03-31-12, 02:38 AM   #521
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I've never found walkthrough videos very useful for anything, and have not seen any at all for Macaroon. Your best bet is to make sure you have looked through all of the options, read the relevant parts of the official FAQ (there's a link on the download page), and then ask specific questions here (eg. what you want to accomplish, what you already tried, how it worked or didn't work). Trying to write a reference manual to cover everything everyone could ever want to do with Macaroon would probably require more time and effort than writing the addon in the first place.

04-01-12, 02:31 PM   #522
anseloth
Coding Archmage

(skipping to the part i can help a bit with)
Originally Posted by wowunderachiever View Post

For example - I wanted a simple targetting macro - I built the macro and it works fine but for some reason the chosen icon never shows. I fiddled with trying to get that thing to work for about half an hour (on top of who knows how long I spent researching and figuring out how to build the bar in the first place) and gave up.

well, the bad news is, i the icon problem has been happening ever since patch 4.3 (at least, i think it was 4.3, but idk, my memory for this stuff STINKS, it might have been 4.2 instead), and its not just happening in Macaroon, either.

i use another macro mod, one called "IHML - I Have Macro Lol!", (or IHML for short) and it has the same macro icon issue. granted, it hasn't been updated since January 28th, 2011, but, other than that macro icon issue, it still works fine for me. in fact, both addons started having the issue right at the same time, meaning right when that patch was released.

so, my point is, this macro icon issue isn't unique to Macaroon, and i THINK it is in fact a bit of a screw-up on Blizzard's end. i could be wrong about that last bit, though, idk.

05-22-12, 12:45 AM   #523
skullriot
A Murloc Raider
conditional vehicle keybinds?

Hi. I tried searching through this thread, but I cant seem to locate anything that addresses what I would like to do.

My problem is that I would like to conditionally bind the pet bar, which i have set to 3 states: Pet, vehicle and possession. I would like 1-9 bound to the bar when I am possessing or in a vehicle, and then back to my regular blob of bars for normal use. I basically have all the keys on my keyboard bound for skills. I'm not a very good clicker

05-22-12, 03:41 AM   #524
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by skullriot View Post
... I would like 1-9 bound to the bar when I am possessing or in a vehicle, and then back to my regular blob of bars for normal use. ...
Theoretically, what you’re describing is possible, but practically, the interface for doing it in Macaroon is extremely unintuitive and clunky, and I would not recommend trying to use it if there is any other way to accomplish your goal.

For what you want, I’d suggest adding the [bonusbar:5] state to your main bar instead of your pet bar. This way, the buttons will automatically inherit your normal bindings (presumably, 1–9) and you won’t still have your regular buttons cluttering up the screen when you can’t use them.

Then, to make sure the pet bar gets correctly hidden while you’re in a vehicle (or possessing something), change its state definitions to:
Code:
[pet, nobonusbar:5]
[]
If you’re not already using it, you’ll need to use the “Use Custom Bar States” option, or experiment with the state remapping options.

If you really want to try to go with your original plan, you can lock a binding to a button in a specific state by left-clicking on the button while in binding mode. This should allow you to assign the same binding to another button, but only in a state where the binding-locked button is not active. To accomplish your goal, you’d need to lock the bindings for your main bar in every state except [bonusbar:5], and then lock the bindings (or lack thereof) on your pet bar in every state except [bonusbar:5], and finally assign the desired bindings to your pet bar in the [bonusbar:5] state, and maybe lock them in that state.

05-30-12, 03:55 AM   #525
skullriot
A Murloc Raider
thanks for the info. I ended up getting things fixed up, and it worked alright, until i logged or the UI was reloaded or something. a good chunk of my buttons would go invisible, and then I wouldn't be able to see what was going on. Is there some way i can get around that? Even /reload wasn't working right.

05-30-12, 06:05 AM   #526
Phanx
Cat.

I've never experienced anything like that, but my ex had similar problems all the time while using the Profiles system. I just use the Dual Spec option on individual bars; the profile system in Macaroon is annoyingly unintuitive, works completely differently from all other addons, and seems pretty buggy based on my limited attempts at using it and the experiences of other people I know. If you're using Profiles, see if you still have problems when you disable it at the character selection screen.

