07-06-05, 01:34 AM   #41
Cluey
A Fallenroot Satyr
I updated to this the other day, it was funny as I had checked the my mods for updates and there were none and then I had to do it again for a friend and you had updated!
I guess I got it shortly after you posed it and neither of us have had any strange things happen which would have caused us to try and work out what just happened.

So thats got to be great news for you

I haven't done much enchanting recently so I had better warm the rod up and do some testing for you, I don't expect to find anything as you are rather good at this mod making stuff
07-06-05, 02:33 AM   #42
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
hehe, I just hope I fixed the problems with sort enchants collapse all

Anyone that needs what they want
And doesn't want what they need
I want nothing to do with
07-07-05, 12:55 PM   #43
Saion
A Murloc Raider
thanks for a great addon, possible auctioneer conflict

i'm happy to see your future additions list has several things i'm wanting.

right now i'm using bettertradeskill for the queueing options,
and i've tried fudging around with the enhancedtradeskillframe xml
to see if i could get it to a modest 16 item height (24 is just too tall)
but thats a bit of a pain to find and figure out height sizing,
although i was close to getting all the dimensions...

i will wait patiently for you excellent addon to do all that and more

i'll make sure and test a bit more thoroughly and get detailed info,
but last night i was getting strange errors on my main where
sometimes i would get an auctioneer error and its enhtooltip data
would stop showing...only thing different was i started using
your addon pack yesterday, and it was mostly occuring in my
trade (engineering) windows when mousing over reagents
and shift clicking stuff, so...i'll let you know if it still happens today.

thanks again. (btw i use the latest cosmos alpha, and keep my other addons updated)
07-07-05, 10:06 PM   #44
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
well on risk of advertising one thing I'd considering recommending would be for you to try out my KC_Items Preview edition. IT covers some of the functionality of Aucitoneer but is much lighter weight. its still in early development but whats there seems to work fairly well.

it is possible that my addon may cause some conflict with auctioneer, as I think I *do* play around with the tooltips some. If you countinue to get these bugs especially if your able to duplicate them on command, please try producing them with either mine or auctioneer's disabled and then try the inverse and see if you still get the same errors.

thanks!

07-08-05, 11:53 PM   #45
Cluey
A Fallenroot Satyr
0.99 not quite there

The error Saion was getting sounds to me like the one I had where if you mouse over one of the reagents for an item but the reagents shown are not the right ones due to the caching you get an error from auctioneer.

I logged in with my enchanter to had a bit of a test and all is not good
I will have to test with just SortEnchant and your mods to make sure its not being overly complicated by something else before being able to give you more info.
At the moment the collapse all button is not doing anything!
I was still getting the wrong reagents shown and couldn't get the right ones to show up even by closing and opening the enchanting window.

We may be fighting a very uphill battle with SortEnchants bugs
I am wondering, at this point, if we should just not worry about it as the more time you spend on trying to work around it the less time you get to spend doing the things you want to do with your mods. How long have you spent trying to work around the bugs and how long do you estimate it would take to integrate its functionality into your mod?

I will try and find some time to do some real testing and see if there are repeatable steps to show the bugs up
07-09-05, 01:13 AM   #46
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
err, I've spent a good bit of problem trying to counter act sort enchant. But its still a ways off in having my own version of this working.

Right now I'm battling with how to display data on my new TradeSkillFrame.

The reason I'm working on this now is many of the features I want to implement would have too be redone from the ground up after I put this in anyway.

I will keep the current version availalbe as kinda a lite version but after new versions come out I don't expect to go back and do much work on the 'lite' version.

I've located much of the problems with lag and I have some new ideas about how to overcome this. However this will also be much easier when the new frame is made.

Well let me know if you can figure out any more specifics about whats causing this small cropping of bugs.

Thanks much!

