09-15-11, 01:33 AM   #1
Alianka
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

How to show and hide when ...

Hi,

i have a 2 little problems i have encountered and do not have a clue how to solve it.

1) I would like a texture to show only when the target is non-Elite, Elite or Boss and also when a buff or a debuff is from the mobs mentioned above and not from players. I tried to do it in filter set and then through vars: unitInSet a texture show & hide, but i wasnt succesful. I have also tried color conditionals using vars isenemy? and so on, which is nearly sufficient , but i use gradient textures in my UI and would like to preserve that style. Is there a way to show them without affecting gradient on the textures ?

2) Second problem is encountered is with buffs and debuffs directly, when i click on a player i can set auraBars or icons to show me only buffs that are theirs and not those someone has buffed them. But ( if i understand correctly ) debuffs works the same way and when i would target a boss or some trash in raid that has a buff or debuff from some other mob, that one would not be shown, right ? And that is the second issue, is there a way to show debuffs and/or buffs that are not from players yet are there on the target ?

Thank you in advance

Regards
Alianka

PS: I cannot write something in small text, allways writing novels as one of my friends pointed out several times.
EDIT: typos
09-15-11, 09:59 AM   #2
Cripsii
A Black Drake
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hello !

For the first question, I don't understand what do you want.. Give me a few concret example.
I don't understand if you want non-elite, elite or boss AND buff/debuff or simply the tag (elite,boss etc.) or debuff/buff.

For example: 2 x 2 + 2 != 2 x (2+2)

The texture show if target is (n)elite/boss AND if the target has a debuff/buff,
OR the texture show if the target is (n)elite/boss OR if the target has a debuff/buff..
If the target is a player? What about the texture? it's consider a no-elite.

For the second question if I understand, you want to show only aura what the mob has cast on itself?
09-18-11, 06:30 AM   #3
Alianka
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Hello,

sorry for later response, i had to manage something in RL.

Now for the "issue". I didnt explain it correctly, what a suprise, i dont remember if i have ever did that in the past sorry for that as well.

Originally Posted by Cripsii View Post
Hello !

For the first question, I don't understand what do you want.. Give me a few concret example.
I don't understand if you want non-elite, elite or boss AND buff/debuff or simply the tag (elite,boss etc.) or debuff/buff.

For example: 2 x 2 + 2 != 2 x (2+2)

The texture show if target is (n)elite/boss AND if the target has a debuff/buff,
OR the texture show if the target is (n)elite/boss OR if the target has a debuff/buff..
If the target is a player? What about the texture? it's consider a no-elite.
The texture show if target is (n)elite/boss AND if the target has a debuff/buff and the source of the buff/debuff is not a player.

Originally Posted by Cripsii View Post
For the second question if I understand, you want to show only aura what the mob has cast on itself?
I dont know how to show the buffs or debuffs that are on the mob and source of the buff/debuff is not a player. Etc a boss has some add that provides a buff or debuff to the boss, but if the add is dead the buff / debuff is no more on the boss.

Hope this time i have been much clearer.

Regards
Alianka

Last edited by Alianka : 09-18-11 at 06:33 AM. Reason: try to be a little bit more specific

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Community » OpenRDX: Community Chat » How to show and hide when ...