09-23-13, 02:34 PM   #21
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well, not found reports of problems but watching this video of it at http://wow.joystiq.com/tag/patch-5.4-noodle-cart/ it looks like this is a solo scenario whereby you start with no buttons, then 1 button then 5 buttons. But the bar in question is oddly familiar so suspect they are using the same overridebar but change what buttons to display and when. Especially if the normal overridebar in the other quests etc aren't affected.

Looking at wowhead though I found this lil bit of news.
'If you have a problem seeing your noodle-making buttons (thanks to dominos and other ui addons), don't reload your ui, you can still use them through the 1-3 buttons on your keyboard. I reloaded my ui the first time, which made the buttons show up on my bar, but then once I finished I noticed I had lost credit for queuing for the instance, so I had to drop the quest and do it all over again.'

So, sounds like it's a new trigger somewhere possibly if dominoes doesn't work either.

Looks like someone here http://www.tukui.org/forums/topic.php?id=29068 found a solution but it messes up the main bar but works for the scenario bar.

So perhaps a different combo trigger or a new one that they are using that they forgot to tell us about... Hey Scott, how about talking to your contacts there again rofl.

Last edited by Xrystal : 09-23-13 at 03:35 PM.

09-23-13, 05:03 PM   #22
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Okay, the attached file contains a very simple action bar addon that is movable with a right click so it isn't in the way.

All it does is force a particular page on it so the buttons will remain empty until that page is available. I tested this with the vehicle bar index on the farm weeding.

The block of code that affects what is shown is as follows around line 34 :
Lua Code:
  1. -- As a standalone Action Bar
  3. -- The below action page is used in instances like Drak'tharon Keep
  4. --actionBarFrame:SetAttribute( "actionpage", GetTempShapeshiftBarIndex() );
  6. -- The below action page is used in little games like at the fayre
  7. --actionBarFrame:SetAttribute( "actionpage",GetOverrideBarIndex());
  9. -- The below action page is used on the farm
  10. --actionBarFrame:SetAttribute( "actionpage",GetVehicleBarIndex());

If someone that is having this problem in nUI can give this a quick test through it would be appreciated. I suspect the OverrideBarIndex is the correct one looking at the video clip I posted so try that one first and see if you get lucky.

Simply take the -- off of the beginning of 1 of the SetAttribute line you want to check, save the file and reloading the UI before starting the scenario quest from the quest giver. Do them in turn a couple of times to make sure only 1 of them works (hopefully) and let me know which one always works and displays the buttons and allows you to use them properly. While you wait for a fix this can then be used in the interim, hopefully.

I'll then work out a simple way for people to test the scenario again to auto trigger the correct page based on a macro conditional on a main bar rather than a special bar of its own.
Attached Files
File Type: zip XUI_ActionBar.zip (2.3 KB, 364 views)

09-24-13, 07:54 AM   #23
crazzzzi
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

ok Xrystal, the vehicle bar sorta works, it won't show the buttons, but they work. however if i do a reload, the first 3 buttons show, those are the one that prepare the food, the last 2 buttons show up as random icons, but if you mousover all 5 buttons have the proper tooltip, button 4 clears current customers, button 5 clears currently made food. the other 2 bars don't work. hopefully this helps, and i tested this with nUi 5 only i'll try 6 later today/tonite

09-24-13, 02:46 PM   #24
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Thanks crazzi.

So VehicleBarIndex is the one that seemed to do the trick ( in part ) ?

Not quite sure why the image won't display if the tooltip works. Or why not all of them work. I can't see any changes in the blizz lua code to reflect that they have changed or added something.

Might take a while to figure out what the next stage of testing is as both the argent tourney and the farm versions of the bar change work with no problems so obviously something else is amiss.

09-24-13, 03:54 PM   #25
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
okay, maybe quicker than I thought ..

This version attached will display details about the buttons displayed. If something is there. Hopefully there is just a glitch on displaying the texture for some reason. Here's some screenshots on what sort of information will appear when used in the argent tournament and the farm.

edit: okay, looks like there is needless output about the buttons when you first log in, ignore this and just concentrate on the block that appears between the action bar updates when you activate the vehicle/item etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_092413_223919.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	7856  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_092413_224645.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	7857  
Attached Files
File Type: zip XUI_ActionBar_V2.zip (2.6 KB, 336 views)

Last edited by Xrystal : 09-24-13 at 04:28 PM.

09-27-13, 12:16 PM   #26
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Out of curiosity, has anyone tried incorporating this fix into nUI yet? I haven't had enough time to get my priest on this quest chain yet to be able to work on it myself.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

09-27-13, 02:42 PM   #27
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Do you mean the tukui one using the possessbar,@vehicle conditional ? If so, that's in my next test once I can see why the buttons don't display straight away in the cooking quest. It's just annoying that it relies on dungeon runs to get to.

At the moment it's still not working to know how to implement it into nUI. That's why I've been using that mini addon so that I can see what code will get it to work and in what conditions. Then I can locate where that change needs to be put.

From the looks of it, it is a macro conditional combo, or it's a totally new condition that triggers. At the moment my mini addon always displays the bar automatically so that we can track why it doesn't display the buttons properly straight away. Doing reloadui usually kicks you out of the scenario from what I read so isn't a solution.