Either way, I'd probably just start over if I were you. I usually do it every 6 months or so... the half-life of a Macaroon setup seems pretty short.

05-30-12, 03:12 PM   #527
skullriot
A Murloc Raider
I messed with it a bit, and what it is, is that every time i log in, a majority of the buttons are invisible. they still respond to their keybinds, but i cant see or click them. If i move a visible button from the group, and place it, they all pop back into view when the button is placed. (talking about the ability or macro assigned to a button, not the button itself)

The dual spec works OK for me, but i have to switch spec 3 times (switch to secondary, main then back to secondary) for the buttons to be visible. More than likely im thinking this is caused by some other addon that im using, but I don't really want to bother to figure it out. I have a mod heavy UI...

05-31-12, 04:32 PM   #528
Phanx
Cat.

Well, if it happens consistently when you log in, you could simply disable your other addons, log in, see if it still happens, and then re-enable your other addons. Such a simple test would take 2 minutes at most, and would immediately rule out an addon conflict.

If you use any skinning addons, like Masque, try disabling those first. An outdated skin could easily cause issues like the one you're describing.

Again, though, it's probably simpler to just start over than to try to diagnose the problem and solve it. Once you've got everything set up, make copies of your Macaroon saved variables files. That way, if something goes wrong, you can just drop in the backups and immediately be back to a working state.

06-01-12, 04:49 AM   #529
Aanson
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Try something else:

/mac hidden <yourbarname>

When I say yourbarname, I don't mean 'MacaroonBarsHandler5' or whatever, I mean the name that you gave the bar when you created it; the one that shows in the Macaroon window.

Also, make sure that Show Grid is on and hidden is off.

Thirdly, if you are using stance, is the bar only set up to be active in one stance?

07-03-12, 02:11 PM   #530
skullriot
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for the replies. Sorry it took so long to get back to the thread, I dropped macaroon for dominos, which works, but I've come back because I cant find anything that lets me do what macaroon does.

Anyway, I'm using just macaroon, addon loader and addon control panel at the moment, and macaroon still does funny button things. Things aren't hidden and what not, so I don't know what the problem is. If there was an update since my last post, all its doing now is showing empty buttons, but not all of them. My main bar consists of 60 buttons in 12 columns. Maybe I need to make 5 individual bars? not really what i wanted to do but i could live with that. Uhm.... I have dual spec on. and the funny things happen when i switch specs. Maybe making a second 60 button bar for that spec would be better? It only shows the buttons that have something on the other spec, but empty. I totally am just rambling, but this is all pertinent... Ok, the top bar of my 60 button 12 column bar, I have two self made macros on the left two buttons, but in my second spec, I don't have those macros. So when I switch to the secondary, those buttons show up, but empty.

EDIT: Now my custom macros aren't showing up on login, but only after I pull a button off and replace it back in the bar. Not a big problem for extended play sessions, but I don't feel like this is a "feature" lol

Last edited by skullriot : 07-03-12 at 03:27 PM.

07-03-12, 04:49 PM   #531
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Honestly, Macaroon is limping along at this point.

I have been putting all my coding time into its next generation iteration, which is coming along quite well.

Any issues may need to be toughed out until either 1) Mists comes out or 2) If I have time to make a reverse-compatible version of the new addon for the current live game. If things go along at a good pace with the beta, I may end up doing that to give users time to migrate.

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

07-03-12, 05:00 PM   #532
WhiteDragon32
A Defias Bandit
I assuming that this thread is about "Macaroon!".

I'm wondering if Macaroon! has the ability to recognize the up and down functions of a key-press like the Macaroon I use to use. What I need is an addon that lets you set a button to have a hotkey as the DOWN press of the #1 button and another button with the hotkey as the UP release of the #1 button. This would allow you to cast one macro with the Down push of the button and a 2nd macro with the up release of the button. This use to be possible with an older version of Macaroon back in 2009 (yes i've been gone from WoW for some time now).

