01-25-06, 05:37 PM   #41
Omegadrive
A Defias Bandit
Thumbs up

Well, first of all many thanks for this addon Xag, been looking for something similar for a long time.

Man, forget about 60, it is boring, finish this project first!

Anyway, I would like to request a feature for your next version: locate window by coordinates and window size in pixels

I used both in Discord addons to place everything pixel-perfect, so here it would be awesome, this is a pic of my current custom UI using your 3D models, the thing is, I have like 8 chars, so one of the main problems with ur addon is that I have to set ALL windows for EACH char and I have to determine a pixel aprox on each (guess-work), that's why I ask for this feature to be added (along with the other ones you already mentioned in you "to do" list, like the very important profiles), I think the first thing you should concentrate on is profiles, even if the UI is not set yet, at least if a default profile set can be configured using the "Profiles" file on your mod (or if can already be done please tell us how), it would give you more time to "level".

Thanks for your time.
01-25-06, 07:08 PM   #42
Keyzer
A Murloc Raider
Is it possible to deactivate the model of myself and the group? I only need the target model.
01-25-06, 07:32 PM   #43
Andeh
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
this mod is awsome, all I ever wanted was small square portraits that didnt have any annoying cliping, and this give me just that. Thanks!!
01-25-06, 10:31 PM   #44
Xageroth
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Omegadrive
Man, forget about 60, it is boring, finish this project first!
I got 60. So expect some updates. I want to pack a lot of improvements in future releases.

Originally Posted by Omegadrive
locate window by coordinates and window size in pixels
Will do. In fact, I'll plan on making every visual control keyboard adjustable.
Cool UI, btw. Nice work.
01-26-06, 02:08 AM   #45
Coldshiver
A Murloc Raider
I am really enjoying this addon m8. It's so functional and easy to use.

I do have one question, will there in the future be support for Target of Target and/or Player Pets?
01-26-06, 05:33 AM   #46
Andeh
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
i would like pet portraits added, but for now im fully satisfied with what I have:
http://andson.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Newui.jpg
01-26-06, 09:06 AM   #47
aceracer24
A Theradrim Guardian
Originally Posted by Xageroth
Been busy getting to 60 for the first time. (yay!!) =)
I've been patient with plans for the mod because when I work on it next I want to hammer out some major improvements. It works well enough for now, tho, right? No major issues?

Yep it works pretty good actually other then the target model. But with that it's no worse then any other mod out there and yours still supports group models so your still one up on the comp Any plans to add target of target in your next release?
01-26-06, 11:07 AM   #48
Whitetree
A Kobold Labourer
This works great. Does everything I want it to do. For now, I used the Avatar=0 thing to make the Targets scale properly, but unfortunately it sets it to 0 for all characters, so I can't do cool things with the Party frame members that is different than the target. Great Mod, no clipping, the rotation is fun...
01-26-06, 02:30 PM   #49
RobTheBob
A Defias Bandit
The mod is working great! I have something for the wishlist though, option that hides the party models when in a raid!
01-26-06, 05:37 PM   #50
Xageroth
An Aku'mai Servant
Thanks for the feedback guys. More functionality is on the way, I just want to do this right.

I've been rethinking my approach to how I build this mod. Being my first mod, I approached it more directly with the idea of having models you could add/remove/adjust for unit frames. The more I think about it, the more I realize a more generic platform for handling 3D UI models would be better and then have Model Citizen use that platform for the purpose of unit frames.

With this new approach other mods would be able to offer 3d models by borrowing functionality from Model Citizen. An example would be expanding something like Atlas with a mob list, each in the list would have strategy info next to a 3d model. Such an addon would be extremely lightweight since it would only need to borrow functionality from Model Citizen for all the model manipulation.

The good thing about this approach is it doesn't distract me from what I've built so far. I have a fairly good understanding of many of the quirks at this point (including some of the unfixed bugs). So sorry there has been a week lull in updates. Some major improvements will be coming. Thought I would update you guys on the progress before I dive into this.
01-31-06, 08:10 AM   #51
Nitrius
A Defias Bandit
In the future will it be possible to implent some sort of option to make the party models don't show up when you are in a raid? =)

Anyway this mod is really good, hope you will continuing on devloping this for some time =)
01-31-06, 05:08 PM   #52
Monstro
A Kobold Labourer
Hello.

I just downloaded this MOD yesterday and I think it's super. I need some help though and I was wondering if anybody here had the answer.

My avatar is gone. I see the blue box when I shift-click on it but my model doesn't display. When I target anyone else though it shows up fine.

Does anyone know what I can do to get my character to appear again? Is there a reset or something?

Thanks.

Little more info:
When I bring up the WoW map the avatar comes back...but during a fight it disappears again. Also the Zoom In seems to not work...but I can zoom out.

Last edited by Monstro : 01-31-06 at 05:25 PM.
02-01-06, 12:43 AM   #53
Xageroth
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Monstro
Hello.

I just downloaded this MOD yesterday and I think it's super. I need some help though and I was wondering if anybody here had the answer.

My avatar is gone. I see the blue box when I shift-click on it but my model doesn't display. When I target anyone else though it shows up fine.

Does anyone know what I can do to get my character to appear again? Is there a reset or something?

Thanks.

Little more info:
When I bring up the WoW map the avatar comes back...but during a fight it disappears again. Also the Zoom In seems to not work...but I can zoom out.
I think I've been able to pin down why this happens.

Quick fix for this is to unequip and re-equip an item. That should allow you to zoom properly again. Also, if you ever can't see your model, try zooming all the way out and panning around. Sometimes it's just off camera.
02-01-06, 06:08 AM   #54
dafire
Premium Member
I'm really excited about this addon.

I wrote a small addon that works as a mob database for this addon and stores position, zoom, and rotation for your targets (if you change them)

Since I started to hack it yesterday it's in early beta.

It does not need any file modification to this addon.

I submitted it at ui.worldofwar.net, look for ZMobDB when it gets enabled by a moderator
it's now available at http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=2023

dafire

Last edited by dafire : 02-01-06 at 09:18 AM.
02-01-06, 01:46 PM   #55
Xageroth
An Aku'mai Servant
Nice work. Model Citizen should be able to do this on its own in the future, but that's a very welcome get-it-done-now expansion.

A couple of things you might not have considered, druid forms and player buffs/debuffs. The unit stays the same, but the model does not.
02-01-06, 04:23 PM   #56
dafire
Premium Member
Yes ... It's more a hack I did not think about all cases and guess there are ways to make it better .. but as a programmer I know that there are always more ideas then time to implement everything at once

I might add another small update today to disable the party models in raid .. my current ui looks like this:

showing my warrior twink in tanaris
02-01-06, 05:48 PM   #57
Felm
A Kobold Labourer
i have a problem, ive had this for awhile and i have never been able to have 3D models of my party, i reinstalled the new one, and still nothing help!
02-02-06, 09:07 AM   #58
humanic
A Kobold Labourer
dafire can I get your DUF_Custom? danke ganz lieb
love this mod and love what people are capable of doing with it
02-02-06, 09:33 AM   #59
dafire
Premium Member
I can export it when I'm at home.. but it has some things missing ..

no party pet's yet
not targettarget yet
no pet yet
02-02-06, 05:39 PM   #60
Nitrius
A Defias Bandit
Anyway, as i said before, just a little turn, is it possible to make the partymodels go away when i'am in a raid?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Zuxana's Model Citizen