07-12-05, 04:13 AM   #47
Saion
A Murloc Raider
goblin deviled clams with alt raiding

well, after confirming that rundown shows an alt has the appropriate clam meat for this recipe, and all it needs is hot spices to be purchased, i still get a 0 on a char that can make it, even though an alt has the clam meat. btw other alt supply raiding items seem to be working okay, not sure why this recipe is different.
07-12-05, 04:24 AM   #48
Cluey
A Fallenroot Satyr
I got a chance to test a few things, I have no idea what is going on with SortEnchant's collapse all button but I get this error message:
File: Interface\FrameXML\TradeSkillFrame.lua
Line: 167
Count: 1
Error: Usage: GetTradeSkillInfo(index)
That is with everything else running or just with SE, Imp error and your stuff.
I also got this error a few times:
String: Interface\AddOns\SortEnchant\SortEnchant.lu...
Line: 532
Count: Infinite
Error: Usage: GetCraftReagentItemLink(index, reagentIndex)
But I can't remember what I was doing

I still had the wrong reagents listed for different things depending on what I did, with enchanting there is some very strange behaviour with SE as the bracers catagory colapses and expands itsself. Depending on which state it is in when you open it and then look in other trees depends on you getting the right stuff or not, I also think that while trying to work out what was causing it I think I got a different set of reagents from what I should have got but they did change from what they were!
If that last bit didn't make sense I won't be suprised
I think it might be better if you don't use cache the enchanting skill unless SE is not being used, I don't know how easy it is to do that but it sounds easier than chasing around the bugs in it!

Onto leatherworking, I was looking at what I could make for a friend as upgrades so I was sorting by location of the armour.
I think you need to fluch your cache when that is used as well, at least from what you have said in this thread and how I understand it I think this is the cause of it

Apart from that its is looking good, the + sign for the options is not staying on top of other windows and I like its new location better too

Let me know if you want more info and I will see what I can do.
07-16-05, 08:40 AM   #49
Annwn
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Cluey
I also got this error a few times:

String: Interface\AddOns\SortEnchant\SortEnchant.lu...
Line: 532
Count: Infinite
Error: Usage: GetCraftReagentItemLink(index, reagentIndex)

But I can't remember what I was doing
I've been getting the line 532L GetCraftReagentItemLink error also, it seems to be related to certain recipes...for example I'm currently browsing just the gloves enchants, and Greater agility and Minor haste work fine when I mouseove the reagents needed, but when I go down to any of the lower recipes (those two are the first two in the list) I get the error message.
There doesn't really seem to be any rhyme or reason to it, just checked several other categories of armor and sometimes the first reagents would error out while the next several would not, and some of the recipes all would give errors on. I didn't do a thorough check on every one of them, just the top 5 or 6.

Hopefully this can be fixed easily, but the author seems to have fallen from the face of the planet. I guess I'll live with it as it's only an annoyance.

Last edited by Annwn : 07-16-05 at 08:42 AM.
07-16-05, 08:46 AM   #50
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
well some of the errors may potentiall be fixed in 1.00, however that one error basically means somehow its callhing the wrong function(which is what blizzards default code does sadly).

I'll look into it and see whats up.

07-16-05, 02:27 PM   #51
savyj
A Kobold Labourer
Howdy, thanks for all your hard work, this is a must have mod.

Concerning KCET 1.00, I'm getting an error cocerning AceChatCmd.lua line 217 when I type /kcet. I forget the exact syntax (sorry, already reverted back to KCET .99) but it has something to do with index option being nil. I've traced it back to Ace RC4's changes in the AceChatCmd.lua handling (they're fairly significant). It doesn't look like it's registering the command options correctly. I got this with all other AddOn's disabled except for Ace, KC_Items and KC_EnhancedTrade.

I built an Ace based mod called FlexChat and it breaks mine too (going to Ace RC4), in the exact same manner. Unfortunately, I'm just too inexperienced at lua and not familiar enough with Ace to actually fix the issue. Email me at lord.savyj at google mail if you need any more information.

Last edited by savyj : 07-16-05 at 02:30 PM.
07-16-05, 08:40 PM   #52
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
ya I forgot that turan told me that things where going to change there too and I didn't test em. I'll look into these issues and more and, now that I'm home from work, I'll see what I can do to get everything fixed up.

07-16-05, 09:27 PM   #53
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Originally Posted by Saion
well, after confirming that rundown shows an alt has the appropriate clam meat for this recipe, and all it needs is hot spices to be purchased, i still get a 0 on a char that can make it, even though an alt has the clam meat. btw other alt supply raiding items seem to be working okay, not sure why this recipe is different.
I honestly don't know.