Statement: WoW sees the down function and the up function of a key-press as 2 different actions.

07-03-12, 05:54 PM   #533
skullriot
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Maul View Post
Any issues may need to be toughed out until either 1) Mists comes out
Thanks for the reply Maul, It's good to know whats up. I'm definitely looking forward to the next iteration of macaroon.

07-18-12, 10:59 AM   #534
priestdu
A Defias Bandit
Hello,

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but is it possible to drag the created macro buttons from Macaroon onto my Bartender4 actionbar? The reason I'm asking this is that my default Blizzard macro slots are full (even with the extra character specific option enabled) and I'm looking for an addon that can make extra macro's but is compatible with Bartender4.

I know I can create my 'own' Bartender4 with Macaroon but I'm just looking for some extra macroslots. I've tried Bindpad, but I can't drag the Bindpad macro's to my Bartender actionbar.

Thanks

07-18-12, 11:11 AM   #535
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by priestdu View Post
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but is it possible to drag the created macro buttons from Macaroon onto my Bartender4 actionbar?
In short, no. Bartender uses action ID's to store the spell/macro it holds, and Macaroon uses custom macros that the action ID system does not see.

Now, it would be conceptually possible for Macaroon to create a new macro in the Blizz macro interface when you drag a Macaroon macro to a non-Macaroon action button, but that does not solve your problem given your macro space issue.

Originally Posted by priestdu View Post
The reason I'm asking this is that my default Blizzard macro slots are full (even with the extra character specific option enabled) and I'm looking for an addon that can make extra macro's but is compatible with Bartender4.
Now, by design, Macaroon is compatible with any other action bar addon and can run as a secondary action bar. But, it maintains its own macros that cannot be shared with another addon. But you could easily have your main action bar as Bartender with a Macaroon bar or two along with it with the extra macro space you need. You just cannot store them on a Bartender button.

Also, as a side note, Macaroon has reach the end of its life. I am making a new version called "Ion" which has all the same features, but will have many improvements as well as solve some of the issues of Macaroon.

As the author of Macaroon, I would advise that if you feel Macaroon is a solution for you, that you do not invest heavily into it right now, and wait for its replacement "Ion".

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

07-18-12, 03:04 PM   #536
priestdu
A Defias Bandit
Ok thanks for your extensive reply

07-21-12, 03:22 PM   #537
Zataneko
A Murloc Raider
Unhappy XP bar

Hey, i have to say that Macaroon is an awesome Addon. I love it. Very hard to use it first but then it became fantastic! However now i have a problem. Without meaning to i deleted my XP Bar on my rogue. He is lvl 20 and it becomes very annoying completing quests and not know how near you are to lvl. I try to create a XP bar when when I go to create one the option "XP bar" is not available. What I am suppose to do? All my others Alts have a XP bar. I do have Macaroon:Xtras. I just can't create a XP bar for my rogue :c Thank you for your answer

07-21-12, 03:35 PM   #538
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

You would need Macaroon: Status Bars to make them instead of Xtras. If that addon is installed and enabled, the create command should let you make it.

08-03-12, 08:21 AM   #539
Zataneko
A Murloc Raider
XP bar

Originally Posted by Maul View Post
You would need Macaroon: Status Bars to make them instead of Xtras. If that addon is installed and enabled, the create command should let you make it.
I do have Macaroon: Status Bars. However when I click create new bar the option "XP Bar" doesn't show. The only bars I can create are Alert group, bag bar, menu bar, standard bar, status bar group and totem bar. Not XP Bar.

08-03-12, 11:06 PM   #540
anseloth
Coding Archmage

Originally Posted by Zataneko View Post
I do have Macaroon: Status Bars. However when I click create new bar the option "XP Bar" doesn't show. The only bars I can create are Alert group, bag bar, menu bar, standard bar, status bar group and totem bar. Not XP Bar.
wait, do you have the Status Bars addon, AND the Xtras addon? because, i am pretty sure that the Xtras addon is now out of date, and no longer used at all. (but, please, do NOT quote me on that!! i am NOT sure!)

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Ion Engines, Engage! » Macaroon Official Thread