12-29-09, 10:44 AM   #1
pauen
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Best PvP spec for warlock?

i heard demonology is for pets, and Affliction is for curses, and Destruction is for direct spell damage? which one is the best for pvp?
12-29-09, 10:49 AM   #2
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
long time since played pvp with my lock, but last time i seriously played pvp was pre-wrath (not counting wintergrasp) and back then it used to be affliction.

My current best bet for pvp playing i would go for demo. coz of felguard and things like that one where damage is divided between you and your pet.

try looking at The Warlocks Den

there's a lot of usefull warlock info there.
12-29-09, 02:25 PM   #3
cloudwolf
A Black Drake
The most common 2 trees for warlock pvp are affliction or destruction. Destro focuses on high crit and quick burst dmg. Affliciont is about out lasting your openent as it has 3 fears on all differnt deminishing returns and drain life plus your dots are super powerd. destruction does quick burst spell dmg this is mroe focused on your crit and spell power also using this tree you get 1 aoe stun your regular fear your dots are much weaker but most likley will use succubus as it has a seduction(stun) effect.
12-29-09, 03:57 PM   #4
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Originally Posted by cloudwolf View Post
The most common 2 trees for warlock pvp are affliction or destruction. Destro focuses on high crit and quick burst dmg. Affliciont is about out lasting your openent as it has 3 fears on all differnt deminishing returns and drain life plus your dots are super powerd. destruction does quick burst spell dmg this is mroe focused on your crit and spell power also using this tree you get 1 aoe stun your regular fear your dots are much weaker but most likley will use succubus as it has a seduction(stun) effect.
Since when are the "3 fears" all on different dim returns? Far as I remember, Fear is Fear, and shares same dim returns. Whether it's Fear, Noobcoil, or ae fear.

Have a link to prove otherwise? I'm open to correcting myself if I'm wrong.

Marth

12-29-09, 04:08 PM   #5
xandora
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I'm pretty sure they're all on the same DR. And I've been playing my Lock for about 2 years now.
12-29-09, 08:10 PM   #6
cloudwolf
A Black Drake
Maybe it was 2 differnt DM. As one is a horror effect and 2 are fear effects. My arena partner does a lot of research into his lock.
12-30-09, 08:55 AM   #7
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Originally Posted by cloudwolf View Post
Maybe it was 2 differnt DM. As one is a horror effect and 2 are fear effects. My arena partner does a lot of research into his lock.
Howl of Terror, Fear and Death Coil have the following:

Apply Aura: Mod Fear (with Howl having a 10 yd radius).

As effects (according to wowhead). Thus, would be the same DR.

So your arena partner would be wrong. The wording on Death Coil says "run in horror" but the effect is still Fear (as detailed in the spell data itself).

Marth

12-30-09, 09:14 AM   #8
zero-kill
A Firelord

Never heard it called "noob-coil" before.

I would check out both the WD and EJ forums to see, because honestly you can spec anything in a respective class and do semi-well.
12-30-09, 11:44 AM   #9
pHishr
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Marthisdil View Post
Howl of Terror, Fear and Death Coil have the following:

Apply Aura: Mod Fear (with Howl having a 10 yd radius).

As effects (according to wowhead). Thus, would be the same DR.

So your arena partner would be wrong. The wording on Death Coil says "run in horror" but the effect is still Fear (as detailed in the spell data itself).
iirc Death Coil is a horror effect, not fear. Seeing as spells like berserker rage do not work against it.
12-31-09, 10:05 AM   #10
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Originally Posted by pHishr View Post
iirc Death Coil is a horror effect, not fear. Seeing as spells like berserker rage do not work against it.
As I commented above, the actual spell data says it's a fear. The text of it says "runs in horror", but the spell effect to the game is "Fear" - thus, on the same cooldown.

Marth

12-31-09, 02:49 PM   #11
pHishr
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Marthisdil View Post
As I commented above, the actual spell data says it's a fear. The text of it says "runs in horror", but the spell effect to the game is "Fear" - thus, on the same cooldown.
Oh I gotcha

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Class Discussions » Best PvP spec for warlock?