06-20-05, 05:53 PM   #21
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
actually you can, its in the lua file near the top should see a line that says version = "0.98d" I'll probably clean up my comments some before I release again so this is a little more noticable.

Anyone that needs what they want
And doesn't want what they need
I want nothing to do with
06-23-05, 10:35 AM   #22
seph
A Kobold Labourer
Kaelten,

With KCET .98d, when I login with my character and get my various startup mod messages in my chat window, one of them happens to be "Ace Addon Initialization Complete", followed by another line "(1 addons have Ace version mismatches)". This last lin in red text. Now I know a little bit of code myself, and figured out this is because the internal compat version of Ace with the mod is 100, and the aceCompatible in KC_Items is still set to 99 (although KC_EnhancedTrades is indeed set to 100). This looks like what is causing the message from above. Just thought I'd post here about it and let you know in case this was not by design.
06-23-05, 12:21 PM   #23
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
yep that is the problem I forgot to update KCI's version number when Ace went public. but there is no conflicts of any kind other than that message which is just a warning of user beware nature.

I'm not going to put out a e for this particulary since its a very minor thing and not causing any bugs.

I'll make sure to fix this in the next version though, which I hope to have out within a week or so.

06-23-05, 07:37 PM   #24
Cluey
A Fallenroot Satyr
hi Kaelten,
I have got the 0.98d version now and have been testing the frong reagents showing up etc...
It doesn't seem to happen with tailoring anymore but it does with enchanting.
I assume this is because SortEnchant is not bug free so I will work around it for now. It is not happening everytime with it now and even though I tried I could not work out what to do to get the wrong stuff to show up. It is something to do with different enchant locations and once I got an incorrect one all of the others within that tree, like cloak, would all show the same reagents although the line saying which rod you needed did change.
I think the way around this is patience, as in I will work around it untill you implement it yourself

Now the other thing I have noticed which you can fix, well at least I assume you can as it is something you have added, is the little + button for sorting the filters.
I have my craft frames, quest log and guild tab set to mobile, it means I can craft items while scanning the AH and work out where I am heading next
What I have noticed is that your little + will always be visable, as in I can move my quest log over my tailoring frame and I can see the + even though I have another frame over the tailoring one, the rest of tailoring is hidden but not that button

Otherwise everything is great.
I find it great that you are so active in responce to suggestions and sorting out any bugs we find, so thanks again
06-23-05, 08:56 PM   #25
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
hmm, well I'll try setting the strata on some other settings and seeing if the + sign will go away. biggest problem with this right now is that I have to be able to make it show on the tradeskill frame.

Might be a couple of other ways to fix this as well I'll play with it and see what I can get working.

I appriciate the compliments and the votes of confidence. I also hope that my goals are not so ambitious as to make them ungainable, but without ambition there is no progress.

Keep the feedback coming in, It'll probably be a week or so before .99.

The problem with sort enchant probbly comes from the fact that I was not able to implement data cache flushing ike I was able to in the other since natively the CraftFrame doesn't have headers.

I'll see if I can't improve on this for .99 as well.

Thanks again!

06-24-05, 12:36 AM   #26
Cluey
A Fallenroot Satyr
Its times like this my nick is only appropriate in a sarcastic way, much like how I scored it

Not sure what the lack of headers really means but if you deem it important it must be

With the + button I forgot to mention that it is still clickable and if you do, it works how you would expect it to but it doesn't bring the trade frame to the front.
I will hazard a guess here, as I remember reading about the level of frames somewhere, that the button has a different level making it always on top. Not being all that cluey when it comes to stuff I have not looked into, I am wondering if the button and associated config pane are in fact another frame which is positioned located in relation to the trade frame. If this is correct then ... thinking about this I can see why it might be hard ...
This is where I need to know more about how it all works to be able to offer more help.

A simple way around it, so we are not dealing with bugs from a different mod, would be an option to disable it easily. Maybe an on/off button for the enchanting frame?
I can turn off sort enchant but then I can't find what I am looking for!
So it is more important for me to be able to find the enchant than it is to know which ones I can do, when you can't level a skill anymore knowing what you can make is less important.
I expect this could be just because of the nature of enchanting as a lot of it is based on requests.
So I need to find the enchant and then if I don't have the reagents on me, which happens a lot as you don't often do much enchanting when you are not near a bank , I could toggle on your mod and it would tell me.
Of course I could always look the old fashion way but if I did it that way I wouldn't be using any mods at all!

