06-13-05, 02:54 AM   #81
cyatis
A Murloc Raider

Thanks again

I downloaded version .97 and took a look.

Overall it looks very good. I liked your adds to the mod.

First, I noticed the alt character box. So, I tried it. I assume it isn't finished as it dechecks itself.

It also gave me the [] thing. I don't consider that a big deal, though I'm sure you'd like it gone eventually. Open the window twice and no worries.

I tried it on all the tradeskills with the items I currently had. Usually it worked fine though it had a few issues. (Last section of post.)

Lastly, I got out my hunter and looked at the teach pet skills window. It was empty, however my pet knew all of the skills I could teach it. So, I went to stable my pet, and get one that I could teach something to. Well in my stable was a level 11 cat, that I had completely forgotten about several months ago. He knew nothing and the list was completely there for him to be taught which isn't likely at all. I can't remember if the window ever showed what the pet already knew as its been to long. However for purposes of teaching a pet something new it seemed to work fine.
-------------
Some things I noticed. - Maybe a clue to the same thing.

1. The mod doesn't always seem to update correctly. If you move items from the bank window to the inventory or vise versa with the tradeskill window open you can foul the numbers it displays with various results.
2. The mod sometimes failed to detect items in the bank which typically results in 0's for items that are supposed to be in the bank. This happened with blacksmithing, alchemy, and enchanting. I assume its not related to which tradeskill it is.

Going to the bank usually fixes the missing bank items problem. I don't know why it does that. I can log in right after going to the bank and it remembers. Though it has forgotten again, so it doesn't appear to be a one time deal.

Of course it would be nice to know when it forgot. It's hard to know if data is lost, not being acquired though it is there, rewritten upon doing something else, or related to some other game event without knowing when to look. Neither of the above issues break the mod long term.

I left this post just fyi. I'd like to have been more specific (the mod does this when you do that), unfortunately I have to make a living and simply ran out of time.
---

Once again -

Thanks for coding this,
Cyatis

06-13-05, 07:37 AM   #82
marypnj
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by cyatis
I downloaded version .97 and took a look.
Lastly, I got out my hunter and looked at the teach pet skills window. It was empty, however my pet knew all of the skills I could teach it. So, I went to stable my pet, and get one that I could teach something to. Well in my stable was a level 11 cat, that I had completely forgotten about several months ago. He knew nothing and the list was completely there for him to be taught which isn't likely at all. I can't remember if the window ever showed what the pet already knew as its been to long. However for purposes of teaching a pet something new it seemed to work fine.
-------------
Some things I noticed. - Maybe a clue to the same thing.

1. The mod doesn't always seem to update correctly. If you move items from the bank window to the inventory or vise versa with the tradeskill window open you can foul the numbers it displays with various results.
2. The mod sometimes failed to detect items in the bank which typically results in 0's for items that are supposed to be in the bank. This happened with blacksmithing, alchemy, and enchanting. I assume its not related to which tradeskill it is.

Going to the bank usually fixes the missing bank items problem. I don't know why it does that. I can log in right after going to the bank and it remembers. Though it has forgotten again, so it doesn't appear to be a one time deal.

Thanks for coding this,
Cyatis
I also play a hunter and had the same thing with pet training. Pulled out my higer level huntress from moth balls and grabbed a few new pets to see. If there are skills to be learned the list appears but with each skill learned, it disappears til the box is empty. I then disabled KCET, just to be sure this was not something Bliz did in the patch and the list remains but grayed out for known skills.

In addition, I use BibMod to move my windows around and all my skill windows are moveable EXCEPT the enchantment and pet training windows. Not sure if this is related to KCET or not. The training window is not an issue but the enchantment is a pain since it covers the trade window and I have to select the enchant, close the window and restore the trade window Anyone else have this?

Thank you again for all the time you've obviously put into this..... you are my IDOL

06-13-05, 07:42 AM   #83
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
hehe, np. the [] seems to happen first time you open the screen, and I've only experianced it once per tradeskill per character.

