12-15-09, 08:38 AM   #1
karmamuscle
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Question Is it possible to only use chatlock on some chatframes?

As the topic says.
As seen on the attachment I have my main chatframe on the left and a loot chatframe on the right.

When using the lock chat in the interface settings I can keep the tabs from showing when mouse is over the frame. I like this on my loot frame.

But I also like to have several tabs on my main chat frame, with one for trade and one for whispers.

With the interface lock chat, these become unusable.

Is there a way to only have the lock do the magic on the loot frame?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_121509_152631.jpg
Views:	673
Size:	633.0 KB
ID:	3673  
12-15-09, 04:55 PM   #2
Mycroftxxx1
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

when I right click the chat tab, I have an option there to lock/unlock that tab. Does it work that way for you as well or is one of my addon's adding that capability?
12-15-09, 05:49 PM   #3
gmhowell
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I'm actually curious about how you broke out the loot info like that.
12-15-09, 06:26 PM   #4
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

if you hover over your chat frames you should get two tabs by default, I believe one is General and the other is Combat Log if you right click on General you can create a new tab and add what chat message types you want in it. Once that is done just hover over the new tab and drag and you can place it anywhere on the screen than right click the tab of the freshly dragged frame and lock it in place.

As for essentially hiding tabs on certain chat panes it looks like you are using prat...I might be wrong but I will assume you are, in prats options to can tell it to hide certain chat tabs instead of all of them and than I wouldnt bother using the interface's lock chat option.

- Winston Churchill
12-15-09, 10:22 PM   #5
Mycroftxxx1
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I do use Prat to manage my chat frames.
12-16-09, 01:03 AM   #6
zero-kill
A Firelord

Originally Posted by gmhowell View Post
I'm actually curious about how you broke out the loot info like that.
All you'd have to do is make a new chat frame and then select the filter for loot (money, item, xp, etc.)
12-16-09, 01:38 AM   #7
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by ckramme View Post
Is there a way to only have the lock do the magic on the loot frame?
Instead of using the "Lock Chat Settings" option in the chat settings window, which affects all windows and disables all tabs, use the "Lock Window" option available from each chat tab's right-click menu. This will prevent the frame from being moved, without disabling the tabs or removing any other interactivity.
12-16-09, 02:35 AM   #8
karmamuscle
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Thanks for the replies.

But I do want to lock that loot frame away so the tab doesn't appear at all.

Using the Chat lock from the right click menu on the tabs, just disable moving or resizing them.

This is how it looks with the chat lock off when I mouse over the loot frame, notice the nasty looking loot tab
http://peecee.dk/uploads/122009/nolock_tabshown.jpg

Then I use this setting
http://peecee.dk/uploads/122009/chatlocksetting.jpg

The result is (ofc you can't see the cursor but its hovering the loot frame) that the loot tab doesn't show
http://peecee.dk/uploads/122009/locked_tabhidden.jpg

I want this effect to only work on the chat frames I need.
12-16-09, 02:37 AM   #9
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

The issue here from what I'm seeing in the OP is they are looking for a way to hide the tabs on the loot window but not on the chat window. It doesn't appear to be a matter of positioning. So when they mouse over the loot frame the tabs don't show but will still show for the "chat" one.

In short is there a way to hide the tabs on specific windows and not all of them.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
12-16-09, 03:22 AM   #10
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Yes there is as I stated in my above post since Prat is being used you can type /prat in game to bring up the options click on the tab in the prat options for modules and make sure that the module controlling tabs (which I believe is called chat tabs) is enabled, than you can go to that modules setting and tell prat exactly what tabs to hide.

Before hiding the tab(s) in prat, make sure you right click on the chat tab(s) of the chat frame(s) you want to lock down and select the lock option from there NOT from the interface options. This will give the desired affect please let me know if I need to download prat to explain in more detail but I think this does the job.

Note: Make sure you do not use the interface option to lock chat frames because it will hide all tabs, just right click on the tab to lock it, than use prat to hide the tabs from the steps I gave above should be pretty easy to figure out if I am a little off on the details its cause I havent used prat in awhile now so my memory is kind of foggy but as I stated this will give the desired effect.

- Winston Churchill
12-16-09, 03:26 AM   #11
karmamuscle
A Cobalt Mageweaver

WOHO thanks Miralen
Can't explain why I missed your first, sorry you had to repeat yourself

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Is it possible to only use chatlock on some chatframes?