09-08-07, 01:27 PM   #141
Soph
A Kobold Labourer
I recently upgrades to the latest version. I was still using a much older version still using the mini-map button menu only.

After following all the upgrade instructions, setting all the docks required, etc I do not see any of the following functionality mentioned in the FAQ file...

"Once in config mode, these special frames called docks will appear over Trinity Bars buttons and status bars. The docks are reference frames that tell the buttons where to place themselves and stores info on how the associated buttons should behave. The docks are a shaded gray color until moused-over, then they will turn a blue color."

I see no docks, and no grey/blue transition at mouse over. I also do not see any means by which to do the following...

To adjust the properties of buttons associated with a dock, simply left-click on the shaded area of the dock and a set of configuration options (Option Set One) will appear at the bottom, left and right sides of the dock. A right-click on the dock will display a second set of options (Option Set Two) on the top and bottom sides of the dock."

I gather that perhaps something did not go correctly on the upgrade as the mod seems extremely difficult to manage now. I cannot find any means to even move a bar set that I've built (or dock I guess is what its called here)...Configuration mode is on btw). Whereas the old version you simply clicked into config mode, the bars all became active with menu buttons to interact with and a simple click/drag movement ability.

I guess the main question is if I revert back to the previous version (it worked fine, I had no real need to change), is there any foreseeable need to upgrade? That version just seemed so much easier to work with, would kinda like to stay with it.

09-29-07, 05:50 AM   #142
Memnok
A Kobold Labourer
For some reason Trinity won't display the whole tooltip for a spell i have on the bar, it will only display the name of the spell and the rank, and when i uncheck the Show Tooltip button in the options it won't display anything at all. Is there a way for it to display the whole tooltip for a spell or ability?

09-29-07, 06:35 AM   #143
Reefberry
A Kobold Labourer
DrDamage issue

Trinity Bar and DrDamage are not playing together nicely. The DrDamage button text does not show in the latest verson of Trinity Bar. All was fine before the WoW2.2 patches.

10-01-07, 11:28 PM   #144
mgdahmer
A Defias Bandit
Just curious here. I have used trinity bars forever, and recently started playing a hunter. Basically i am trying to find a way that i can swap bars, kind of like stealth bars but for a hunters Aspect of the Hawk and Aspect of the Monkey.

I can do this with a macro on the regular UI like:
"/cast Aspect of the Monkey
/swapactionbar 2"

Basicall it casts aspect of the money, and switches to page 2 which would have all my melee abilities, then the reverse to switch back to my ranged abilities.

If there is a way to do this within trinity i would love it.

Thanks

10-11-07, 02:07 AM   #145
wtribe
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Reefberry
Trinity Bar and DrDamage are not playing together nicely. The DrDamage button text does not show in the latest verson of Trinity Bar. All was fine before the WoW2.2 patches.
I've only been using Trinity on an alt that I've been leveling, so I haven't been very motivated to track this down. A recent post in the DrDamage thread claims that a recent Trinity beta fixes the issue but with the current version, I still am not getting any button text from DrDamage. I'm using the circle buttons. I don't have any other bar mods installed, fwiw. DrDamage's button text shows fine on my other characters that are using the Blizz default button.

I'm not sure what I can offer that might help to track down the problem. Is anyone using the latest Trinity + DrDamage and getting their button text showing?

10-11-07, 05:40 AM   #146
sinclsw007
A Defias Bandit
@Reefberry

Trinity Bars and DrDamage are both working fine for me, I'm seeing text boxes on mouseover of buttons.

I'm 99% sure I have the latest version of each.

Last edited by sinclsw007 : 10-11-07 at 07:40 AM.

10-11-07, 12:16 PM   #147
wtribe
A Defias Bandit
Following up on my post. I'm using the latest version of Trinity: 20200.3 (the .toc files still only say 20200.1, but the changes.txt file notes the fixes through .3) and DrDamage 1.2.0 r51179. I disabled all addons apart from these two and still have no damage info on my buttons. I've tinkered with the settings in the trinity main menu regarding showing count/cooldown/macro text wondering if any of those might be part of the problem to no avail.

10-12-07, 04:38 PM   #148
Cerastes
A Defias Bandit

My problem and sorry if it has been covered/solved before.

