08-04-05, 12:46 AM   #1
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
KC_Items v0.90c and beyond

Started a new thread as the old one was no longer 100% applicable.

And I also just wanted to give a heads up, I've discovered a minor flaw with the way I'm storing data. Nothing too major but out in the next patch will be the fix, along with several new features and bug fixes.

Including a optional database that will load your db with ton o stuff. in a small footprint.

Anyone that needs what they want
And doesn't want what they need
I want nothing to do with
08-04-05, 04:41 AM   #2
SaberHawke
A Fallenroot Satyr

I tried you addons over the weekend and they looks promising, but I did find a couple of things annoying.

1. For a new user, I downloaded KC_EnhancedTrades, and KC_Items and Ace. Couldn't tell if the addons that are included in the zips are the updated ones or not or which order to install in without opening the files and looking. Might help to put version number in the addon name so it shows what version I already have installed.
2. No common gui interface or even a listing of command. Have to type 2 commands to see what commands i actually need. Had to go down the list one at a time to find out what command to bring up the item list.
3. Also find it a little overkill to have 3 addons for EnhancedTrades to do the same thing that TradeSkillFrame does in one.
08-04-05, 08:18 AM   #3
Werlii
A Defias Bandit
Can´t wait for your next release using all your addons except for the auction mod as i missed the mesh system from auctioneer to much, but otherwise i would have gone over completly, also still running IM st the same time as yours as some of my tooltips addons complained without it but hopefully soon enough i´ll be able to remove most of them

Keep up the grat work, i´m glad to see someone caring about how large the Savedvariables file gets
08-04-05, 08:57 AM   #4
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
@werlii

I'm looking at providing something in the way of a mesh viewer in the future, what addons where complaining what about missing IM?

@SaberHawke:

I've had to tell people countles times this already but here it goes again:

When I wrote KCET I had to look at how to store bank data and when I decided to include the alt info I also needed a way to store and acces inventory data.

KCET didn't seem like the place for that kinda thing, plus I knew that in the future I may write other addons that would need these types of features. So I broke out all of that part of the project into its own called KC_Items.

Its called Logical Seperation of Code! Which is more efficiant and easier to manage.

Same thing goes to Ace. Ace wasn't even originally developed by me. But whats in it? All the crap code that goes into nearly EVERY project. IT takes care of initialization, chat commands, function hooking, ect. I would practically have to include all the code in ace into both KCET and nearly every module of KCI.

Now if you where refereing to Pinky's EnhancedTradeskills? The code in his is way bloated, and also caused more conflicts with other programs. If you just compare KB size of whats required by KCET to run you'll find that my code is smaller even if there are three folders to which it resides.

As far as your other concern goes.

If you don't want the increased functionality provided by the full KCI project, then all you need to install is the KCET zip file, although you will need to update Ace seperately.

2)I would also like to reiterate that KCI is still in a rapid growth state. Its released primarly as a feedback gatherer and bug finder. Many more things are coming, including keybindings, guis, and minimap buttons.

I'm not saying any of this in a chide or fussing at you, and I hope its not being taken as such. I'm just trying to explain.

08-04-05, 04:36 PM   #5
SaberHawke
A Fallenroot Satyr

OK, good answer.

Could answer the other 2 parts?

1. Version numbers in title. Would make it easier in the future to make sure if update that I am not reverting to an older version.

2. A little better help system. I had to start going down the list of available commands one at a time to find out that /kck linkview showed the items view. That is about 7 or 8 commands.
08-04-05, 09:19 PM   #6
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Originally Posted by SaberHawke
OK, good answer.

Could answer the other 2 parts?

1. Version numbers in title. Would make it easier in the future to make sure if update that I am not reverting to an older version.

2. A little better help system. I had to start going down the list of available commands one at a time to find out that /kck linkview showed the items view. That is about 7 or 8 commands.
1) I'll try to make it a little more apparent. I'm not going to put it in the actuall folder name as this would be a pain to manage, but I'll see what I can do.

2) I'll also try to make this easier including more info reguarding what the various commands do.

08-05-05, 04:28 AM   #7
SaberHawke
A Fallenroot Satyr

If you put the version in the title line inside the toc, it shows up in the addons screen.
08-05-05, 05:58 AM   #8
Werlii
A Defias Bandit
Just did a complete reinstall of WoW as last patch messed up alot of things for me, so will check afterwards, also don´t think your addons are at fault here. Grat work on youre part i´m so excited about next release that i threw IM out anyway
08-05-05, 01:35 PM   #9
Firedancer
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Do you think you can make a linkview option that will sort from highest qual to lowest qual? The current implementation is completely backwards from LL/IM and I just can't get used to it. I'm going to poke my nose around the code to see if I can find where to reverse the values, but I'll likely end up breaking everything in the process.

Of course, if that is already in the mod, then I never saw where to change it. I really like the compactness of this mod vs IM/AM & LL/Auc...the others store way more info than I really want to see.
08-05-05, 09:34 PM   #10
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Originally Posted by Firedancer
Do you think you can make a linkview option that will sort from highest qual to lowest qual? The current implementation is completely backwards from LL/IM and I just can't get used to it. I'm going to poke my nose around the code to see if I can find where to reverse the values, but I'll likely end up breaking everything in the process.

