04-24-06, 11:11 AM   #1
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Old PerfectRaid Discussion

I've just uploaded and released the newest beta of PerfectRaid-0.3-Beta. You can find it right here on WoWInterface: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...php?s=&id=4673
Also, please be sure to check out my portal (To report bugs and request new features) at http://cladhaire.wowinterface.com.
---
PerfectRaid is a very efficient set of raid frames, meant to present an alternative to the larger compilations (CT_RaidAssist, Blizzard_RaidUI). This provides an easy way to see the status of your raid (including some detailed information) What this will NOT do is be a 100% stand-in replacement for CT_RaidAssist-- that's not the point.

PerfectRaid is its default mode is a single column of the members of the raid, but I will be adding more layout options as we move forward. It has a very very low memory footprint (150k or so), and only allocates frames when necessary. In a full 40 man raid, PerfectRaid takes up about 200k of memory usage loaded, and has almost no visible impact on your increasing memory rate.

In addition to the status bar, PerfectRaid will catch the following states:

Feign Death - Bar will turn turquoise and FD will be displayed next to it, along with any debuffs still on the player
Soulstone - Purple SS, shows that the player has a soulstone buff active (nice for heading into a fight)
Innervate - Green Inn, will show you when a player has been innervated
Low Mana - Based on the mana threshold (Which you can set) shows a yellow "Mana" when a player is below that mana amount. Only displays for mana users.
Power Infusion - I wanted to see who had it, so it catches this as well =) Shows a green "PwI"
Curse - Shows a red "Cu" when a player is cursed
Magic - Shows a purple "Ma" when a player has a magic debuff
Poison - Shows a green "Po" when a player has a poison debuff
Disease - Shows a brown "Di" when a player is diseased

There are a number of options buried in the slash command handler. You can access a full list by using the /praid slash command. There are a few commands there that do nothing, or are in for testing purposes only. The following is a comprehensive list of the slash commands available:

/praid align {left|right}
* This changes the alignment of the frames from left to right, helpful if you place them on the right side of your screen

/praid {show|hide}
* Shows or Hides the raid frame. This does NOT persist across sessions, so disable PerfectRaid if you don't want to see it =)

/praid reset
* Resets the frame position, and all options to their defaults.

/praid truncate
* Toggles between truncate mode being ON or OFF. When truncate is ON (default) longer names will be truncated. If you turn it OFF, the frames will expand to fit the longest name

/praid backdrop {frame|bar} red green blue alpha
* Sets the backdrop of either the entire WatchDog frame, or just the status bars themselves. RGBA are all numbers between 0 and 1.0, for example Red with no transparency would be:
** /praid backdrop 1.0 0 0 1.0

/praid manathreshold {0-100}
* Sets the threshold at which the low mana indicator ("Mana" in yellow) will be displayed. You can set this to 0 to disable it. 100 doesn't make much sense =)

/praid scale {0.1-2.0}
* Changes the scale

/praid voffset pixels
* Changes the vertical offset of any seperated groups (classes, groups) Only works if you are sorting by that type. Negative numbers move the frames down, so this should always be negative.

/praid sort {class|group|name|groupclass}
* Sorts the raid by class, group, name, or group THEN class.

/praid select {group|class|all|none|number} {1-8|warrior|paladin|druid|rogue|hunter|mage|priest|w arlock|shaman}
* Highlights a section of the raid. Group expects a number between 1-8, while class expects the name of a class. These names are expected in English

/praid filter
* Toggles debuff filter mode. When ON, will only show debuffs that your class can cure.

/praid rangecheck
* Toggles range-checking. When ON will dim the transparency of any units not in range of the spell you are casting. Is only updated when you're casting a spell, but works pretty well
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."

Last edited by Cladhaire : 12-20-06 at 12:07 PM.

04-26-06, 08:54 AM   #2
wildcatts29
A Murloc Raider
Only thing i would like to see is a layout change. so you can change between it going up and down to going sideways. i like to put my ct raid across the bottom of the screen over top of my bars, i like the look of perfect raid much better. Great work.

04-26-06, 10:11 AM   #3
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Perhaps I don't understand.. but how would you propose taking horizontal frames and stacking them horizontally? What sort of logical ordering would you use to make it make sense?
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."

04-26-06, 12:24 PM   #4
wildcatts29
A Murloc Raider
basicly what i was thinking is take the frame like it is turn it 90deg then have groups stack 5 high in groups basicly just like ct but in 1 frame and using your design. so like right now its 2-3ins wide and what 8-10ins tall. so i would say 2-3ins tall and 8-10ins wide. for healing this puts the names right above the bars and would be great if not i guess i keep using CT. this is just the way i would use it. Not sure how hard it would be if it is then wouldnt make sense to change for 1 person. Thanks for looking into it though. Something similar to the below. yes its like ct but it would be using your mod, less resources and looks better than ct.

