06-14-06, 07:54 AM   #1
blaising
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Inventory Hawk

Download: Inventory Hawk

Inventory Hawk is an incredibly dynamic display of certain inventory items you wish to keep on display. It also allows for right click actions, including crafting actions, on the item. You can set goals, conversion amounts, warning levels...

It is a must have for Herbalist, Miners, Skinners. After using it, you will not know how to live without it.
06-22-06, 10:07 PM   #2
brknsoul
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Excellent addon, just one small gripe, can you make it so the "Inventory Hawk" title is placed behind all other windows? When I open any panel, the list hides but the title is still over the top of the panel.

Again, excellent mod.

EDIT: Here's a visual example of the problem;

<Image Removed>

Last edited by brknsoul : 08-15-06 at 05:04 AM.
06-22-06, 10:09 PM   #3
blaising
A Fallenroot Satyr
Hmmm...Will look into that and hope to have that fixed with the next update.
06-22-06, 10:15 PM   #4
brknsoul
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by blaising
Hmmm...Will look into that and hope to have that fixed with the next update.
Cool, thanks (edited my prev. post with pic)

EDIT:

A couple of other suggestions;

-Have an option to remove the border around the Title,
-Make the border resize with the font size and title length,
-Have an option to hide the title altogether, and prehaps show on mouse-over like the chat tabs.

Last edited by brknsoul : 06-22-06 at 10:53 PM.
06-22-06, 11:20 PM   #5
blaising
A Fallenroot Satyr
-Have an option to remove the border around the Title

..Ok, that shouldn't be a problem.

-Make the border resize with the font size and title length

..Will look into this, I have had some issues with getting the right Font sizes for the API, hopefully that has been fixed since I first tried it.

-Have an option to hide the title altogether, and prehaps show on mouse-over like the chat tabs.

..So are you saying show the list but hide the title button? And only show it on mouse over like the General chat tab...That doesn't sound too hard but it will take some time...work and play get it the way...
06-22-06, 11:22 PM   #6
blaising
A Fallenroot Satyr
By the way, The fix for having the button show above all has been put up for download. 1.11.00-2.
06-23-06, 12:24 AM   #7
brknsoul
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
By the way, The fix for having the button show above all has been put up for download. 1.11.00-2.
Cool! Thanks for fixing it so quickly.
06-23-06, 10:30 AM   #8
astronuts
A Kobold Labourer
No Tooltips?

This addon is great (though I wish you were still supporting TitanPanel.) Maybe you can add an option that allows it to sit ON TOP of the Titan Panel, then I can pretend they are integrated?

Also, the popup when clicking the button is great! Can we get an opaque framed window or something so we don't have to have a clear space above it to be able to read the items?

Thanks!

Last edited by astronuts : 06-23-06 at 10:45 AM.
06-24-06, 10:44 AM   #9
blaising
A Fallenroot Satyr
Titan Hawk

@astronuts: Check out Titan Hawk, this is a wrapper for Inventory Hawk to work with Titan Panel. Some people have had issues with it though, but I have never had a problem.
06-26-06, 08:14 AM   #10
blaising
A Fallenroot Satyr
Update: 1.11.00-3

Version 1.11.00-3
New Features:
* Autohide list. (is back)
* Autohide Title button.
* Change transparency of main list background.
* Change transparency of Title button background.
06-27-06, 03:01 AM   #11
brknsoul
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Looks pretty sweet, thanks for incoporating my suggestions! Now I can just sit it in a corner and not have it in the way of anything ;-)
06-27-06, 10:13 AM   #12
blaising
A Fallenroot Satyr
My pleasure, I appreaciate your input.
06-27-06, 10:19 AM   #13
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver

Font scaling and console reloadui probs

Over time the size of the inventory text gets small - sometimes i can just hover my cursor over each individual item i am watching and the text grows. other times it does not.

Also- with a /console reloadui the text dissappears and i get what i can only describe as a bounding box for the items - a semitransparent light greay rectangle under the title the extends over half of the screen.
06-27-06, 03:10 PM   #14
blaising
A Fallenroot Satyr
@Farlin: I am looking into both issues.

I have fixed both issues, but in doing so, I had to make a bit of changes. They will actually make IH function and look a bit better, but require a lot of testing and debugging. Look for the fixes and changes in the next update.

Last edited by blaising : 06-28-06 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Update:
06-29-06, 11:29 AM   #15
blaising
A Fallenroot Satyr
Version 1.11.00-4

!! IMPORTANT !! Do not use this version with Titan Hawk. I am in the process of making a compatible version.

