11-14-22, 03:16 PM   #1
jlrm365
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Question Where is the variable / are variables stored?

Hello.

I found a great little addon: LFG Eye Mover

Props to the uploader, luckfore.
It's quite simple, therefore easy for me to understand, but I can't figure out where the variable(s) for it are stored.

A "press shift to move" requirement would be a good step, to avoid accidental movement of the addon. That doesn't seem like something that would be difficult, but I've looked around and can't seem to find the ideal line to insert.

Is it a difficult thing to do?

It'd still be good, to be able to find and back up the variable, in case of disaster.
As the variable seems to be stored per character (the eye is in position on my main, but not alts), then it must be stored per character. I just can't see where.

Can anyone figure out where that variable is?
I have asked the uploader, but thought that this forum might provide a quicker / more thorough answer.

😎👍
Thanks!
11-14-22, 03:53 PM   #2
Kanegasi
A Molten Giant

That addon does not use addon saved variables. It uses the WoW client's saved frame location API. You can find a character's saved frame locations here:

<WoW install>\_retail_\WTF\Account\<accountIDorName>\<serverName>\<characterName>\layout-local.txt

The parts inside <carrots> may be different for you, so I didn't specifically name them.

The best part about these saved locations is that you can disable the addon after moving the frame and it should still be where you moved it.
11-14-22, 03:56 PM   #3
jlrm365
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
That addon does not use addon saved variables. It uses the WoW client's saved frame location API. You can find a character's saved frame locations here:

<WoW install>\_retail_\WTF\Account\<accountIDorName>\<serverName>\<characterName>\layout-local.txt

The parts inside <carrots> may be different for you, so I didn't specifically name them.

The best part about these saved locations is that you can disable the addon after moving the frame and it should still be where you moved it.
Nice one. Thanks. I'll have a proper look asap!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Where is the variable / are variables stored?