01-14-06, 04:41 PM   #21
guice
A Cobalt Mageweaver
When you said there's some bug with the alphas, what were they? because I couldn't find any problem with the alpha.
If I recall right, Player HP and the Player backdrop were both a different alpha than their "MyTarget" counterpart. Just annoyned me seeing them at a different colour level.

Last edited by guice : 01-14-06 at 04:44 PM.
01-14-06, 05:59 PM   #22
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Oh that's just what the scripts did in alphaing depending on target you're targeting.
01-14-06, 07:41 PM   #23
rock_lee317
A Defias Bandit
help

is there anyone who could e mail me a link or msg me of a program to render the .tga files of wow pictures i took??
01-14-06, 08:37 PM   #24
guice
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by rock_lee317
is there anyone who could e mail me a link or msg me of a program to render the .tga files of wow pictures i took??
You can use IfranView or any major graphics program to view, manipulate and convert .tga files.
01-15-06, 05:03 AM   #25
Caranthir
A Defias Bandit
thx for the reply 123Noob, the problem was really stupid, i was editing the files using notepad and that was causing the error, i edited the file using wordpad and now is all fine
01-15-06, 10:21 AM   #26
Purify
A Defias Bandit
Thanks guys I was able to copy the textures into my profile and they seem to be working now.
01-15-06, 06:05 PM   #27
unmoses
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by guice
Love this HUD! I love how it makes it so easy to see the HP w/out taking too much room.

123noob, I hope you don't mind, but I made some changes to it and thought I'd share it incase others wanted to use it.

I moved the backdrop for Player to Texture 2 and putting player mana to Texture 4. I made the HP and Mana bars children of their backdrops, making it easier to scale/work with. I increased the height from 180 to 210. Upped the scale to 150. I added text numbers as well to the Mana and HP; based off Croaker's HUD numbers. And I did some minor fixes with alpha channels (you had some bugs in that department) as well as fixed the issue where it wasn't update mana, rage, etc, on target change.

URL for download is: http://www.gpcentre.net/downloads/12...D-improved.rar
Screen shot of what it looks like:
While in Catform (targeting self):

(sorry, energy ticker not included)
Targeting a Warrior:
Guice- I like it, in fact I'm checking it out now in game, very nice.. I do have a question: I'm seeing in your script onevent for setting the text values.. I'd like to pass mobinfo2 variable to the target health instead of a %.. Thanks for any help
01-21-06, 04:04 AM   #28
Vanq
A Murloc Raider

Unhappy

I simply don't get it to work. I am running some IF based on epij's. Copy/Pasted as recommended. No working rings. Too sad.
01-24-06, 08:09 AM   #29
Vanq
A Murloc Raider

ok - I got it to work after removing the lines from the file containing "font" settings.

now I'm allmost happy as can be - if only I figure out how to allways show my own ring and not hide it when no target is selected

any clue?

thx for all your stuff here!
01-27-06, 10:14 PM   #30
sunaseni
A Kobold Labourer
Lost...

I downloaded the file's Guice changed (couldn't find 123noob's file), and their all Fonts?!

I have Dart, Duf, Dab, do I need anything else? Do I need any other mods like Turbostatus, Statrings?

I really like the mod, but am having difficulty working out how to get it going.

Thanks if you can help.
01-28-06, 10:08 AM   #31
guice
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Guice- I like it, in fact I'm checking it out now in game, very nice.. I do have a question: I'm seeing in your script onevent for setting the text values.. I'd like to pass mobinfo2 variable to the target health instead of a %.. Thanks for any help
No clue, sorry. I don't use Mobinfo2 so I don't know how to interface with it.

now I'm allmost happy as can be - if only I figure out how to allways show my own ring and not hide it when no target is selected
That'll be within the OnEvent and OnLoad scripts. If you're familar with programming, you should be able to manuver around there w/out much difficult. I don't know LUA, but I was still able to piecemill things together and follow the logic.

I have Dart, Duf, Dab, do I need anything else? Do I need any other mods like Turbostatus, Statrings?
All you need to do is take my file and extract it within the DART folder. There will be a DAB_Custom.lua file, overwrite it with my file. Then in game just load dart with /dart and goto Misc Options and load the Custom profile. That's it.

Last edited by guice : 01-28-06 at 10:13 AM.
01-31-06, 07:14 AM   #32
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

It can be edited using DUF since the #%s you see by the rings, they're are from DUF. they're (DUF controlbox text 9 and 10) toggled by DART in one of the texture OnEvent. So all you have to do is go into DUF and change the variable of $hp to $hc for health or $mp to $mc for mana. (And you do still need mobinfo to have enemy hp display their current hp otherwise it'll be just in % still).
02-13-06, 05:12 PM   #33
Vistirix
A Kobold Labourer
Noob123 Dart custom textures

[string "function DART_Texture1_Script_OnLoad(param,..."]:25: attempt to index global 'DUF_TargetFrame_Textbox_9' (a nil value)

This is the error i get when i try using guice's texture. I downloaded DART and his .zip. Then i extracted them and then overwrite/placed the Custom textures, fonts, and Dart_Custom. I placed those folders in my interface folder and ran WoW. I went to Misc Options and tried loading Custom and got this error. Any help?!

Thanks in advance
02-13-06, 06:20 PM   #34
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

You need DiscordUnitFrames as well in order for the error to go away. The textbox is from DUF and it is being toggled using DART. also, those textboxes are for displaying the amount hp/mp of target and self next to the textures, if you dont' want them just delete the DUF values.
04-02-06, 02:55 PM   #35
Lord-Xain
A Defias Bandit
Curious

How would I go about adding Combo Points to the HUD? I'm currently using Guice's version of 123noob's hud, but I would like to have combo points between and just above the health bars, or possibly to the right of the TargetHealth...Very new to scripting, especially DART scripting and I can't figure it out myself :'-(
04-30-06, 09:52 PM   #36
razorskiss
A Defias Bandit
Is there a way for the hud to be permanently up? It seems to appear only when I target someone, and if I press esc to cancel a target, it disappears.

Also, is there a way for this very neat HUD to work if one does not have DUF? I only use DAB currently, and downloaded DUF to see if it works, but I'd like to continue to use my old untiframes, Nymbia's Perl. I looked earlier in the thread and it said something about deleting the textures, but where do you find those? I am very lost...

EDIT- I managed to figure out the texture things, and deleted all the DUF hide/show lines of code in the "HUD Button" and "mytargetbackground & HUD script," but I now get an error that seemed to be in the "mytargethealthbar" texture. I assume it is due to the fact that since I am attempting to use it without DUF, I am drawing the health data from a nonexistance source, thus producing an error. Would it be possible somehow for it to be linked to Nymbia's Perl frame data?

Last edited by razorskiss : 05-01-06 at 01:19 AM.
06-28-06, 01:21 PM   #37
DUCrow
A Kobold Labourer
Does anyone know the proper way to tweak the .lua files?

When I edit the base file and add the HUD textures, I go to load the 'Custom' version in /dart and the only option that comes up is default. When I restore the original DART_Custom, I can then see it and load it.

I can't solve the disappearing .lua issue

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Noob123 Dart custom textures