Of course, if that is already in the mod, then I never saw where to change it. I really like the compactness of this mod vs IM/AM & LL/Auc...the others store way more info than I really want to see.
this will be in a future rlease

08-07-05, 10:05 AM   #11
Koga
A Defias Bandit
Not sure why but I've never seen a Wishlist feature in an item program. Here are my ideas on it. They are a little random and unorganized but here they go. The list should be easy to make. As simple as putting a checkmark in the KC Item window next to the item you want on your list. All items in the wishlist would showup in the familiar Teal color you like to use. There should also be a notification in the tooltip to show that this item is whishlisted. Simple command for the wishlist "/wl" that should pull up only what you have on the list and allow you to add/remove items. I'm no programmer or else it'd already be done but I hope that you like the idea enought to use it. Anyways thnx for reading.
08-07-05, 10:15 AM   #12
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Originally Posted by Koga
Not sure why but I've never seen a Wishlist feature in an item program. Here are my ideas on it. They are a little random and unorganized but here they go. The list should be easy to make. As simple as putting a checkmark in the KC Item window next to the item you want on your list. All items in the wishlist would showup in the familiar Teal color you like to use. There should also be a notification in the tooltip to show that this item is whishlisted. Simple command for the wishlist "/wl" that should pull up only what you have on the list and allow you to add/remove items. I'm no programmer or else it'd already be done but I hope that you like the idea enought to use it. Anyways thnx for reading.
hmm, neat idea. I'll look into it.

08-07-05, 12:16 PM   #13
guice
A Cobalt Mageweaver
I get an error when I load up the new version of KC_Items. I assume it's due to your item changes from an older version to the new one: 120: attempt to index local 'items' (a nil value).

I tried to use /kci, but command not found.

Do I need to re-install the old one, wipe the db and then do it again? Or is there an easier way?
08-07-05, 01:07 PM   #14
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Originally Posted by guice
I get an error when I load up the new version of KC_Items. I assume it's due to your item changes from an older version to the new one: 120: attempt to index local 'items' (a nil value).

I tried to use /kci, but command not found.

Do I need to re-install the old one, wipe the db and then do it again? Or is there an easier way?
Make sure you do a fresh install of KCI havn't had anyone else report this bug so far.

08-07-05, 01:10 PM   #15
guice
A Cobalt Mageweaver
How fresh can I make it? I deleted all the KC_ folders and extracted the archive before starting the game up.
08-07-05, 01:26 PM   #16
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
please post the full error message and when I get home I'll have to get in the code and check it out.

Mainly I need to know what file the error is in.

08-07-05, 02:11 PM   #17
guice
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Doesn't give full name (cuts off): KC_Items\core\KC_Items_Cor..."]: 120: attempt to index local `items' (a nil value).

I'll resert my game client and see if that fixes it (resedue items from inside SavedVars?). -- Game restart no fixy.

*Edit; a quick FYI on how this accurded: I had an old version of KC_Items installed. When game was off, I deleted all KC_ folders and extracted the archive and started the game. That's when the errored appeared. I don't know what version I had, but it's what ever version that came with KC_EnchancedTrades 0.97.

Last edited by guice : 08-07-05 at 02:23 PM.
08-08-05, 06:44 PM   #18
Peis
A Fallenroot Satyr
Items Search

First of all, your mod is f***ing rocking to the max!

ok, I was wondering if you were going to implement a more advanced Items Search in KC_Items in LinkView. Kinda like lootlink has, where you can search by level range, by partial names (like instead of writing "Shadowcraft Boots" you'd write "Shadowcraft" or if you wanna have a long search "boots"). and possibly combining the two to make it so you write "of the Eagle" "44-50" or something. that's the only thing that is making me want to stay with Loot-Link (even though I deleted it already lol).

Also, can you make it so all of orders that you are looking at (Alphabetical, Level, Quality, Type.. ect) are able to be reversed (instead of A-Z for alphabetical, it would be Z-A), same with Level, Quality, Type.. ect.

it would be really awesome if you did!
08-08-05, 07:25 PM   #19
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Originally Posted by Peis
First of all, your mod is f***ing rocking to the max!

ok, I was wondering if you were going to implement a more advanced Items Search in KC_Items in LinkView. Kinda like lootlink has, where you can search by level range, by partial names (like instead of writing "Shadowcraft Boots" you'd write "Shadowcraft" or if you wanna have a long search "boots"). and possibly combining the two to make it so you write "of the Eagle" "44-50" or something. that's the only thing that is making me want to stay with Loot-Link (even though I deleted it already lol).

Also, can you make it so all of orders that you are looking at (Alphabetical, Level, Quality, Type.. ect) are able to be reversed (instead of A-Z for alphabetical, it would be Z-A), same with Level, Quality, Type.. ect.

it would be really awesome if you did!
I do have plans for both of these things already.

08-08-05, 09:47 PM   #20
Peis
A Fallenroot Satyr
^-^

Glad to hear it =)

Can't wait till your next update. any idea of how long it's gonna take for your next update to come out?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » KC_Items v0.90c and beyond