FPS goes thru the floor for me to 0.

I had to relog and did it again same result. Except I was able to close lightheaded fast enough for the fps to shoot back up again.
I have experienced this same issue.
09-25-07, 05:35 PM   #43
brynchel
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I did the assert thing (still stuck with pictures of my #1 spell), updated ACE2, Fubar and Xloot. All these have new updates on wowace.com. Some havent trickled to WAU yet.

Doing this made the HUD and 3-d models work again. Only errors I have now are the Cartographer translation errors and the tooltip error that is linked to DUF.

It seems most Unit frames are causing same issue. AG and Grid atleast.
09-25-07, 05:35 PM   #44
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by meio
That's good to know that it fixed the 3d models, unless it's only the self and target that are fixed. I had a feeling that everything else wasn't loading properly because the ContextMenu wasn't finishing it's loading process. With the ContextMenu, you say that they are there, they just don't display right? Do I understand correctly that you mean that if you click on the buttons they will trigger the appropriate action, it's just the image that's incorrect?
Yeah, I think they were all there, didn't notice them missing so 3d seems to be ok.

Just ran botanica on my warlock.

* Autobar is borked for me, can't activate anything (not a mazzle issue I believe)
* xLoot still borked (no error since the update but can't select individual items, again, not mazzle)

It was actually a pretty uneventful run save that AceComm spit out over 6000 errors (updating, again, to see if that's fixed, again not Mazzle)

Context menu, though, heh, still visually unusable.
09-25-07, 05:41 PM   #45
Slavekitten
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I've also found that my autobar is kinda screwy. It wont let me click on the pots and such...I'll see if I can just update the mod.
09-25-07, 06:06 PM   #46
stryker115
A Murloc Raider
I made the mentioned change to the assert lines and got all the updates off WAU, and the UI is running great again. Everything (including ShardAce, which someone earlier asked about) looks like it's where it should be. I haven't been in combat yet so haven't tried looting or the potions yet, but I can't seem to click on my food/drink so I imagine autobar is borked for me as well.
09-25-07, 06:14 PM   #47
Lonescout
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
So now what..

I cant even get it to work with the new patch, it wont do anything, all the fubar stuff is at the bottom, tried updating,etc.. Now im just stuck completly out of using it.. Any ideas?
09-25-07, 06:17 PM   #48
Moribund
A Fallenroot Satyr
I've got everyone else's bugs mostly.

My HUD randomly came on, not in combat, and wouldn't go away. I disabled and re-enabled it through mazzle options, and it doesn't show up at the moment. Haven't gotten into combat yet though.

My 3d models, for myself or pet or target, do not show.

Smartbuff was relocated in the center of the screen.

the Status Windows all relocated themselves.

The yellow M mazzle options button isn't there.

Autobar shows, but doesn't work.

context menu doesn't show.

tracking menu is on the wrong side of my minimap, and stuck to it.

EDIT: I did the self:assert => assert change and now the HUD is working, the models are back, ShardAce is back, yellow M is working, context menu doesn't show icons, but works alright. The big non-functional one is Autobar.

Last edited by Moribund : 09-25-07 at 06:59 PM.
09-25-07, 06:27 PM   #49
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I was finally able to logon to see what was going on. I'm running MazzleUI 1.1 without ever doing any WAU updates. I changed the assert calls in the ContextMenu.lua file and I have my own Layouts file for my personal Priest button layout. Everything (all of the added frames) was positioned correctly. My Bugsack was catching the FuBar and XLoot, etc. errors like everyone is getting... this leads me to think that they're just going to have to be fixed by the authors and updated. My ContextMenu had the incorrect graphic in all of the slots, but all of the buttons still worked correctly. I was able to cast all of my healing spells on myself and a party member, I also killed a basilisk just outside of Shattrath and looted it. Like others I got the default loot frame due to XLoot being borked at the moment. Autobar was also not working.

I did not try to /mazzify because of the errors that I was getting with the other addons. The Mazzifier won't be able to run easily if at all when all of those other addons are messed up. Overall, my impression with this patch isn't incredibly horrible, but needs some work. The only things that I have with the default installation that are completely unusable are the ContextMenu, the Mazzifier and Autobar.

My best guess is that the bulk of the problems causing things to be completely unusable, aside from ContextMenu, are a result of updating the mods. I'm going to be working on ContextMenu a bit, but the rest of the mods are likely just going to have to wait until their respective authors fix them and they can be updated.
09-25-07, 06:29 PM   #50
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Vince is correct. If you rem out the asserts in the contextmenu.lua, the majority of the compilation comes back to life with the few notable exceptions:

1) Context Menu is borked.