The bank issue seems to be coming from the fact that it'll update the bag totals, but the bank totals don't update. I 'should' have a fix for this soon, I actually havn't updated the KCI in the zip for a while. And I really need to get back in there and work on it some more.

The alts thing wasn't done at the time I release .97 because I had to rush it out. I'm working on it now.

I've added a check into .98, which I hope to release tonight or maybe tommorow, that will show when there is no bank data stored for a given character.

I've noticed a couple of inconsistancies in KCI and I'm going to do a lot of work on it.

Thanks for the feedback!

Kael

06-13-05, 07:45 AM   #84
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Originally Posted by marypnj
I also play a hunter and had the same thing with pet training. Pulled out my higer level huntress from moth balls and grabbed a few new pets to see. If there are skills to be learned the list appears but with each skill learned, it disappears til the box is empty. I then disabled KCET, just to be sure this was not something Bliz did in the patch and the list remains but grayed out for known skills.

In addition, I use BibMod to move my windows around and all my skill windows are moveable EXCEPT the enchantment and pet training windows. Not sure if this is related to KCET or not. The training window is not an issue but the enchantment is a pain since it covers the trade window and I have to select the enchant, close the window and restore the trade window Anyone else have this?

Thank you again for all the time you've obviously put into this..... you are my IDOL

Typing /kcet disable should remove all effect it has from the UI. so if you can't move it when its disabled then Its probably something to do with blizzard and their stuff. I think I know why it does that particular behavior on the pet window though.... I'll see if I can't put a fix into .98

06-13-05, 09:18 PM   #85
Kvaren
A Murloc Raider
Lag

I love this mod and what you are doing with it. Playing with it tonight though, I have been having some lag issues. As soon as the tradeskill window is open, the game starts to stutter and lag.

For tradeskills, I have your mod, sort enchant, and the enchantdb mod beta (ui.worldofwar.net). I'll try a game without the other tradeskill mods when next I log in and report back.

06-13-05, 11:46 PM   #86
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
hmm... well what happens is when the window is opened I cache all the craft data to remove lag while its open. Now I don't have any consitant lag problems on mine with .97 but I'm not running enchantDB. If you could leave the window open for a little bit and see if the lag clears up. I just looked at enchantDB and I don't see anything that 'should' mess with my mod.

try running it without EDB or SE and see what happens and please let me know.

Thanks,

Kael

06-14-05, 12:04 AM   #87
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Ok, I lied, I found in the beta section he does mess with function hooking. I'm guessing that something he does in there 'might' be the issue.

06-14-05, 03:17 AM   #88
lochnar
A Murloc Raider
getting an error with .97

I get this error interacting with both vendors and quest givers. It is somewhat random. It will happen one time I open the NPC and then not the next. I have not been able to track down anything specific that causes it. The error is:

[string "Interface\AddOns\KC_EnhancedTrades\KC_Enhan..."]:633: attempt to concatenate local 'vendorInvMake' (a nil value)

Is anyone else getting this?

This is a must have addon for me. Thank you very much for the effort you have put in writing it!

06-14-05, 07:28 AM   #89
Kvaren
A Murloc Raider
The lag issue is only intermittantly repeatable. Sometimes it is smooth ass silk, sometimes not. In those instances when things run poorly, a /console reloadui tends to clear things up. I'm not sure if this would suggest a conflict with another mod or not.

I'll try after work without EnchantDB and see if I can get it to lag again. This was with 0.97, for the record. Thanks for the prompt replies and committed development. Nice work.

06-14-05, 08:37 AM   #90
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
I think I've gotten that nil bug worked out... One thing that I will say is that my next version is a few days coming most likely. I'm writing a whole data cache system for the data I pull. This system should hopefully clear up 99% of the lag problems associated with KCET.