Class: Druid

Dock 2 right click select stance, change to Cat or Bear and dock 2 changes to Cat or Bear as it should.
Problem is the Cat/Bear bar is small, no buttons and can not add anything to it, go back to Druid and the bar goes back to how it was with spells on and right size.

Any ideas anyone?
Thanks in advance.

11-09-07, 09:05 AM   #149
senseicurr
A Kobold Labourer
I'm having a reproducable issue.

Class: Druid (resto, with treeform).

After initial setup using Bar 1 as my stance bar if I were to respec and relearn tree form, any subsequent shifts into treeform leave me with a blank space, the bar acts like it is in autohide, unless I enter configure mode, which pops the spell bar back into view, and it will stay until I shift out of tree, but upon returning to tree it will not be there. Also, moving a button on another bar will cause it to appear.

Annoying bug for those who respec for PvP / Arenas.

11-14-07, 11:08 PM   #150
omegabyte
A Kobold Labourer
Druid form bar problem

As it stands right now, the form bars work, in the strictest sense of the word, but they work too well. Specifically, they shift to empty form bars whenever I enter aquatic or travel form (and probably flight form too, just don't have that yet), which I would prefer to just stay with the caster form bar.

I can't figure out how to fix this. Help please?

11-17-07, 04:49 AM   #151
Daxxzod
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Premium Member
Awesome mod

I've hated blizzard's standard UI for the longest time and decided to delv into the world of designing my own. Gradually I have added small amounts of mods like fuBar and it's various plugins. For the past 3 days I've looked at over 100 User packages, other's custom mods and the like and didn't like any. I discovered the wonderful Xperl unit frames. I had decided that I had better start with the bars since the frames will be going above those. I looked at bartender3 and bongos, then I saw someone's ui who explained what everything was with little circles around each specific mod telling what it was. Trinity bars looked cool but when I'd looked trinity up it hadn't been updated so i was afraid to use it. Now they are and they're absolutely the best bars there are. The configuration is so easy and fun to use. Everything is pretty much explained. I do have a druid but i have not gotten to her yet. As I have 7 lvl 70s, I have several more UI's to configure.

As for the form bar that the previous posters had problems with, I would think there would be different form bars. Or the stance bar just changes. Sort of like when a warlock summons different pets and the pet bar changes. There are predefined layouts for different classes, might try loading the druid one and starting from scratch. And as for going from one form to caster, I wouldn't think you'd need a stance bar for that since it's not considered a stance except in moonkin. but idk, like i said, haven't gotten there yet.

11-17-07, 08:12 PM   #152
Erenyin
A Kobold Labourer
How exactly do I restore the Charcter/Talent/Options/etc and bag slots to the Blizzard standard one? Dragging them there isn't working, so I'm stuck.

Same with the Cast Bar.

Last edited by Erenyin : 11-17-07 at 08:16 PM.

11-20-07, 07:49 AM   #153
Daxxzod
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Erenyin
How exactly do I restore the Charcter/Talent/Options/etc and bag slots to the Blizzard standard one? Dragging them there isn't working, so I'm stuck.

Same with the Cast Bar.
Are you trying to restore blizzards UI? That's what it sounds like. Just delete the addons you installed in your addons folder or if you dont want to delete them, put them in a separate folder on your desktop.

01-09-08, 03:00 PM   #154
Dreadan
A Defias Bandit
I browsed through the threat briefly and didn't see an answer. Does anyone know if it's possible to modify the bind/count text on the bars. I'm running them with the default scale but the text is kind of hard to read. I switched from bartender3 and didn't have a problem with it.

Thanks for any help

Edit: it has something to do with the button skins. Some of the skins look good but say the onyx ones from cycircle make all the count/bind text really small.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bind_text.jpg
Views:	857
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	1632  

Last edited by Dreadan : 01-09-08 at 07:31 PM.

06-03-08, 07:18 AM   #155
Froagh
A Murloc Raider

It has been almost a year since the instructions were edited at the beggining of this thread. Is it safe to assume that they are still accurate or even close?

This mod has been recommended by some friends but it really gives me sensory overload due to all of the options. - Im just looking for a good user guide.

Thanks

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Ion Engines, Engage! » Trinity Instructions