01-06-10, 02:12 AM   #1
Toeler
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
How to make carbonite less 'spammy'

So a few of my raiding members brought this up a while back but I never really took much notice of it. I always raid with all my normal addons turned on, I don't turn things off before raids because I like everything to be there when I need it. But a couple of times I've been asked to turn carbonite off because of the amount of messages it sends out to guild members, and even guild members who haven't been in the raid have been asked to turn theirs off for the same reason.

I was wondering whether there are any settings or anything I can turn off so that I don't have this problem. Really the only thing I use carbonite for is the map, I could hardly do without it, because I love the fact that it's dynamic.

That being said, what would the chances of a carbonite 'lite' version being made, which didn't send so many messages out, and had only core features which could be turned off or something (Because all I need is the map).

01-06-10, 06:35 AM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I would take a look at the options menu under the heading of "Social and Comm" I believe it was. You should be able to turn off just about every communication method there.

01-06-10, 07:14 AM   #3
Toeler
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Ahh tyvm! Turned most of them off so hope it helps

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » How to make carbonite less 'spammy'