2) Autobar is borked.

3) xLoot is...you guessed it...borked.

I tested raid and party layouts...all 3D portraits show (as long as you're in range of the preson to receive them). Right click menus and click-casting also seem fine.
09-25-07, 06:47 PM   #51
zosopage1963
A Fallenroot Satyr
Mazzifier issues

If what you all say is correct, that is absolutely great.... if you have not deleted, and are trying to reinstall. Granted, that was a drastic measure, but I know how to set up this UI to my likening very easily, just adding a couple of my favorite mods to enhance Mazzle's. But now that I am trying to reinstall the whole kit and kibudle, I cant because the mazzifier gets stuck. Any ideas for those of us that are just trying to start over? Any suggestions would be welcomed, and I am sure I am not the only one that did this.
09-25-07, 07:10 PM   #52
Older
An Aku'mai Servant
Here is my results, I did a WAU update:

1. 3D models not working at all
2. Context menu not working or showing at all.
3. Autobar not working
4. FrameXL borked.

Xloot is fixed through WAU. Rest appears to be right but have not taken part in a raid yet. I did not do any work in the context.lua what's the point it is borked.
09-25-07, 07:13 PM   #53
cheshyrcatgrins
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by zosopage1963
... But now that I am trying to reinstall the whole kit and kibudle, I cant because the mazzifier gets stuck. Any ideas for those of us that are just trying to start over? Any suggestions would be welcomed, and I am sure I am not the only one that did this.
as sad as all this is, i'm soooo happy to discover that i'm not really a complete moron that can't install this UI anymore.
my external hard drive decided to take the major dump yesterday ( wonderful timing eh?) and now all my WoW files are gone...so after many computer issues that made reinstalling WoW darned near impossible, i've been trying to reinstall mazzle, only to have it get stuck.

in any case, you're not alone, but i figure that the best advice i can muster is to have patience and hopefully these issues will be worked out by someone much much smarter than myself.
09-25-07, 07:26 PM   #54
Ilservian
A Defias Bandit
Haven't seen anybody post this, but in addition to the errors other people are mentioning, the Poisoner icon is misplaced when logging in, and the cast bar has moved back to it's place on the original Blizzard UI with the original cast bar.

Edit: After a bit more observation, the objective area on the UI got placed back at the top of the screen, and the auto accept resurrection option is not working. Also, the poison icons for weapons are in their default place on the UI as well.

Last edited by Ilservian : 09-25-07 at 10:04 PM.
09-25-07, 07:53 PM   #55
Zarther
A Fallenroot Satyr
Charater Panel Tooltip

Another issue I found is with the character panel. When I mouse over my items there is no tool tip to tell me what that item is. Figured I would add this to the list. Thanks
09-25-07, 08:02 PM   #56
viva
A Fallenroot Satyr
I haven't seen anyone post on this yet, but I am only able to show 20 raid spots using sraid frames. I am forced to drag the fifth group from the Blizzard default raid frames.
09-25-07, 08:23 PM   #57
Banalina902
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I pretty much have the same issues as previously noted.

I'd like to try the MazzleUi_core.lua changes, but don't know where to start. How do you open up a lua file and save it in the same format?

Thanks.
09-25-07, 08:36 PM   #58
Aygen
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by viva
I haven't seen anyone post on this yet, but I am only able to show 20 raid spots using sraid frames. I am forced to drag the fifth group from the Blizzard default raid frames.
Same here ;_;
09-25-07, 08:37 PM   #59
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I've got the issues for myself worked down to just AutoBar and ContextMenu not working for solo and small group action. I have not been in a raid group yet, and there was recently a post regarding that... so I'll look into that later. I have also not tried running an instance to check BigWigs/LittleWigs and DBM.

In the past 15-20 mins I updated all of the mods using WAU, excluding the ones that Mazzle has tagged to not be updated. For those of you that don't know, you don't have to worry about the mods that Mazzle has tagged to not be updated as WAU will automatically ignore them. I had to update FuBar, Cartographer, oRA2, WitchHunt and Prat with externals, everything else was updated without externals. Currently I'm not having any problems aside from AutoBar and ContextMenu.

Edit: I just had a couple errors popup in the bugsack, but it's the same ones reported from Interface\FrameXML and one from a Fubar auto loot function. Nothing critical though.

Last edited by meio : 09-25-07 at 08:47 PM.
09-25-07, 08:44 PM   #60
cowboyathome
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
What am I missing here???

What is WAU???

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Patch 2.2 Bug Reports