06-23-13, 02:38 PM   #1
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
WoW Development Package for Sublime Text.

Greetings,

My Sublime Text 2 WoW Development package is now available for download. It is in its beta stage and i have not added a readme file to the package yet. It will soon be online @ package control, but till then you can download it here:

github

Installation notes:

1, Click the Download Zip.
2, Extract the .zip file.
3, Copy/Paste the extracted .zip file to your packages. (Open Sublime Text.... Click Preferences -> Browse Packages... -> Paste the extracted folder here. You might have to remove the "-master" from the folders name.
4, Bring up the command pallette (CTRL + SHIFT + P), type: WoW Lua and press enter.

If you want the same settings as i, go to Preferences -> Settings - User -> Copy/Paste the following:
{
"color_scheme": "Packages/SublimeWoWDevelopment/Scheme/WoWBeauty - Chocolate.tmTheme",
"font_face": "Consolas",
"font_size": 10,
"ignored_packages":
[
"Vintage"
]
}
How to use:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=heX7U_UM0Ws

Upcoming features:

1, Improved syntax highlighting - Already working on it, detects global variables, has a more feature rich highlighting system.
2, Improved auto-completion - Newest API support + easier to use system. Already working on it.
3, Available through package control.
4, WoWBeauty - Vanilla theme aswell as a WoWBeauty - Classic black and a classic white.
5, Library support - WoW Ace and others.
6, XML and TOC syntax highlighting - in progress.
7, Normal Quoted Strings will be one color, while quoted strings like "OnAnimFinished" will have its own special quote highlight. - Already added, but not yet tested.
8, Syntax Highlighting for Events.
9, Additional completions - such as backdrop with full tab support, types(http://wowprogramming.com/docs/api_types)
10, Clean way to detect where stuff belong using the CTRL + SHIFT + ALT + P command.
11, More.

please post any bugs. and tell me if you have any requests or suggestions.

Just a little update on how to use:
1, When you type something, e.g: GameTooltip:SetOwner, in order to get the exact match avoid using : but simply type GameTooltipSetOwner and press tab. If you use the : only the SetOwner will be matched, so the first tab stop will not be GameTooltip but SetOwner.

In case Widget's also has return values, you will not have to type: _GameTooltip:IsUnit, simply just provide: _IsUnit which will match: isUnit = GameTooltip:IsUnit("unit")

2, Using an _ before typing anything, indicates that what you are about to type includes a return value, e.g: UnitAura will post the following - UnitAura(arguments) while _UnitAura will post all-the-return-values = UnitAura(arguments).

3, If you find the above examples somewhat annoying to use and you prefer to use the old style - simply type it as you would: local some_return_value = frame:CreateTexture, now as you press tab only CreateTexture will be matched and you'll get the following: local some_return_value = frame:CreateTexture(arguments)

So you can pretty much select any style you'd like. Some prefer to just write local _CreateFrame and tab to get the following: local frame = CreateFrame(arguments) while other prefer to write local frame = CreateFrame tab.

4, The → arrow in the dropdown menu shown when typing, means that the function has more arguments than the dropdown menu can show. so e.g: SetOwner(frame, →) means that the first argument is a frame and that there is an additional 1 or more arguments.

Last edited by fRodzet : 06-30-13 at 01:30 PM.
06-23-13, 03:33 PM   #2
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Woo!

Last edited by Nibelheim : 06-23-13 at 04:32 PM.
06-23-13, 04:26 PM   #3
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Testing it on Sublime3, great job
06-23-13, 05:44 PM   #4
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Updated:

Added Global and Local variable detection for functions.

Use CTRL + SHIFT + ALT + P when you have marked a thing, e.g the variable for a function. At the bottom you'll see where it belongs to - i'll clean this up so you'll se a better understanding later. But for now if you create e.g a global, you can simply mark the variable that becomes highlighted and press CTRL + SHIFT + ALT + P - this will tell you what scope it belongs to, this can help you keep track on whether a thing is deprecated, requires a hardware event, is a local variable or what do i know.

NOTE: HW, Deprecated, PROTECTED, etc is not yet added to the scopes. This is another upcoming feature.

Last edited by fRodzet : 06-23-13 at 05:51 PM.
06-23-13, 06:16 PM   #5
jaliborc
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Awesome!

One comment: maybe you should rename the github repo to something in the likes of "Sublime Text - WoW Development", to make it clear for people it is a sublime text package. Will also help google searches.
06-23-13, 06:18 PM   #6
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by jaliborc View Post
Awesome!

One comment: maybe you should rename the github repo to something in the likes of "Sublime Text - WoW Development", to make it clear for people it is a sublime text package. Will also help google searches.
Yeah i thought of that aswell, i figured that you can actually name it something with sublime and ask for it to be changed to just WoW Development @ package control. So that on GitHub it will say: SublimeText - WoW Development and in the command pallette it just says: WoW Development. But as mentioned its still in Beta stage and i'm not even sure if WoW Development will be the appropriate name for it.

For the readme file i'd like to ask if someone could help me translate my English to real English?

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Dev Tools » BETA - WoW Development Package ready for download.