Name====== Name====== Name====== Name====== Name======

04-26-06, 12:26 PM   #5
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
And where would we put the status icons, which are some of the most important things we have this for? Its possible-- and I'll consider it, but it doesn't seem like a well fleshed out idea to me-- the frames just weren't made to be stacked in the manner you intend. I'll see if I can work something in.

06-17-06, 03:03 PM   #6
splatter
A Defias Bandit
incoming heals

hi,
i love this addon an i like it much more than the good old ct_raidassist groups. with one quick watch u can see what is happening to the raid.
one thing i missing and would be so great. do you know "forecast":

http://www.curse-gaming.com/de/wow/a...-forecast.html

this mod schows you incoming heals (and other casts). it would be a very great feature to add sometinh like that to perfecraid. so perfectraid could show up the ammount of incoming heal one the left sie of the heath bars. this would help the crosshealers very much.

do you think that would be possible?

greetz splatter

06-19-06, 01:28 AM   #7
Daelic
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Raid Group Number

I just installed this before tonights MC raid, and I have to say... I *LOVE* this mod!

Far superior to the "Standard" CTRA style...

I do have one question, I somehow was able to turn on group numbers, so that it showed on the left which group a player was in. I need that, since I'm the ML for our raids. It helps me toss loot around quickly when I can see peoples groups.

After the raid, I went to UBRS and noticed the numbers were gone... and I couldn't figure out how to bring them back! Can you tell me the command to show raid group numbers?

06-19-06, 07:23 PM   #8
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
I believe its /praid select numbers (or number)

06-29-06, 07:30 PM   #9
Fumler
A Murloc Raider
Hey, how can I see the hp lost on raid members?

like this:

|0|||||||| blabla 1
|-123||||| blabla 1
|-22|||||| blabla 1

|-46|||||| blabla 2

the ||| lines are supposed to be the HP bar, and the -232 text etc is shown as the hp the member is missing. blabla is the name, and 1 and 2 etc are group number.
I've fixed group number, but how can I see how much hp they are missing?

06-29-06, 07:31 PM   #10
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
You can't right now.

06-29-06, 08:04 PM   #11
Fumler
A Murloc Raider
Well, I know of someone who has that, but he/she will not give out the code for it on behalf of you. I won't say any names. ;D

06-30-06, 06:09 AM   #12
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Have them send me a patch against the current WoWI version, and I'll probably test it and release it back out. I do happily accept code submissions =)

08-04-06, 06:14 PM   #13
gifpaste
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
feature request: target of target

custom sorting groups: DPS (need a way to classify some warriors as DPS), Healers, Casters, Tanks

08-11-06, 09:23 PM   #14
Curney
A Murloc Raider

sometimes when players are added or substracted from the raid or when group change i end up seeing more than 5 people in a group and i havent figured a way to tell praid to refresh itself to get the correct group information. any idea what i should do to correct the issue other than logging out and back on?

Vita Infinita

08-13-06, 07:41 AM   #15
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
You can reload the UI in teh meantime to fix that.

/console reloadui

08-17-06, 07:26 AM   #16
tknice
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Clad,

I am so exited to check out this mod as I am a fan of watchdog, but for some reason it does not seem to work. It shows up under addons and looks correct, however, when I type "/praid show" or "/praid" anything, it says it is not recognized. Any ideas?

Also, should it show up when not in a raid? Is each player targetable by clicking on their name?

Thanks.

Last edited by tknice : 08-17-06 at 07:29 AM.

08-17-06, 07:38 AM   #17
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
It doesn't show up when you're not in a raid.
You can click to target

New version is in progress.

08-17-06, 09:33 AM   #18
tknice
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Ok, I downloaded the 2.x beta and not the 3 version. The latest had the Ace hook and I guess the other did not. Now I see all your slash options so it should be fine. Thanks!

Can't wait to see it in the raid tonight!

08-18-06, 01:51 PM   #19
Lorn
A Defias Bandit
something that'd be really useful is a one click heal option

at the moment i use click heal, and for a 10 or 20, it's fine, once i hit world-raids or MC etc. 40 man raids and i lose about half my screen.

Also something that shows a mana/energy/rage bar under the health bar'd be cool

other than that, nice mod, love the size it comes in, i feel like i have a screen once more

08-18-06, 01:53 PM   #20
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
umm.

I'm slightly offended that you haven't looked at any of my other mods, particularly:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...php?s=&id=5108

Introduction to Clique: http://www.wowinterface.com/portal.php?&id=8&pageid=67

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » PerfectRaid