01-27-14, 09:10 PM   #1
kasca
A Frostmaul Preserver
Target Change

Ok iam so tired of clicking on a button and having my target change. How can i make that no happen. I know i once read how you could make the background not alow this. Iam looking at useing Btex.
01-27-14, 09:59 PM   #2
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Is it a particular button? Is the button bound to a target changing keybind like the Tab key or F1 to F5 if it happens in groups?
01-28-14, 12:55 AM   #3
kasca
A Frostmaul Preserver
no anywhere. You miss a key by a pic and it changes to what ever in front of you.
01-28-14, 05:33 AM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

If I understand correctly, when you miss clicking on something by a few pixels, you just want your click to be ignored, instead of clicking on whatever is in the game world behind the button you tried to click.

Other than the obvious "stop clicking your buttons" recommendation the simplest solution would probably be for you to use kgPanels. Set up a panel behind each action bar or other object you're clicking on. Make it transparent so you can't see it (or give it a visible background if you want) and enable the mouse on it, but don't set a click script on it. Then, when you miss the button, you'll click the panel instead, and it will basically be like you clicked on nothing, because the panel will catch your click and do nothing.
01-28-14, 09:48 AM   #5
kasca
A Frostmaul Preserver
How is that going to stop the taarget change? I want the panel to be a stop. So it dont see that in front of it. So if i mouse over the panel all it sees is the panel. Maybe iam not puting this down right. For that iam sorry.
01-28-14, 10:05 AM   #6
jeruku
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Do you mean...

Are you referring to targets becoming unselected when you click the screen?

If so, then you'll find sticky targeting in: Game Menu -> Interface -> Controls -> Sticky Targeting
01-28-14, 02:26 PM   #7
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by kasca View Post
How is that going to stop the taarget change? I want the panel to be a stop. So it dont see that in front of it. So if i mouse over the panel all it sees is the panel. Maybe iam not puting this down right. For that iam sorry.
It would stop the target change because you would not be clicking on the game world or on anything in the game world (like players, mobs, or mailboxes). You would basically have a small "dead zone" around your buttons, so that when you missed clicking on the button, your click would be totally ignored by everything.
02-09-14, 08:36 PM   #8
kasca
A Frostmaul Preserver
Iam at a loss. I hate kg panels. As far as i can tell there nothing harder to use =( Ikryed changeing a btex panel to do this. I cant get it to work. I dont understand lua at all. I dont understand why ALL the uis are the same ugly buttons or unchangeable. Why is it to find something that works i have to use someone else set up!
argggg
02-09-14, 09:41 PM   #9
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
Unless you're using KgPanels for something else, you might try doing this with Discord Art. The first DART screenshot is a larger (visible) version of Phanx' recommendation, clicking anywhere on the button bar background will not cause the target to change.

Create a DART frame (or more if you have button bars spread apart), make it/them the size and width you want to go behind your buttons and move it/them into place. Set the Alpha to zero so you can't see the frame(s).

It should be that simple.

Last edited by Fizzlemizz : 02-10-14 at 12:39 AM.
02-10-14, 01:43 PM   #10
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by kasca View Post
Iam at a loss. I hate kg panels. As far as i can tell there nothing harder to use =( Ikryed changeing a btex panel to do this. I cant get it to work. I dont understand lua at all. I dont understand why ALL the uis are the same ugly buttons or unchangeable. Why is it to find something that works i have to use someone else set up!
You don't need to know anything about Lua to use kgPanels. You just create a panel, give it the desired size, drag it to the desired location on the screen, and change its level until it's behind the button. Since you don't want it to be visible, and you don't want it to do anything when clicked on, there's nothing else you need to do. You can completely ignore the boxes where you could type in Lua scripts -- you don't need to touch those boxes. Just leave them blank.

If you are unable or unwilling to configure any addons yourself, then using someone else's configuration is really your only option. No addon author can read your mind to know exactly what you want, especially when what you want is 100% dependent on the rest of your UI setup. There is simply no way for an addon to magically know which buttons you want "dead zones" around, and be set up perfectly for your needs by default.

I guess your other option would be to find a friend who is willing to set up the addons for you, or write a custom addon for you, but they would need a copy of your entire UI, and they would have to re-do it every time you changed something in your UI, so they'd have to be a pretty good friend to want to do that much work.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Target Change