01-24-08, 07:23 PM   #1
erica647
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You guys seem to go through a lot...

You guys must really love Mazzle... is it really that much better than what's out there now? I was thinking about installing it to just play around with it a bit but not really sure if it's worth the bother (with all the problems people seem to have with it lately).

Mazzle your little gnome is so cute! :P hehe
01-24-08, 07:25 PM   #2
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I don't use it, but I know that there's basically zero bugs if you install it right and update with the WowAceUpdater. The only problem has to do with bongos I think.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
01-24-08, 07:27 PM   #3
erica647
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Dreadlorde View Post
I don't use it, but I know that there's basically zero bugs if you install it right and update with the WowAceUpdater. The only problem has to do with bongos I think.
Thanks Dreadlorde... I may play around with it a bit tonight.
01-25-08, 06:31 AM   #4
H0PE
A Fallenroot Satyr
Personally I never liked addon packages because if you check out the addon list and the folders in the zip files... you reallize that lot of "junk" addons are there thats not even a requirement for the minimal package for that addon (if we talking about an interface addon that make your addon nicer).

I will update my own package shortly and you can see what I mean. Only the 5-10addons that is REALLY required should be in such a package. But people too bored or lazy to do that I guess.
01-25-08, 06:38 AM   #5
joypunk
A Scalebane Royal Guard
Erica,

For me, personally, the only thing that makes this UI the best around is the Mazzifier that sets everything up. I'm the type of person that loves continuity. I want the same basic things of my UI to be --exactly-- the same for all of my characters. This is the only UI I've ever seen that will do just that, and do it very easily.

So, that alone is worth the hassles at patch time, for me.
01-25-08, 07:08 AM   #6
erica647
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Thanks for the responses! I did try this out and I really had a nice first experience. Everything worked as stated in the docs and I had no problems at all with the setup. It's gonna take a bit to get used to everything since it remapped my keyboard and everything's in a different place... but I'm having fun in the process.
01-25-08, 08:03 AM   #7
joypunk
A Scalebane Royal Guard
Good to hear. The only real bug you're likely to experience is if you have to use pet bars, such as the Chess Event in Karazhan. The version of Bongos in Mazzle had pet bars broken completely in 2.3.2 and a fix has not been found (since the author has moved on to Bongos2, there probably never will be a fix).
01-25-08, 09:33 AM   #8
obsidianblack
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Well as far as the pet bar issue, if you just issue a /bongos and enable the pet bar, it should work just fine for those that don't normally use one. For the classes that do you a pet bar normally, there haven't been any issues at all. At least from my experience. I play a hunter and i mess around on my wifes lock both under mazzle

01-25-08, 09:57 AM   #9
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Originally Posted by H0PE View Post
... you reallize that lot of "junk" addons are there thats not even a requirement for the minimal package for that addon (if we talking about an interface addon that make your addon nicer).
.... Only the 5-10addons that is REALLY required should be in such a package. But people too bored or lazy to do that I guess.
Im not quite sure i understand your logic here. Your talking about in essence a minimalist type UI. Which is all well and good but you talk about it like its the ONLY way UI's should ever be packaged and that people who dont do that are either bored (?) or too lazy to do it right.

All depends on what the designer has in mind. Some are going for the minimal redesign of the basic look as you seem to be. Mazzle tries(and succeeds) at giving you a ton of information in a very well designed layout not to mention the easiest configuration system there is. It sets up based on what you want by answering some basic questions. No need to guess at addons or ask a ton of questions looking for something missing for those that dont follow the community closely.

Its a great package and worth the effort.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

Last edited by MidgetMage55 : 01-25-08 at 09:59 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » You guys seem to go through a lot...