Version 1.11.00-4
Fixes:
* Improper reloading when using /console reloadui.
* Item fonts changing when you mouse over them.
* Title button now properly adjust to text and money sizes.
* Money icons now scale to font size.
* Background now shows under the Empty Slots button.
06-30-06, 04:16 AM   #16
brknsoul
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Smile

!! IMPORTANT !! Do not use this version with Titan Hawk. I am in the process of making a compatible version.

Version 1.11.00-4
Fixes:
* Improper reloading when using /console reloadui.
* Item fonts changing when you mouse over them.
* Title button now properly adjust to text and money sizes.
* Money icons now scale to font size.
* Background now shows under the Empty Slots button.
Cool, looks sweet, again! ;-)

Looks like you fixed another problem, I was having trouble adding new items (either my drag n dropping, or manually) in -3, but that seem fixed in -4. Also, now that the font sizes don't change when mousing over items, this is fast becoming one solid little addon. ;-)

Oh, I didn't check whether it was fixed in -4 yet, but -3 wouldn't Hide the list on clicking the Title Button.

Also, could you add slash commands, like /ih, or /ihawk
Help: Displays IH help
Reset: Resets IH's position
Disable, Enable: Disable, Enable IH
ClearList: Clears IH's List (prehaps with confirmation box)
Hide, Show: Hide, Show IH, incase you've hidden the list, and put the button on show-on-mouseover, and can't remember where you've put the button.
About: Info about addon, a little shameless advertising, and prehaps memory usage.

.. and anything else, that you can think of ;-)

EDIT: Oh! Oh! Another idea! (just full of em, today, eh?)

Prehaps makes little scripts or something that auto adds catagories and items for certain classes/professions

Rogue: Poisons
Tailor: Cloths and Bolts
Skinner: Leathers and Hides
Miner: Ores and Bars

Herbs might be a little much, since there's so many herbs out there.. up to you, i guess lol
and maybe enchanting reagents, and class reagents (candles, seeds, etc, etc).

You could add these scripts into the slash commands (/ihawk AutoFill ScriptName or /ihawk AutoFill Help for list of scripts) rather than cluttering the menus..

lol, I think i'm all idea'd out now..

Last edited by brknsoul : 06-30-06 at 04:26 AM.
06-30-06, 07:02 AM   #17
blaising
A Fallenroot Satyr
"Oh, I didn't check whether it was fixed in -4 yet, but -3 wouldn't Hide the list on clicking the Title Button."

You're right, that is broken now. I will have that fixed with the next version 1.11.00-6.

Also, I'll add your suggested /slash commands. As for the scripts...ugh, that would be a pain in the arse. Not to say it can't be done, but to be done correctly, I would need to rewrite the way the list is created. Right now it is just an arbitrary list, to get something like that together I would need to create an organizable list of categories, like a quest list.
06-30-06, 11:55 PM   #18
blaising
A Fallenroot Satyr
Version 1.11.00-6

Version 1.11.00-6
New Features:
* EngInventory compatible
* Expanded slash commands.
* Compatible with Titan Hawk 1.11.00-0 (actually works with Titan Panel).
Fixes:
* Click list hide feature.
07-02-06, 01:01 AM   #19
brknsoul
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
"Oh, I didn't check whether it was fixed in -4 yet, but -3 wouldn't Hide the list on clicking the Title Button."

You're right, that is broken now. I will have that fixed with the next version 1.11.00-6.

Also, I'll add your suggested /slash commands. As for the scripts...ugh, that would be a pain in the arse. Not to say it can't be done, but to be done correctly, I would need to rewrite the way the list is created. Right now it is just an arbitrary list, to get something like that together I would need to create an organizable list of categories, like a quest list.
LOL. Just a suggestion. No need to actually do it, I tend to just spout out things, I definately don't expect any of them to come to fruition. I understand how difficult they would be to do, but after a while, you'll have IH at a place where you'll like it, and you won't have to spend time upgrading it. Scripted Lists could just be something to do on a lazy saturday afternoon, or maybe when WoW's down for maintenance.

Thanks for fixing the Click-Title-Hide feature. IH kinda gets in the way when healing a 40man raid. ;-) Maybe I should just get a bigger LCD, 19" would be nice, more real estate, and I won't have half my screen filled with Raid Groups. LOL.
07-02-06, 03:28 AM   #20
enitjus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Just a bit of a question / possible bug report.

How is the bank reporting meant to work?

For me is doesn't (or at least doesn't seem to :P) It simply has no visible effect at all, still listing 0 item count and full goal even when said items are in bank.

Now my bank frame *IS* replaced with bagnon. Is this an incompatiblity?

If so and I provide you with a wrapper that would add this to work, are you willing to insert others code into your mod? (Might seem silly to you users out there, but some authors want there products to be 100% there own.)

If you answer those like I think you will, and stop updating so bloody often :P I'd have no problem adding compatiblity for the bagnon mod set.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Inventory Hawk