09-27-13, 03:49 PM   #28
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Well just got my pally set up to start the quest chain, so hopefully she will have a better chance to swarm through those dungeons to get to those bosses.

09-27-13, 10:07 PM   #29
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Well pally solo'd right up to the mob you need to kill for this quest and gets 2 shotted on that guy .. just can't seem to avoid the attacks he throws at you .. probably cos Im the only one in there and melee rofl .. so, guess I'm gonna have to rely on people already at the cooking quest stage to test things out.

09-28-13, 12:55 AM   #30
Detritis
A Black Drake
Hi Xrystal,

I'm on the cooking scenario that is bugging out and can happily test away for you.

I have your addon installed, just need you to tell me what to look for and what screenies you need.

Detritis

09-28-13, 05:18 AM   #31
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Thanks,

The last one I added simply lists details the buttons as they are added to the bar.

The screenshots I need are the ones where the messages are displayed ( in the chat frame ) after you join the table which triggers the bar change. If you see the last screenshots I sent while I was testing it on the weeding and tournament mounting you can see what sort of information is displayed.

In short it is showing what spell information is attached to the button as it is added to the bar such as the ID, name, texture. In my example there are two texture portions because they come from 2 different sources so, because the tooltip and clicking them work I am wondering if the problem is simply that one of the textures isn't working properly.

So as you can see a simple test, which will hopefully tell me what isn't being generated properly. If all the information is displayed fine at that point I will have to look into what else I can do to figure it out.

Now, this is where things might be a bit different with this scenario. Looking at the video I linked earlier I noticed that initially there are no buttons displayed ( which seems to be what happens to all bar addons ), so quite possibly when you first sit down there will be no valid if any information displayed at all ( screenshot to take 1 ). It then takes you to the next stage when 1 button is displayed ( screenshot to take 2 ). Then 3 buttons, then 6 I think ( screenshots 3 and possibly 4 ).

And thanks again.

09-28-13, 11:29 AM   #32
Detritis
A Black Drake
OK I will post the screenies tomorrow after the daily reset.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_092913_100458.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	446.4 KB
ID:	7861  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_092913_100504.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	449.1 KB
ID:	7862  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_092913_100506.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	451.3 KB
ID:	7863  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_092913_100508.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	440.6 KB
ID:	7864  

Last edited by Detritis : 09-29-13 at 04:46 AM.

09-29-13, 04:50 AM   #33
Detritis
A Black Drake
and a few more for you ...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_092913_100510.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	437.6 KB
ID:	7865  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_092913_100513.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	436.0 KB
ID:	7866  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_092913_100515.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	432.9 KB
ID:	7867  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_092913_100528.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	432.4 KB
ID:	7868  

09-29-13, 06:18 AM   #34
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Hmm, its worse than I thought, it doesn't seem to be generating any spells for the bar at all ... I was hoping it would at least pop up with the spellID it was using even if the texture wasn't there.

I am completely at a loss how to proceed with this now. Scott, you might have to see if your blizz contact can shed any light into how that cooking quest works actionbar wise.

For now, people will have to resort back to the blizzUI for this quest until we can figure out what is going wrong there.

09-29-13, 04:03 PM   #35
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Okay,

Some bit of information from the Dominoes page on curseforge. Someone reported the same problem there but then someone made a lil comment in reply.

'When I did the scenario, I didn't have this problem. However, it seems the action buttons for the different noode types show up with a delay, i.e. during all the explanations and right-click-me demos there simply are no buttons available. They did show up just when I needed them, though, so maybe it's just the way Blizzard does this senario?'

Has anyone let the scenario go pass this stage and see if the buttons eventually show after the explanation and demos are finished ?

09-30-13, 12:26 AM   #36
Detritis
A Black Drake
I do the scenario every day, after the rest you get 2 quests, 1 for serving customers and 1 for getting 30k bonus points.

The noodles have never shown up in any of the daily scenarios since I have been running them.

I have disabled all other addons and only have nUI running so it isn't a conflict with anything else.

09-30-13, 02:47 PM   #37
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
grrr, it is so annoying not being able to debug it myself. I wish there was a regular quest around somewhere that looks like it has the same problem to help me track it down but nooo. I am currently at a loss for this. My cowardly butt doesn't run dungeons without guildies and even my pally is unable to solo that particular boss, although the dungeon itself is easy in comparison rofl.

12-09-13, 03:40 PM   #38
blademage727
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
grrr, it is so annoying not being able to debug it myself. I wish there was a regular quest around somewhere that looks like it has the same problem to help me track it down but nooo. I am currently at a loss for this. My cowardly butt doesn't run dungeons without guildies and even my pally is unable to solo that particular boss, although the dungeon itself is easy in comparison rofl.
Has anyone made any progress on a fix for this issue?

12-09-13, 04:40 PM   #39
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Sorry, nope,

I have tried every possible macro conditional combo I can think of and none seem to work. I'm suspecting it is the same setting as the Vashjir quest chain as that is the only other one I haven't been able to resolve but can test repeatedly.

The cooking quest I am unable to test myself as I can't solo the boss that you need to kill in the quest chain. I don't do lfg or lfr so it limits my tests but as I said above, I have yet been able to resolve the vash quests bar problem.

I believe it may still be a problem with other bar addons but if you do manage to get it working on one of the other addons like bartender etc knowling the setting they use may help big time.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » bug with new cooking quest