I feel I may have rambled a little to much then but its hard to describe a thought process in text, well it is for me.
Let me know if you want or need more.
06-24-05, 04:00 AM   #27
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
well I have an idea on the + sign thing. And your right for the most part,

The + sign isn't actually a frame but i think I did give it a frame strata, I'm going to try to adj that and see if that works, and if that doesn't I'm going to try to make it disapear if the Craft/Tradeskil frame loses focus.

You can type /kcet enable/disable at any time to drop/add KCET's functionality at anytime.

just click the tradeskill after toggling kcet and then it'll get updated.

I'm going to have alot of small tweaks coming out in .99 including:

1) autohide the + button if possible,
2) + button won't show up if KCET is diabled.
3) more responsive closing of the config screen when you close the other screen.
4) ability to disable invetory data collection(keep in mind this will prevent the alt column from working with your alts inventory data).
5) Enhanced functionality in the KCI library. and the start of new features there at least, going to try to get a /kcet rundown function up and working so you can figure out where your reagents are.
6) if not in .99 then by 1.0 I'm going to have full localization support. But I need TRANSLATORS! lol I speak english and bad english and thats about it, unless lua counts as a spoken language.

Right now I'm doing a complete rewrite of KCI. Which won't take too much longer then I'll intergrate it into KCET and we can go from there.

I won't force any new features on KCET users with KCI. However I have plans to add a bank viewer, alt inventory / bank viewer, TextLink viewer, and rundown modules.

KCI is going completely modular and the version that comes with KCET will always be a bare bone setup. (I keep calling it the Gimped version in my head)

I'm offering a module aproach like this to offer as much or as little as is needed by my users without having anything they don't want stuffed down their throats. But at the same time KCI offers superior storage savings over any of the other link or item storage mods I've seen.

On the ItemsMatrix DB(roughly 17000 items) I manged a 35% storage reduction in the saved variables file, I'll admit I didn't save the slot(ie Head, shield, chest, axe, sword) type info but that info actually takes up very little room This reduction in space also carries over to the bank and inventory storage as those two modules take advantage of KC_Items and not storing redundent data.

Heh, I guess I'm doing my best to satisfy everybody. I just know deep down inside that thats not going to be possible... but what the hell. I'll give it my best go.

06-24-05, 04:02 AM   #28
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Does the sort enchant error have any corrolation to the +/- button on the screen there that shrinks/expands all categories?

06-24-05, 05:40 AM   #29
Arouin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Customization

Hello

I've recently switched over to your Mod from Pinky's. So far so good! One thing I'd like though, is the ability to choose whether I want the helper text to show or not.

What I'm referring to is the i/i+v/i+v+b etc... that shows at the top of a trade window. It's nice to have it there as I do frequently forget. However, it also looks cluttered and ugly. So I'd like the ability to hide/unhide it at will. Is this possible?

Also, I concur with the idea up above about showing counts for what you have in your inventory, bank and on alts in the tooltip. That would a GREAT help. I can't believe someone hasn't done it yet! And if they have, I've totally missed it o.O

*Arouin

Last edited by Arouin : 08-09-05 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Quick fix
06-25-05, 03:20 AM   #30
Cluey
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Kaelten
Does the sort enchant error have any corrolation to the +/- button on the screen there that shrinks/expands all categories?
Yes and no, I think!
One of the bugs in SortEnchant which the author has been requested to fix is the bracer tree expanding and colapsing by itsself
I always colapse everything so I can find the section I want without scrolling too much, there are a lot of enchants available and I think I am only missing 6-8 of them now.
Next time I am on I will try it without colapsing everything and see if there are less bugs in the reagents list. I have mostly finished moving house now so I should get a bit more time

I did notice a similar thing with leatherworking last night but as I was tired I can only guess at what triggered it.
Again with leatherworking I have nearly all of the patterns available for a tribal leatherworker, I have been collecting them
When I want to find something specific I will sort it by location, I was looking for a bracer pattern for a lower level character a friend is playing and this is when I noticed the reagents were wrong, closing and opening the trade fixed it but I can't remember if I had to do this once or twice

I will update you when I get a bit more play time in.
06-25-05, 09:41 AM   #31
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
kk,

Any errors of this type are basically due to the index of an item changing and the dataCache I made to prevent lag not being flushed out promptly.

The datacache has been a wonderful thing but is a two edged sword.

So basically everytime a header is changed I need to flush the cache, every time you open or close the window its also flushed. (providing that there is not a window open before that).

I've finished my rewrite of the crucial portions of KCI and I'll be starting to polish up KCET for a .99 release.

In this I'll also try to make sure that I'm flushing the cache at all the important junctions.

