09-21-08, 01:54 PM   #1
blastphemee
A Kobold Labourer
One User, 2 computers different layouts

I have a desktop and Laptop, I play wow on both, due to key configurations on both pc's being a different layout, i have to use a different button layout. When I switch from one to the other I always have to re-do my buttons and bindings. The profile feature in bongos even tho I save it, wont allow me to switch between the 2 layouts. What can I do?
09-21-08, 02:47 PM   #2
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You could try out

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...BarSaver2.html

saves profiles for each toon etc. Hope that helps ya!
09-21-08, 04:24 PM   #3
0Blackmage0
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I suggest getting a barmod that keeps track of keybindings on its own. I use Trinity UI. Then you could copy it and the saved variable over to the other computer and place the bars to fit the other screen. Then you will have both of the same keybinds...

OPTION TWO

You could use trinity UI to have a layout on your Desktop then make a layour on your laptop. Once you place all the skills on your desktop you can 'choose to view the Action buttons ID' Once you do this you can set the Id's on the laptop.

This will allow you to place or create any amount of different arrangments. But when you change once button on one the SAME button will change on the other one. So if you match up the keybinds then no matter what arrangement you have you will keep both computers in sync.

09-24-08, 09:50 AM   #4
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

What i did....... was i just hooked the laptop to the desktop and cut and pasted my wow directory from the desktop to the laptop (after doing initial install on laptop of course) but yea do install, dont even bother updating just paste the whole thing then you have exact same setup on both. I do this same thing when i have to reformat. i have multiple hard drives, i keep wow always backed up on one of them if i need to reformat the operating drive i just reinstall wow and then paste the directory over saves a ton of time and headache.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » One User, 2 computers different layouts