05-05-06, 07:53 PM   #21
wereHamster
A Black Drake

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Saidin
What are the chances of getting item cooldowns too?
zero! never gonna happen
05-13-06, 10:56 PM   #22
Saidin
A Defias Bandit
Awww, why not?

Vadl - 60 Priest
05-14-06, 02:08 AM   #23
jkw
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Slash command?

Am I the only one wondering why there is no '/cd lock' & '/cd unlock' instead of the farly annoying '/script coolDownButtonDock:Show()' and '/script coolDownButtonDock:Hide()'?

Do I have to make the two slash commands myself? ;-)
05-14-06, 06:31 AM   #24
smokejax
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by jkw
Am I the only one wondering why there is no '/cd lock' & '/cd unlock' instead of the farly annoying '/script coolDownButtonDock:Show()' and '/script coolDownButtonDock:Hide()'?

Yes, you do.
05-19-06, 11:07 AM   #25
wereHamster
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by jkw

Yes, you do... and why? because I don't see any difference in typing '/script coolDownDock:Show()' and '/cd lock'.
And: I did NOT write this addon to be re-configured every minute or two. If you do that, something's wrong with you. Or do you really want to tell me that you move the frame after every fight?
05-19-06, 11:08 AM   #26
wereHamster
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by Saidin
Awww, why not?
Simply.. because the addon is not designed to scan the inventory,
06-24-06, 07:00 PM   #27
Echo5ive
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Shag
Yes, you do... and why? because I don't see any difference in typing '/script coolDownDock:Show()' and '/cd lock'.
Well, the big difference is that one I can remember, and the other I have to visit the info page for.
07-23-06, 09:26 AM   #28
JoshBorke
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Shag,

Can you take a look into spellBook and maybe decreasing its memory usage? every time spellBooknEvent is called you re-initialize your tables which creates a lot of garbage.

thanks!
08-21-06, 04:46 AM   #29
wereHamster
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by JoshBorke
Shag,

Can you take a look into spellBook and maybe decreasing its memory usage? every time spellBooknEvent is called you re-initialize your tables which creates a lot of garbage.
0.3.0.0 shouldn't create that much garbage, the dependency on spellBook is removed and the spell/item scanning code is much cleaner/faster now
08-21-06, 01:03 PM   #30
Sent
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Any way to move the minimap icon?
08-21-06, 02:28 PM   #31
wereHamster
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by Sent
Any way to move the minimap icon?
no, not at this time
08-21-06, 02:55 PM   #32
Nakari
A Murloc Raider
There's a bug in 0.3.0.0 if you change trinkets while they are cooling down. Everytime I change from one trinket to another, the timer for the first gets duplicated.
08-21-06, 04:37 PM   #33
wereHamster
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by Nakari
There's a bug in 0.3.0.0 if you change trinkets while they are cooling down. Everytime I change from one trinket to another, the timer for the first gets duplicated.
I know about that, will be eventually fixed.. if I find out how to fix this
08-21-06, 06:02 PM   #34
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

strange behaviour with 0.300

0.3.0.0 causes excessive stuttering (screen freezes of 0.1 to 1sec).
Latency is unaffected (same values with or without 0.3.0.0)

But game "stutters" (don't know a better way to describe it).
I observed it both in 5man dungeons and raid environment.
Soon as the addon begins to draw bars (some ability used that has a cooldown)
game begins to behave erratically.

Long time user of cooldown, reverting back to the previous version fixed it for me.

[edit]: I did remove all 4 addon folders from previous version to upgrade btw,
according to instructions.
08-21-06, 06:04 PM   #35
attackfrog
A Murloc Raider
It would be nice to have a maximum duration limit for items, in the same way you have a minimum duration limit- when you have items like my Salt Shaker that have a 3 day cooldown the text is a digit or two wider than is visually appealing :P
08-21-06, 07:08 PM   #36
wereHamster
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by Dridzt
I've had the same report on the curse-gaming site, but I'm not sure if it's really my fault. Granted, the code isn't optimized very well and due to the added item/trinket scanner it will eat more ressources than earlier versions.
I don't see the stuttering but I think it's because too many addons hook the inventory/container functions and that's what's causing it. Please disable all other addons and try if you still see the freezes. Then enable one addon at a time and try again until it starts to stutter and if you find out which addon causes it, please tell me which one.

Version 0.3.0.1 is available, it fixes an issue with trinkets and only displays consumable items (pots etc) and no other items like the Salt Shaker etc.
08-21-06, 11:01 PM   #37
tknice
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
*sigh*

Do what you want with it, after all, it is your addon. I will continue to use the old version or maybe none at all, since you have no desire to listen to the people who enjoy your work. I'm a programmer by trade, so I know all to well what is involved with development. When it comes to addons, flexibility is JUST as important in many people's eyes as simplicity. IMO, it is pretty rediculous that you don't have a UI for basic configuration. Oh, and way to sound like a jackass in your thread, telling someone that it makes no difference to type out a long, over complicated string. Nice..

Waiting for something better to come along...
08-22-06, 12:01 AM   #38
doggabone
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by tknice
Do what you want with it, after all, it is your addon. I will continue to use the old version or maybe none at all, since you have no desire to listen to the people who enjoy your work. I'm a programmer by trade, so I know all to well what is involved with development. When it comes to addons, flexibility is JUST as important in many people's eyes as simplicity. IMO, it is pretty rediculous that you don't have a UI for basic configuration. Oh, and way to sound like a jackass in your thread, telling someone that it makes no difference to type out a long, over complicated string. Nice..

Waiting for something better to come along...
Have you looked at ASF (Alias-Spellchecker-Filter)? It's quite simple to alias any text string (including function calls) into a short and easy to remember form. I use it often when for quick commands that I find lacking in mods, or to shorten macros (aliases can use aliases ...) and so on. You can find it here on WOWI at http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4356.
08-22-06, 03:58 AM   #39
wereHamster
A Black Drake

When it comes to addons, flexibility is JUST as important in many people's eyes as simplicity.
It's impossible to make an addon both simple and flexible.

IMO, it is pretty rediculous that you don't have a UI for basic configuration.
You're free to write a small configuration frame... if it's written well enough and looks nice, I even may include it.
After all.. that's how the addon got the trinket/item support: A friend of mine wanted it, learned the little bit of lua that was needed and I liked his version so I took it and there it is..

Oh, and way to sound like a jackass in your thread, telling someone that it makes no difference to type out a long, over complicated string. Nice..
I have absolutely no obligations to anyone out there, I write my addons for myself and only release them if I think they are good enough. Only if I want/need a new feature I implement it, and very rarely when users request it.
It makes no difference to me because I never reconfigure the addon. Please tell me why you feel the urge to change the color every other day. If you have a strong reason for that, I may change my mind and write a configuration UI.
08-22-06, 04:47 AM   #40
wereHamster
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by Dridzt
OMG your global environment must be trashed!

I think I fixed it. I was iterating over all objects in the global environment to clear/hide all the buttons and that obviously will take longer if you have many entries there. Can you please run this:
Code:
/script local i=0 for k,v in pairs(getfenv(0)) do i=i+1 end ChatFrame1:AddMessage(i)
And tell me what it prints out?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Shag's coolDown