I'm pretty sure I flush it if the little sub headers are clicked in enchanting(now the bug in sort enchant, I'm not sure if thats going to flush out the cache or not). I couldn't find where to trigger the flush from the main collapse/expand all button in sortenchant though. I'll do some more digging before .99

06-30-05, 02:54 AM   #32
Slug32
A Defias Bandit
Right

First off... great mod!!!

ok, I may be a complete dunce but I am battling here.... I am using Sort Enchant to make finding things easier in the enchant window.... when using this with KC_EnhancedTRade skills I get loads of errors, one weird one referencing the FrameTradeSkill folder... which as far as I know nothing uses.

Anyways, more concerning is that the lag on the ingridirnets is HUGE.. take Sort Enchant out of the picture and it works fine?

Any ETA on some Sort Enchant funcionality built into this?

Thx
Slug
PS Brilliant Work.. keep it up
06-30-05, 10:26 AM   #33
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
do you have any other mods installed, like the longer tradeskill frame, I heard that there is some issues with that mod.

I run with sort enchant I havn't received any errors.

I'd suggest turning off the alt functionality or try turning up your addon memory just a little bit, if the garbage collector is running to often it can cause lag.

Oh, and on sorting options, those are most likely not going to come in before 1.0

Last edited by Kaelten : 06-30-05 at 10:06 PM.
06-30-05, 10:45 PM   #34
Slug32
A Defias Bandit
boohoo

Memory used for addons is 128MB

I have removed all addons except yours, ACE and sortenchant.....

Still get an error asking for a tradeskill frame

/sigh
07-01-05, 12:20 AM   #35
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
hmm, can you post the actual error message?

07-01-05, 01:25 AM   #36
Slug32
A Defias Bandit
Doing a total re-install of WoW..... will post if still occurs

edit : it does still occur - when tryin gto collapse "All"

Brand new install - latest patch

Addons ( all latest versions)

Ace
KC_EnhancedTrades
KC_Items
SortEnchant

http://www.imgsharing.com/uploads/1120203671error.JPG
http://www.imgsharing.com/uploads/1120204104error2.JPG

Last edited by Slug32 : 07-01-05 at 01:48 AM.
07-02-05, 09:08 AM   #37
leftler
A Murloc Raider
I know you are still working out the kinks in the interface but with the tooltip sugestions i gave EnhTooltip a look at and it looks like it could help. This is what Auctioner and the enchantrix 2.0 beta is useing.

EDIT: forgot to add a link to the project page, its shared with Auctioneer .
Attached Files
File Type: zip EnhTooltip.zip (8.1 KB, 543 views)

Last edited by leftler : 07-02-05 at 09:15 AM.
07-02-05, 10:17 AM   #38
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Ah, yep, I have a known issue with sort enchants 'collapse all' I'm going to try to work out that kink on the next patch.

I'll look at enchtooltip as well.

07-03-05, 12:58 AM   #39
Cluey
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Kaelten
Ah, yep, I have a known issue with sort enchants 'collapse all' I'm going to try to work out that kink on the next patch.

I'll look at enchtooltip as well.
Well I have been playing a lot recently and I haven't come across anything else to add to what I have mentioned

@Slug32
Grab yourself ImprovedErrorFrame, it is included with Cosmos and also available by itsself from here:
http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=170
It is great for just after a patch as it hides and quest any errors up untill you click on the button to view the errors
It also lets you highlight the error text so you can copy and paste it.
A lot easier than screenshots to report the error text
07-03-05, 02:15 AM   #40
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
got .99 up. I know there are somethings in this release that people will find handy.

Patch 0.99 -

Well not sure if I got everything I wanted to in this release but I got some of the major things working.

FIX: Should now work with SortEnchant's collapse all.

FIX: Option button has been moved but should no longer peak above other frames if used with something like MoveAnything or MobileFrames.

ADDED: /kcet rundown <pattern> this replaces the old /tsf <item name> . rundown in my opinion is supiorer to spamming your chat screen as it opens it own little window. rundown is technically part of KCI but if the rundown module is present the KCET intergrates with it. ( this intergration should become more pronounced as time goes on)

FIX: Data will only be taken into account from characters that are in your faction. I.E. your nightelfs aclhemny won't care that your turan happens to have 5 oily blackmouth. While no data was orphaned due to this fix you will need to log into a character before it will be taken into account for its inventory contents, and revist the bank with that character if you wanted to know its bank contents.

CHANGE: One big change underthehood so to speak is that KCI got a complete overhaul, its modulized and I have posted at http://kaelcycle.wowinterface.com all modules that have been completeed to a testing point.

There may have been a several other fixes. Not sure. Send the feedbacka nd bugs! I'm a waitin for em.

Last edited by Kaelten : 07-03-05 at 02:37 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » KC_EnhancedTrades v0.98 through current