Item quanties are found via a 'Key' that KC Items makes out of the items color, descriptor and short ID number. unless this somehow is different then it should find them.

07-20-05, 03:59 AM   #54
Shalkis
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Having to reclick on recipes

I'm using v1.0a from WoWGuru . This mod has already saved me a lot of time, but it has a small annoying flaw. I often find that many of my alchemy recipies are marked as [0/~$~], even if I have clicked on them before. This might simply be caused by the fact that I don't usually carry all available herbs with me, but instead carry only the most common ones and gather others only when necessary, so the mod doesn't have enough data to work with.

But would it be possible to cache recipe data somewhere? The recipes themselves don't change, the mod has always access to my inventory and my bank account's content can't change while I'm not using the bank.
07-20-05, 10:40 AM   #55
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
sadly this is a 'feature' of blizzards, basically I get a bunch of invalid values from their functions so I decided to show the 0/~ instead, you can 95% rest assured that the anwer is you can only make 0 of it.

I'll look into making bettter things happen in future versions, but at the time there was no way around this.

08-17-05, 03:03 PM   #56
Saion
A Murloc Raider
looks like there's a few people on this site you could team up with

there was some discussion on cosmos forums about a trade skill addon.
pinky's was accidentally referenced when they did actually mean your addon
however somebody had a bit of trouble figuring out which mod i was referring to here
and so they came across TTCraftAddict
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ad.php?id=4105
which has full subitem component listing and creation.

so...maybe you may want to contact them, and see if you can work together.
i know its difficult to work on code as a team or integrate "foreign" code,
but it seems like their addon just has one thing going for it that yours is missing,
so everybody benefits if they can be combined and it saves you time...
maybe...in the long run, hopefully.

(although i must say, i shudder at the thought of processing power taken
every time i open my level 300 engineering window...maybe have an option
to toggle subitem support on when its needed, rather than have it going
all the time would be a good idea, too)

well, anyways, thanks for a great addon

Last edited by Saion : 08-17-05 at 03:05 PM.
09-08-05, 01:15 PM   #57
Teerameesu
A Defias Bandit
Question Possible bug- shows recipe can be used when it cannot

I don't think this would be easy to fix, but I thought I would let you know about it. I can't remember which enchant it is, but it takes (1) Greater Astral Essence, (2) Lesser Astral Essence... I had 1 Greater Astral Essence and KCET showed that I could use this recipe, because I could break the Greater Astral Essence into 3 Lessers... But then I wouldn't have the Greater... Do you see the problem? Depending on how the logic in that part of your code works it miught be easy or hard to fix and it's not major, because few reciped use multiple sizes of the same reagent.

Anyway - great addon keep up the good work.
09-08-05, 05:58 PM   #58
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Originally Posted by Teerameesu
I don't think this would be easy to fix, but I thought I would let you know about it. I can't remember which enchant it is, but it takes (1) Greater Astral Essence, (2) Lesser Astral Essence... I had 1 Greater Astral Essence and KCET showed that I could use this recipe, because I could break the Greater Astral Essence into 3 Lessers... But then I wouldn't have the Greater... Do you see the problem? Depending on how the logic in that part of your code works it miught be easy or hard to fix and it's not major, because few reciped use multiple sizes of the same reagent.

Anyway - great addon keep up the good work.
errr.... freaky... I'll have to see what I can do.

10-15-05, 07:59 AM   #59
bburt
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Exclamation re: v1.1a (just downloaded)

Great addons! tyvm

I am only using this addon (KCET) and just downloaded the most recent v1.1a
I made sure to delete my old KC_EnhancedTrades & KC_Items folders before installing the new version's folders.

After logging into WoW, when looking at the 'AddOns' on the character selection screen, it shows both addons included in this download highlighted in a red color. It says in the tooltip that ACE is required for both.

I thought this deoendancy had been removed. I realize you've been working hard and this might just be a minor mistake. Please let me know...

TY!
10-15-05, 08:06 AM   #60
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
no ace is a required dependency.

I won't make a mod without ace since I'd need most of the code in Ace anyway.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » KC_EnhancedTrades v0.98 through current