05-29-23, 07:23 AM   #21
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yeah, I wondered if that was the case. So how, do we do what we did before ? Or is it just not possible now ?

Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
The problem with registering with TooltipDataProcessor.AddTooltipPostCall() is it's a global feature. This means it'll call the function every time anything wishes to display a spell's tooltip. Not just the individual button you're working with.

For example, someone mouseovers a spell in their spellbook and every instance of that function for every button you've created will run sequentially for that single tooltip.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
05-29-23, 07:44 AM   #22
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I edited my previous post with something that should work for now, but it's still not the ideal way to go at it. It's definitely something that should be done with the OnEnter handler, but the random clearing issues are well-known. I've been seeing changes in the TooltipDataHandlerMixin that suggests a different method of embedded tooltips may be coming if it isn't implemented entirely yet.

Last edited by SDPhantom : 05-29-23 at 07:46 AM.
05-29-23, 08:03 AM   #23
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Ah yeah I saw the owner code and wondered how it might be used.

I'm working on 10.1.5 code at the moment so I can wait for now. And consider your option at a later date if needed.

What I did try however is something slightly different - but may not work in combat ( nui has combat tooltips as an option )

What I did was during the PLAYER_LOGIN I hooksecurefunc'd the buttons "SetTooltip" function and added my code there. It works .. however, it doesn't enlarge the tooltip frame to reflect the extra lines.

It's not too much of a major issue looking at what nUI does at the moment.

It has a keybind section on the button that shows the keybind to users .. For Example: csS to mean Ctrl-Shift and S for that keybind. The only thing that isn't available on the screen now is the key combo you use to activate the nUI keybind frame ( yes I know Blizzard has one now but nUI always had one ). I can always add a slash command to display the command on request if people forget. I might go that route rather than add more performance issues as nUI has enough with its almost 20 year old code base rofl.

Thanks for your help anyway. It was worth a try but I'll check back in another week to see whether they have done something useful in this area I can use.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Tooltip hook stopped working in latest patch?