05-07-09, 09:30 AM   #1
uaechamp
A Murloc Raider

Lightbulb Some Saggestions

First of let me congratulate you on making such and amazing UI, but from my experiences with meddling and grouping countless addons together i can point out a few thing you may want to consider adding to NUI.

Allow me to list them here (in no particular order)

- Atlas
-Atlas loot enhanced
-elk buff bars (im just saying something like it because i cant see where my buffs are so something like EBB could make it easier to see where they are)
-Autobar (this addon (or something like it integrated into your UI, in general it shows all your mounts,food,pots,and some other stuff i cant remember right now, other then the fact that it has built in macros,i think,for my warrior it has a macro that puts him battle stance when he isnt in combat and uses charge when i target someone then when im in battle it changes me into baserker stance)
-Carbonite (it just has all the features you could need from like 10 other addons so integrating it could bring NUI to an all new Level)
Mazzle UI {unit frames} ( now why im suggesting that you use a unit frame style similar to the one found within Mazzle UI is because the frames themselves are less space consuming, there are probably other advantages but i cant come up with them right now)
-Mazzifier {something like it that allows you to customize NUI, preferably something built in that has preset settings for certain screen sizes and help make things easier to do rather than slash commands, such as people can add custom thing directly into the Mazzifier like addition and that will integrate it into the whole addon}
-Deadly boss mods (come on name one person who raids and dosent use this addon)
-ORA (you can skip this if you want its just somthing some people prefer to have when they raid)
Ok im don btw because of NUI's outstanding performance i have donated $100.00 i just think the developer deserves it.

PS: what im talking about is like a pack (extra) that can be used with NUI or maybe if you want you can integrate the whole thing together

Last edited by uaechamp : 05-07-09 at 09:33 AM.

05-07-09, 10:26 AM   #2
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
nUI *very* purposely does not use any third party mods or libraries in its distribution and never will. To be sure, nUI is *not* a pack... it's entire design intent is to be the anti-pack.

That said, it is compatibly with pretty much everything you listed though I would not recommend using Elk Buff Bars or Mazzle Unit Frames with nUI. I already use Altas and DMB with nUI as well as Omen3, Recount and Mozz Full World Map. I do not use oRA2 myself, but I'm fairly certain there's no reason it cannot be used with nUI.

Features like the Mazzifier are already on the to-do list.

And thank you very much for your support of nUI's development as well as your input.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

05-07-09, 10:31 AM   #3
uaechamp
A Murloc Raider

sorry allow me to re state myself what i ment was that you should add features like the above addons listed (not the addons themselves) but rather adding similer features releated to the addons i listed.

i listed them as examples what my sagestion is, to put it in blunt way incorperating the features of these addons into NUI not the addons itself

Last edited by uaechamp : 05-07-09 at 10:33 AM.

05-07-09, 10:36 AM   #4
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Ah... okay... got you now.

Many of the features you are asking about are actually already planned, on the to-do list or already in development. Some of them I don't know that I'll every tackle (DBM for example) as they're already very well done elsewhere and not so much a UI feature as a service. Atlas is another one I wouldn't ever imagine tackling as a built-in to nUI as is Carbonite.

I think the key thing that separates those from things like Elk and Mazzifier is that they're really databases and assist tools as opposed to user interface functionality and require a completely different design approach than that of nUI. On the other hand, things like Elk and Mazzifier are UI functionality and that absolutely *will* happen.

05-07-09, 10:41 AM   #5
uaechamp
A Murloc Raider

Glad you understood what i was trying to say.

As for the addons that canot have there features incorperated into NUI why not just make NUI saport them.

for example like Omen and recount, you could probly build in a way for carbonite and DBM,Atlas,atlas loot etc to integrate with the mod the way omen and recount do.

And the reason i put in the Mazzle UI unit frames in there is that it would put some variety in NUI, allowing you too choose two different Unit frame setups that each show there respective values differently

05-07-09, 10:49 AM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I'm sure Scott will reply soon but he is currently working through a way for us to set up how the interface looks by changing positions/sizes etc of the different elements. It may take a while but as it is nUI is a really great addon for what it does.

As to building in supportability. The reason we are able to work with recount,healbot and omen etc is because they have public access functions that we are allowed to use such as positioning and sizing. Also, the info panels are only a limited size so an addon that takes more than that size up would be unable to be added as an optional info panel addon.

Hmm, then again .. hey Scott . wonderful idea .. is it possible to say have a side bar that contains buttons for big screen addons that would expand out into the screen to display the addon? Kinda like info panels but works similar to say Visual Studio and the like where they collapse and hide away when not being use. Just an idea and may not be feasible.

Last edited by Xrystal : 05-07-09 at 10:52 AM.

05-07-09, 11:00 AM   #7
uaechamp
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
I'm sure Scott will reply soon but he is currently working through a way for us to set up how the interface looks by changing positions/sizes etc of the different elements. It may take a while but as it is nUI is a really great addon for what it does.

As to building in supportability. The reason we are able to work with recount,healbot and omen etc is because they have public access functions that we are allowed to use such as positioning and sizing. Also, the info panels are only a limited size so an addon that takes more than that size up would be unable to be added as an optional info panel addon.

Hmm, then again .. hey Scott . wonderful idea .. is it possible to say have a side bar that contains buttons for big screen addons that would expand out into the screen to display the addon? Kinda like info panels but works similar to say Visual Studio and the like where they collapse and hide away when not being use. Just an idea and may not be feasible.
Im not saying NUI is bad or anything these are just some features that have got my eye when i was downloading 1000s of addons per week and experimenting with them.

