12-05-22, 12:04 PM   #1
AeroMaxxD
An Aku'mai Servant
SecureHook - Attempting to hook a non existing target

Is there a list somewhere of what I can hook into?

I'm wanting to hook into the AchievementFrame, but I have been unable to find what exactly I need to hook into to do this.

What was previously working with an older version of world of warcraft no longer works as the target of the original hooks seems to have been removed.

See below for the line which is giving me the error "Attempting to hook a non existing target" error.

SecureHook("AchievementFrameCategories_GetCategoryList"
12-05-22, 01:53 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That is likely because the function you are hooking into has been renamed. Many of the functions have been renamed or moved around.

There is this line in https://www.townlong-yak.com/framexm...ievementUI.lua that might be what you want

categories = AchievementFrameCategories_MakeCategoryList(GetCategoryList(), "summary"),
The function itself is immediately above it at : https://www.townlong-yak.com/framexm...mentUI.lua#111

Ah never mind, if this is the same function you hooked into before it is now local and unhookable. You may have to make your own version which looking at the code in the function may be as easy as copy and pasting it.
12-06-22, 06:34 AM   #3
AeroMaxxD
An Aku'mai Servant
Thank you for the reply, that website looks incredibly useful and handy.

As that doesn't look like it is from Blizzard or has anything to do with them, how did someone manage to get all those files? Were they ripped from the client somehow?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » SecureHook - Attempting to hook a non existing target