06-14-05, 01:47 PM   #91
liverbugg
A Defias Bandit
I've been messing around more and I've noticed some items I can't make any of show [~$~] after them, but others show [0] like it should. I saw this with Linen and Wool bots in tailoring as well as some random enchantments, and all the wands, rods, and leather/thorium in enchanting. After toggleing smart on and off a few times and opening and closing the window a few times the display went back to normal for tailoring, but enchanting is still messed.

Also, a minor issue, the text for the check box for can't be made with i+b+v+alts falls off the side of the window by 4 chars or so.

EDIT: just logged onto an alt and I see the [~$~] for cured light hide in Leatherworking too. And the window was empty until I opened and closed it and 2nd time after messing with the KC options, then it had [] until the 3rd time. Also my first aid window is showing this "Linen Bandage [-1/*]"

Last edited by liverbugg : 06-14-05 at 02:03 PM.

06-14-05, 06:26 PM   #92
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
what your describing is 'features' of blizzards anti data mining. Its not currently possible for me to overcome this using a script(or at least I don't know how yet) but basically one the ~$~ ones or the -1 ones click on that recipie wait for it to load and then it should fix itself when you reopen the window.

I'm going to try a few things to see if I can get this to be done automatically. but don't count on it.

The letters falling off, that sounds like a ui scale issue, whats yours set too?

06-14-05, 11:16 PM   #93
liverbugg
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Kaelten
The letters falling off, that sounds like a ui scale issue, whats yours set too?
I haven't changed the scaleing of anything.

06-14-05, 11:41 PM   #94
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
hmm, I'll look at it, I know on my screen it doesn't do that but my UI scale is set to 90%(and I have no idea how it got there, I never changed it etiher)

06-15-05, 09:42 PM   #95
Knitefire
A Defias Bandit
Custom filter

Hey Kaelten,

First of all I just wanted to say great addon its awsome for enchanter.

I have a request though, would it be posible to do a custom text filter and lvl filter.

Basicly i wana filter out all but one word, like Bracers . My talor needs the ability to filter lvl information two, its a pain that wow doesn't suport this feature as default.

Tell me what you think.

Knitefire

06-15-05, 11:44 PM   #96
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
lvl information?

06-16-05, 12:24 AM   #97
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Version .98 is out! and its a dusy

Patch 0.98 -

BUG FIXES: and lots of em.

NEW FEATURE: I implemented the + alts column, give a brother some feedback on it!

NEW FEATURE: You'll now see a little Red line in the middle of your screen on load if KCI hasn't seen your bank yet.

DATACACHING: I completely redid the datacaching, I attempted to cache only the info you need as you need it, but if you need it again before it would change it won't pull it again. This should fix both the in scroll lag and on create lag/load lag.

CHANGE: Smart now checks to see if all the columns you have showing have the same value.

CHANGE: Previously options were saved per character by default, now they are saved globably by default. To change this to the per character mode type "/ace profile char KC_EnhancedTrades" I hope to offer a option on the gui for this soon.

IMPROVEMENT: I fixed bank updating so that when your standing at the bank and take something out yoru bank totals get updated then and there.

PET TRAINING: I fixed this finally I think, When the Beast Training window opens I completely let go of the CraftFrame and pick it back up when you close the window. So all Beast Training bugs should be moot at this point.

BROKEN: Hehe, the new version of ace has my dialog commands broken temporarly, I'll have this fixed in .99.

06-16-05, 12:37 AM   #98
G00DFe77a
A Defias Bandit
When I click on the link to download, it tells me I'm not authorized to view the page?

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=3974

06-16-05, 12:49 AM   #99
snild
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by G00DFe77a
When I click on the link to download, it tells me I'm not authorized to view the page?

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=3974
Yeah, I get same error! Would like to test this addon out.

06-16-05, 01:18 AM   #100
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
try now, the mods have to approve updates. ITs been approved now and you should be able to get it no problem.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Beta Testers Wanted - KC_EnhancedTrades - Pinky Enhanced Tradeskills ReWrite