These addons (when i say addons i am refering to there features) are what stood out the most from my point of view,as it is NUI can somhow incroperate these features or find a way to integrate with the addon if it cant.

PS: having the box area where recount and omen are extending to fit the area is a great idea he could probly add the rest or add a way for them to integrate with NUI threw that.

05-07-09, 11:08 AM   #8
spiel2001
nUI's Author

To be sure, you would be stunned if you realized how customizable nUI is... the only piece really lacking is the GUI tool which I'm already working on. Every aspect of the unit frames can be customized, as an example... size, location, color, features, graphics, etc.

Integrating things like DBM is a problem because it's so hard to get people to agree on which features they want and need. Recount and Omen are easier because they are self contained and I can integrate them without limiting their feature sets. Doing the same for DBM would be nearly impossible.

That said... I *really* like the idea of the Visual Studio style side panels... that is a stroke of brilliance and Bliz's new animation features for frames will work perfectly for that... so keep that in mind for future reference.

05-07-09, 11:12 AM   #9
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
You would still have to have the addons installed anyway. Like for the Dual-Stats Optional Addon. Not only do you need nUI for that to work but you have to have Recount and Omen for it to work. Also, if Recount and Omen decide to localize all their functions and variables with no external access we wouldn't be able to use them anyway.

As Scott said earlier .. things like Atlas, Quest Helper etc are purely database driven addons and for nUI to incorporate these features itself would take quite a while to generate the database unless we *stole* the database information and format from Atlas etc themselves which I personally wouldn't do.

nUI supports the use of these addons so integration of the addon would be meaningless as all you currently do to use them is click a button to show the window. The window is too big to show permanently unlike omen, recount and healbot that fit in the bottom.

05-07-09, 11:15 AM   #10
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
That said... I *really* like the idea of the Visual Studio style side panels... that is a stroke of brilliance and Bliz's new animation features for frames will work perfectly for that... so keep that in mind for future reference.
Sweet .. it literally was just a spur of the moment idea And you could even have it optional to be on the left or right for people that prefer it that way. I can see it now .. nUI_PopOut_GuildRoster .. minds reeling now - rofl.

05-07-09, 11:23 AM   #11
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Just to be clear here uaechamp - I *very* much appreciate the input and am *not* arguing with you in any way.

05-07-09, 11:29 AM   #12
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Sweet .. it literally was just a spur of the moment idea And you could even have it optional to be on the left or right for people that prefer it that way. I can see it now .. nUI_PopOut_GuildRoster .. minds reeling now - rofl.
Another thought that comes to mind is a list of people you never want to raid with again... nUI_PopOut_Blacklist -- it could display a warning in the tooltip that the player you just moused over is a ninja, jerk, dip-stick, etc.

Endless possibilities for a sidebar like that.

05-07-09, 11:30 AM   #13
uaechamp
A Murloc Raider

Oh no no im not taking this as an argument rather a discussion to further benefit NUI.

With taking what you have sed into account hmm ok i get it.

BTW what i meant by the mazzle UI unit frame thing is like a preset alternative to the defult Unit frame style.

I know most unit frame addons have some kind of preset alternetive style to the current defoult style you get when you log in.

05-07-09, 11:36 AM   #14
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Another thought that comes to mind is a list of people you never want to raid with again... nUI_PopOut_Blacklist -- it could display a warning in the tooltip that the player you just moused over is a ninja, jerk, dip-stick, etc.

Endless possibilities for a sidebar like that.

Rofl .. yep . how we never thought we would have a problem allowing someone with ninja in their name to raid with us I don't know - rofl. We ended up sitting 3 hrs in naxx so that he couldn't ninja our raid id after we had got to saph and kel one week.

05-07-09, 11:38 AM   #15
uaechamp
A Murloc Raider

Rofl .. yep . how we never thought we would have a problem allowing someone with ninja in their name to raid with us I don't know - rofl. We ended up sitting 3 hrs in naxx so that he couldn't ninja our raid id after we had got to saph and kel one week.
Please stay ontopic

05-07-09, 11:41 AM   #16
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by uaechamp View Post
Oh no no im not taking this as an argument rather a discussion to further benefit NUI.

With taking what you have sed into account hmm ok i get it.

BTW what i meant by the mazzle UI unit frame thing is like a preset alternative to the defult Unit frame style.

I know most unit frame addons have some kind of preset alternetive style to the current defoult style you get when you log in.

This may be possible once the layout engine Scott is designing is in place. At present you will find a Default folder in your nUI folder which contains the layout code that nUI currently uses and can be altered to suit individual needs. Once the Engine is finished people will be able to set up another folder containing their changes to use instead of changing the default layout each time.

05-07-09, 11:43 AM   #17
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Please stay ontopic
Rofl, I was simply replying to another post in here with similar sentiments about the need for an enhancement (which is the topic) to track black listed people.

05-07-09, 11:44 AM   #18
uaechamp
A Murloc Raider

This may be possible once the layout engine Scott is designing is in place. At present you will find a Default folder in your nUI folder which contains the layout code that nUI currently uses and can be altered to suit individual needs. Once the Engine is finished people will be able to set up another folder containing their changes to use instead of changing the default layout each time.
Ok thanks for the answer can someone now close this thread?

And delete it if possible

05-07-09, 11:48 AM   #19
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Ok thanks for the answer can someone now close this thread?

And delete it if possible
Why delete the thread? It would be useful to other people with similar questions.

05-07-09, 11:50 AM   #20
uaechamp
A Murloc Raider

It has no purpose now, and the questions asked in this thread have bin answerd so i see no reason to keep it here it would just be a waste of space

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Suggestion Box » Some Saggestions